Futaba FASST

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a separate FS-1 failsafe (don't trust myself to set the tx each time I turn it on) and it closes the throttle when in "trance" mode. The rudder and mixture are held firm at neutral. :blink:
Terry, I know this is a long shot (and not ideal), but are all of the boat/TX's you've had this problem with have the same fail safe. If so, can you remove the failsafe out of the equation? I couldn't tell from your previous post if your having the problem with mulitple TX/RX combinations or just one.

Later,

Ball

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a separate FS-1 failsafe (don't trust myself to set the tx each time I turn it on) and it closes the throttle when in "trance" mode. The rudder and mixture are held firm at neutral. :blink:
Terry, I know this is a long shot (and not ideal), but are all of the boat/TX's you've had this problem with have the same fail safe. If so, can you remove the failsafe out of the equation? I couldn't tell from your previous post if your having the problem with mulitple TX/RX combinations or just one.

Later,

Ball

Thanks Mike, tried that. Have had 2 out of 5 tx's do it so far...

Interesting subject. I am considering changing my 3PK PCM transmitter to the FASST by changing the module. Has there been any issues with the conversion? I would be using the LIFE batteries that but out more than 6 volts in the boat. I have had two boats destroyed by folks turning their transmitters on while I was racing and recently a transmitter failure which I have never had occur.
Doc, I have 3PJ xmitters with 2.4 conversions and run LiFe receiver packs. Of course I don't run as much as you, but I've never had an issue.

Could the two trans offenders have extreme trim settings on either the first channel or the last channel, thereby shortening or lengthening the PPM pulse stream to the point that the module can't handle it?? Maybe try setting in extreme trims to try and duplicate the problem on the bench??

Could the two trans offenders have extreme trim settings on either the first channel or the last channel, thereby shortening or lengthening the PPM pulse stream to the point that the module can't handle it?? Maybe try setting in extreme trims to try and duplicate the problem on the bench??
Think you're on the right track but none were at their extremes, I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

Tony mentioned he had to "disable" the 4th channel in the 3EGX encoder and is wondering if the gap in the pulse stream might be throwing the 3 channel rx off, I'll send them back this winter.

Way beyond me. :unsure:

its the module what you have to do is bind it to another rx then bind it back to the other one if it still does not work all the time then its needs to be worked on i have had this happen too 3 modules and had to take them apart to fix them

if your going to be at Northern nats this weekend ill be there

im Tuan (Tun) wally friend i raced the last Northern lights race and got 3RD in open hydro

Latest posts

Back