New Fiberglass Leecraft Sport 20 hulls available soon!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron-the 1st-picture in post #12 is a modified version of the original Leecraft logo and I was informed this morning that it was designed for me by Rod Geraghty.
Thanks Tommy. I wonder if he still has the file for that logo? With your permission I would like to put these on the new ones I am selling. 

Ron, I know you said you will be laying up all white and red/white hulls.  Will you also be laying up just plain FG or CF hulls as well? 
Havent thought about that. Its an idea for sure. Hard to do on the tunnels and maintain the sharp sponson edges. May work on this hull. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Alfred was the first one to make this boat in glass. He was always interested in Arno Birts boats for years. He destroyed his sp20 that he got from Arno around 98. It got hit and sank. He call me and was wondering if Arno was still around. I told him he was not building/racing anymore but I might know a guy that had a boat for sale that was built off of his plans. Arno gave me a set of plans years ago. These plans did have some adjustment from me to close down the trap angle by making the sponsons deeper. Arno was always blowing his boat off and it tended to hunt on the front recovery pads if you tried to pin the front down by dropping the strut. The boat was purchased from the Wenechee boys and Alfred ran it for a season. He soon desided to plug the boat and add it to the list of boats he was selling under the Leecraft name. Tommy had nothing to do with it other than providing the name. I believe there also is a gas sport boat mold out there that was also sold under the Leecraft name as well. 

Ron you should give me a call. There are some changes you should make that will help with that boat. I have some pics but having trouble loading them. These are pics of JRs boat. 

Ron-you can do whatever you like with the decals. It may be old but I think it is still one of the better looking decals out there.

Ron,

if Rod doesn't have the logo. I can send you mine. I traced the original decal in Coreldraw back then so now it is vectorized. 

Mike is correct, there has also been a Leecraft gashydro. Here is a picture of it.

LEECRAFT_Edited8414.jpg

logo XT460.jpg

Ron-you can do whatever you like with the decals. It may be old but I think it is still one of the better looking decals out there.
I would agree. Rod did a good job on that design. 

I believe the gas hydro was a Jeff Snell design. 

Mike

Alfred was the first one to make this boat in glass. He was always interested in Arno Birts boats for years. He destroyed his sp20 that he got from Arno around 98. It got hit and sank. He call me and was wondering if Arno was still around. I told him he was not building/racing anymore but I might know a guy that had a boat for sale that was built off of his plans. Arno gave me a set of plans years ago. These plans did have some adjustment from me to close down the trap angle by making the sponsons deeper. Arno was always blowing his boat off and it tended to hunt on the front recovery pads if you tried to pin the front down by dropping the strut. The boat was purchased from the Wenechee boys and Alfred ran it for a season. He soon desided to plug the boat and add it to the list of boats he was selling under the Leecraft name. Tommy had nothing to do with it other than providing the name. I believe there also is a gas sport boat mold out there that was also sold under the Leecraft name as well. 

Ron you should give me a call. There are some changes you should make that will help with that boat. I have some pics but having trouble loading them. These are pics of JRs boat. 
Mike,

Thank you for your insight, history, and suggestions. I will give you a call so we can discuss. I would also like to talk to you about providing a turn fin solution for the hull. 

Ron,

if Rod doesn't have the logo. I can send you mine. I traced the original decal in Coreldraw back then so now it is vectorized. 

Mike is correct, there has also been a Leecraft gashydro. Here is a picture of it.

View attachment 97587

View attachment 97589
That would be excellent. I would appreciate getting a copy of your logo as well to have as an other option. Thank you!!!

Oh ok. Mystery solved. Just saw this post J.R. Thank you. So the Sport 20’s I am getting were sold under the Leecraft name by Alfred. These are the molds I have. I will post more pics once the new boats arrive. In the meantime I will reach out to Mike Hughes for more information as well. Thank you for the clarification. Do you have any setup info? I want to provide a complete hardware kit for these as well as radio boxes. I am working on IMPBA version (transom mounted strut) as well as NAMBA version (floor mounted strut). Can you post some pics all around and inside and send to me? Any help to get this project off the ground is appreciated. Thanks. 
Ron. I can say as Alfred's pit guy off and on for years. I can tell you what he found for hardware that worked. Mike hughes sport .21 turn fin, speedmaster sport .21 strut and speedmaster mini rudder. As for motor mounts Alfred used a set of custom floor mounts in his. He also used a double square setup for the shaft. Alfred still owns his Original Arno wood boat and even races it every so often. He also used a speedmaster flat bottom strut on one of them too.

Also Ron let me know when you get them in because I need to order a new cowl for my brand new undrilled one.

Tommy,

Thank you for the information above. That was very helpful. I have a white and red/white Leecraft 21 in stock but have not added to the website.

Ron

How deep is the belly pan on the sport 20.

Back