6mm cable collet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

All,
I’m finishing up a vintage project. The plan is to use a period correct HP gold star .40 engine. The thread size is 6mm. I bought a 6mm Prather connector but it is very bulky as it is meant for a Zenoah. Is there any other 6mm cable connector out there? Does Octura offer one?
Thanks, k

Thanks Tom for replying. I have found an Octura one on Ebay. It is a 6mm for a .150 cable. I figure .150 will do for a .40 engine of that era.

k

List up the available 6 mm threaded collets for .187" cable.

Those Octura collets are terrible with the long fingers that make it nearly impossible to get cable back out.

Thanks guys for your replies. As I mentioned I bought a Prather type collet meant for a Zenoah. But the thing is too bulky for a .40 engine. I have since bought an Octura collet on Ebay.

The Prather type collet (Aeromarine collets look almost identical) can have serious runout. I have bought a couple that are not usable. However, I have some that run true.

Since I have already ordered the Octura collet, I will see if the .150 cable will hold up. The HP .40 has been in my collection for many years. Although it was one of the early engines with Schnuerle porting, I suspect it is no more powerful than the K&B .40 Sportsman. It will probably push the Dumas CF DV 40 to mid to high 30s. On a good day it may do 40.

Thanks,
k

Back