56" Champ O/B Tunnel Hull and Outboard...Coming soon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the person in austrailia researched freight farwarders there he should find somebody that consolodates a container once or twice a month. the boat would b shipped to jersey or florida most likely and then from there its out of ur hands but the forwarder would have his insurance cover it to AU.prob take about a month or so. the boat goes all up in the middle east up to the daggers tip ,round malaysia or somewhere before it gets there,,,it aint fast . the boat is also subject to random searches in the gulf (or whatever ocean ,cant remember) and these searches can last for a day or so. prob cost around $400 tho

I just found a site called Intercargo that can ship to Cairns, which looks to be the nearest port to the guy, who is in Edmonton, Queensland. That looks to cost around $624 UPS air freight...Now if he lived in Melbourne...$238.00 via sea cargo. I didn't realize there was any human activity that north in AU. I figured all of that was considered the Outback...Google Earth will teach you a thing or two real fast! Mike

I just found a site called Intercargo that can ship to Cairns, which looks to be the nearest port to the guy, who is in Edmonton, Queensland. That looks to cost around $624 UPS air freight...Now if he lived in Melbourne...$238.00 via sea cargo. I didn't realize there was any human activity that north in AU. I figured all of that was considered the Outback...Google Earth will teach you a thing or two real fast! Mike
Unfortunately thats always been the issue with larger hulls from the US, freight chargers have been and normally are the deal breakers. I have heard of some model boat guys being able to get a hull or two shipped in containers with other items, that are coming to Oz via different importers. There was some good info on the Old Jims Dock, with regards to shipping larger hulls to Oz, I just can't remember what it consisted of, bugger!

Mike, $238 via sea cargo is by far the best price for shipping that I've heard of so far, well done! Maybe the potential buyer could get it shipped up from Melbourne ?

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
He may be doing an outboard with the new material he got in this week sometime today. I will be calling him about it today.

Well, I sold the first hull locally...cheap. Haven't had really any other interest in the hull, even when it was listed on ebay. I was hoping some people in the US would be interested but its just not the case. I am probably going to just pull the plug on this one, make myself one for the shelf, and sell everything off at a low price to get it out of the way. I think the boats size is just to much, and overseas shipping just isn't working out cost wise. Anyways, take care, Mike

Latest posts

Back