Any radio experts here?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
OK, those hits on 27 band got me thinking so I did a little digging.

Found this pinout for the Futaba FP-TP tx module that's in the 3PJ, 7U, 8U, 9C & 9Z:

looking at the back of the transmitter, antenna pointing away from you:

left side

#1 PPM

#2 switched battery positive

#3 RF good (pulled low through a transister when signal is present at the final amp)

#4 ground

#5 RF out

right side

I knew my old 3EGX modules were 10 pin but when I opened one to have a look the pins are tied together so the result is only 5 inputs to the module:

normal_Module_003.jpg

So using the same orientation as previous, pins 1/2, 3/4, 5/6/7, 8/9, 10 feed the tx. Any idea whats what? Any way to find out?

Guess you figured where this is going. Here's the FASST unit that replaces that FP-TP module:

http://www3.towerhob...?&I=LXUMU0&P=SM

If I can find figure the pinouts on my old 3EGX couldn't I adapt the FASST system to it? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably could, the only problem is would it be legal? The answer is no, since the work wouldn't have been done by a licensed shop. What you could do is contact Radio South and see if they could modify a module to make it work and tune everything to make it legal. The way I see it, it's not worth getting busted by the FCC for trying to save a few dollars.

You probably could, the only problem is would it be legal? The answer is no, since the work wouldn't have been done by a licensed shop. What you could do is contact Radio South and see if they could modify a module to make it work and tune everything to make it legal. The way I see it, it's not worth getting busted by the FCC for trying to save a few dollars.
Ahhh, I'll have Pete Waters at Kraft Midwest do the work, he's been at it since reeds and tubes. :blink:

Just trying to get some info for him...

I have been following a bunch of threads on the airplane forums---- it is long and winding road--- but in a few words--- what HydJunkie said only applies to the 27/72/75 stuff the hack modules now supplied by many Chinese companies are considered a complete unit by the FCC. But bottom line is NOBODY who has ungraded is getting busted and there are oodles of these being done to upgrade a persons favorite trans to 2.4.Some guys are even adding a cheap Chinese hack module to thier FASST system with a switch so they can switch between FAAST and the cheap Chinese recievers!!) But stepping back a minute why hack your favorite trans when you can buy a new trans and reciever for $25.00 plus shipping from Hobbycity?? ------------------see this link--------http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9042 Notice I linked to a radio that has rachet knob to one channel (for you two stick guys like me) Rudy

Back