32" Woodstuff performance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

Hey folks,

I have a older 32" Woodstuff with a K&B3.5ss. It seems to run well and have good compression, but the performance is a bit slow. I'd guess 35ish max. I still can lean the needle out a bit (head just gest warm) but the boat is unlikly to pick up 5 to 10 mph

Is 35ish the max I'm likly to see out of a 32" Woodstuff tunnel Stock 3.5ss with 20% nitro?

The Woodstuff handles awesome, just use it for fun....but I have to admit now that I have it workling it's a bit booring.

My little 24" FE tunnel is more of a challange to drive.

Dave

The little 3.5 K&B can't produce enough power for that big boat. The 28" size would of been a better choice as the 32" is more a 3.5 mod size. Just enjoy it until you can ad more power. ;)

John

Fishinghole is right on the money with his assessment of the 32" vs. 28"

A 7.5 motor would be too big for the 32" woodstuff for the boat to run properly, it'd be dangerously fast, but most likely EXTREMELY difficult to set up.

That boat was designed specifically for a modified 3.5cc motor with a pipe, such as a novarossi or cmb or rossi powerhead, ideally with a lawless lower unit.

Contact Mike Crawford for more information.

262 210 9403.

Garrett Randall

Last edited by a moderator:
As an owner of 4 Woodstuff tunnels, I have to agree with Garrett and the rest, either you have the wrong motor or the wrong boat, your choice. The 32" boat was built for big hp. Well, as much as a 3.5 can produce anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx Folks,

I have to figure out what I want to do. I imagine MOD 3.5 are pretty tempermental and expensive. Not sure if I want to go down that route.

I may if one already built ready to run was available, but we'll have to look and see.

Ahh so may choices.. :)

THX!

Get yourself a Rossi AXE powerhead @ $ 199.99. This should fit on your K&B lower. Keep checking on here for a used pipe and Rossi exhaust manifold, or buy new, and your set. Zoom.........Zoom, Zoom. :)

John

Get yourself a Rossi AXE powerhead @ $ 199.99. This should fit on your K&B lower. Keep checking on here for a used pipe and Rossi exhaust manifold, or buy new, and your set. Zoom.........Zoom, Zoom. :)

John
If you decide to keep the motor and look for a smaller boat, don't pass up a VS-1 or an older Villain.

You'll love it and if you choose a new kit, everything is included for a fantastic price.

I've run Villains for years and have quite a few, but I had an opportunity to help out a friend by assenbling his new VS-1 and I have to say, it blew me away as to how easy it was and how complete.

Mike

Awesome job on this one!!

Back