Re-building a Dunlap W.O.F 30 O/B tunnel hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all i have spent the last month rebuilding my 10 yr old Dunlap W.O,F 30 tunnel hull was originally set up for a Astro 25 cobalt motor on a rek lower unit and 12 nimh cells then switched to 4s lipo with UL-1 power and a Seaking 120 amp esc giving me 47 mph top speed. First modification i made was get rid of the analog steering servo and a pair of 7'' long 2-56 pushrods with 2 bends in each pushrod to a Hitec HS-5646 WP 156 oz torque digital water proof servo with a pair of 4-40 3''long pushrods running straight into the steering arm. Second modification got rid of the rek lower unit and changed it out for an O.S Max .21 lower unit.Third modification swap out the 120 amp Seaking esc for a Swordfish Pro 220 amp 6s esc with 6mm bullet plugs and 8 GA wire. My ? here is what is the max power setup a 29 3/4'' long tunnell hull could handle? There is room in the battery box for a 6s1p 5000 mah lipo i also have a 4082 1600 kv Leopard motor sitting on the shelf. Regards Andris Golts.

Back