*2016 IMPBA Gas Nationals*

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be real careful on your speed north of Louisville on I65 north they have unmarked police cars and trucks.

Dave

Most of the unmarked cars are new Ford Mustangs.

A couple Black and a couple Blue.
theres also a couple white pick up trucks also. there is a ford focus. and there are 2 motorcycle cops running around. i drive this route all the time they are mostly in the 55 mph section. so be careful.

Friday night banquet is at the American Legion. 7:00PM. Here is the address.

412 N New Albany St, Sellersburg, IN 47172

Go down road that says no outlet and before you run into 65 go north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6ce3dc358e14c248bb2cb4cebba31587.jpg

That was yesterday afternoon. Great sunny day today. Still got thru 4 heats shy of 2 rounds. This race is being run very efficiently. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINAL RESULTS.pdfThanks to the Quad County Guys and Gals for putting on a great race, especially Roy Workman, AKA “The Energizer Bunny”, for pulling it all together at the last minute.

Also, special thanks to Maggie, our chef, for treating everyone to a great Cajun lunch.

Final results are attached.

Don Brown

Finish

Attachments

• FINAL RESULTS.pdf
    537.9 KB · Views: 103
I think the IMPBA Gas Nationals was a huge success despite the monsoon rain that made the site pretty muddy. Thanks to the Quad County club for hosting the event and thanks to the River City Racing club and the Madison club for helping out.

Roy Workman was the event leader and this man never stopped. If things were needed Roy got it done. Thank you Roy. This event would not have been successful had it not been for you.

A special thanks to Rick Maston, Dale Brobst, Miss Kim Grim, and Joan Kasicki for helping me out on the CD tower. It is a thankless job that many times goes unnoticed. Shout out to Mike Schindler for all his help before and during the race. Great pit boss. The retrieve boat guys have the hardest job at the event. Thanks to Sam Hagan, Dave Hagan, Rob Overton, Matt Smith, and Matt Schofield for manning the retrieve boat. Hope I haven't left anyone out. It will take me a few days to recover.

We had plenty of food at the site also. Thanks to Joe Petro of ZippKits for Thursday dinner and Maggie from the VOODOO club for the awesome jambalaya at the race end Saturday afternoon. Shout out to Matt Smith for sharing the chicken chunks. **** good.

Thanks to all that came to the race. Many traveled from far away to attend. The main goal was for everyone to have a good time racing and hanging out with fellow boaters and I believe that was accomplished. The highlight of the race for me was seeing young boater, Grant Liddycoat win in an exciting photo finish in SS Mono. Nice job Grant. Grant is all of 8 years old. Great driving by Doug Twaits who twice jumped the start but still managed to get his lap back and win those heats. There were many beautiful boats there. We had very few crashes which is always a good thing. I attribute this to the 5 buoy turns which defines the turn better and makes for better racing.

The recipient of this years Johnny Ber award was Roy Workman. Congratulations to Roy...it was well deserved.

Back