*2016 IMPBA Gas Nationals*

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the Thursday night cookout!

Hot dogs and hamburgers. Gonna be a par-taaay.

I'm gonna have to cancel on this )-: Too much time off to ask for on a new job. When I entered & made plans to attend, I was self-employed. Have to answer to a different boss now. The fact that I destroyed my Vector at the Gas Clash didn't help, either.

So where are we at on the parking of trailers, still on tree side and canopies on pond side? How early can we start setting up and securing our pit areas. Is it gonna be a requirement at this national event for t-boats to have a U number on them? thanks,bj

Is it gonna be a requirement at this national event for t-boats to have a U number on them?

Anyone have an answer to this question???

I'm not the CD of this race but at last year's race it was required for boats to follow the rule book requirements for numbers and sponsors. I'm sure Juice will chime in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Being a national event id say yes. and be prepared for stock class engine tech. It is required that as many as the top 3 be inspected.

Thanks - I have a number on the boat, just not a "U"....just wanted confirmation if I needed to have new numbers cut.

Mikey

Be prepared for stock class engine TECK .That is BOX STOCK engines out of the BOX.

Dave

This is what is in the rule book about U numbers.

c. All boats shall have a front or rear cockpit with driver figures from the 1950s - 1970s era, no cartoon or animal characters.

d. All boats shall have a period correct paint scheme and sponsor name & logo. The Sponsor and/or logo may be original or of your own choice.

If it says it needs a U number I don't see it.

I think there is something about offshore that says you need a number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, new Sport 40 rules say you need a number but no U or GP. Thunderboat, period correct paint scheme, but no number or U.
default_ph34r.png

No "U" number required on Thunderboats but you must have sponsor name or logo, real or made up.

Sport Hydros require a number.

Offshore boats must have numbers on sides and deck.

All engines in the stock classes will be marked before we start and there will be a tech inspection after the race. If you need to work on your stock engine during the race, you must notify a race official who will monitor any repair.

Shootout style correct? Only first round is random. All other rounds the heats are determined by points ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats correct. 4 rounds of racing, 5th round will be the top 6 boats for points. winners will be determined by points total.

The assault on Sellersburg has begun,drive safe and be safe racing. Party every nite remember we are all family so conduct yourself that way.Brad Maglinger and myself will be doing interviews and some facebook live video. LETS RACE!

Anyone traveling on I65 be careful .

There is major construction in Louisville Downtown for a new bridge.

They are also widening 65 north of Sellarsburg.

Back