.28 Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nova .28 is a ROCK STAR! When I got the first one in a couple of years ago I loaned it to Mike Nowicki(sp?) and he ran something like 102 or 104mph at a record trial in Flint. A small sleeve shim and a reduced volume head button is all they need. And they are pretty inexpensive too.

GQ
What model is the engine that your talking about, is it the T528???
Yes

GQ
What price is the 28 marine Glenn, do you normally stock it
Shane, I do not normally keep them in stock. The last time I got one I think they were around $250.

GQ
Hi Glenn, how much would it cost for and engine and shipping to the UK?
Hey Martin, I haven't ordered one in a year or two, let me check on the price and I will get back to you.

GQ
Martin, it looks like I can still sell them for $250 plus shipping. Let me know if you would like me to get you one in my next order.

GQ

The Nova .28 is a ROCK STAR! When I got the first one in a couple of years ago I loaned it to Mike Nowicki(sp?) and he ran something like 102 or 104mph at a record trial in Flint. A small sleeve shim and a reduced volume head button is all they need. And they are pretty inexpensive too.

GQ
What model is the engine that your talking about, is it the T528???
Yes

GQ
What price is the 28 marine Glenn, do you normally stock it
Shane, I do not normally keep them in stock. The last time I got one I think they were around $250.

GQ
Hi Glenn, how much would it cost for and engine and shipping to the UK?
Hey Martin, I haven't ordered one in a year or two, let me check on the price and I will get back to you.

GQ
Martin, it looks like I can still sell them for $250 plus shipping. Let me know if you would like me to get you one in my next order.

GQ
Thanks Glenn, definately will get in contact with you! How much is shipping to the UK normally...$20???

Martin

Ran the GAE21 for the first time this weekend. I have never had a rigger before and it took me a while to get used to the launch technique! I have only seen the riggers on video.

I don't think many people run them in the UK due to relatively small lakes and there isn't the same Hydro tradition here as you have in the USA. I am thinking of making a cowl for the front to stop water washing in on poor hand launches..All I can say is WOW!. It took me a bit of time to get the engine running smoothly but even on half throttle its AMAZING. I cant believe how tight it turns and even at speed. I cant wait to run it in. My relatively small lake at Welwnyn in the UK already seems small....I'm one happy customer !

Ran the GAE21 for the first time this weekend. I have never had a rigger before and it took me a while to get used to the launch technique! I have only seen the riggers on video.

I don't think many people run them in the UK due to relatively small lakes and there isn't the same Hydro tradition here as you have in the USA. I am thinking of making a cowl for the front to stop water washing in on poor hand launches..All I can say is WOW!. It took me a bit of time to get the engine running smoothly but even on half throttle its AMAZING. I cant believe how tight it turns and even at speed. I cant wait to run it in. My relatively small lake at Welwnyn in the UK already seems small....I'm one happy customer !
Hi Tim,

Although there isn't the numbers of those in the States, there is still a strong circuit racing section in the UK. The link below is to the MPBA website were you'll be able to find details of your local club/membership requirements for racing. http://www.mpba.org.uk/index.html . The first face of the season is actually Sunday 14th April at Elmbridge Model Club, Egham- http://www.elmbridgemc.net/index.php/boat-section

Hi Martin. That is good to hear and an impressive looking club too. I had been hoping to have a proper Hydro for years and this has been a great treat. As I mentioned I came back to RC models about a year ago and started with electric helis and also fly planes as we have a great local model flying club near me(North London Flyers). I am North of London in Potters Bar and my nearest lake is Stanborough lake at Welwyn where there is a boating pond. It seems very empty there and i just see some scale electric model boaters there now and then. Its convenient though as it has a great park to keep the kids amused too. I think I remember going to see model racing in Surrey in the 70s I think it was then Thorpe Park. With family commitments its a bit tough travelling far now at weekends but I will certainly try to get down there sometime. Here is the link to a photo of my JAE21. I had to widen the tub a bit around the needle valve! https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9slzs3hdlylrod/IMG_0117.JPG

Latest posts

Back