2012 Fall Nats READY TO ROCK & ROLL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just started a new thread for a few openings in specific classes for the race. Please refer to that thread for more info and how to enter if you choose to.

Additional news:

The CMB club will host a lakeside dinner Saturday evening consisting of a lowcountry boil or Beaufort stew. It is shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and corn on the cob cooked in a seafood seasoned pot. It is outstanding and we served it at the Internats here in June. Cost will be a very nominal fee of $5 per person. The CMB club picks up the remainder of the cost.

There will be a bonfire after the meal is served behind the lake owner's residence like we did last year. It appears that Kerri Carter cannot make the race this year so Jeni has no partner to plan or host the game time period. So that may not happen this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great John. The dinner and bonfire were awesome last year. We all had a wonderful time and are looking forward to attending. Thanks.

I have just started a new thread for a few openings in specific classes for the race. Please refer to that thread for more info and how to enter if you choose to.

Additional news:

The CMB club will host a lakeside dinner Saturday evening consisting of a lowcountry boil or Beaufort stew. It is shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and corn on the cob cooked in a seafood seasoned pot. It is outstanding and we served it at the Internats here in June. Cost will be a very nominal fee of $5 per person. The CMB club picks up the remainder of the cost.

There will be a bonfire after the meal is served behind the lake owner's residence like we did last year. It appears that Kerri Carter cannot make the race this year so Jeni has no partner to plan or host the game time period. So that may not happen this year.
John

My wife and I are in for the country boil, how do we pay???

Thanks

Walt Barney

Additional news:

John

My wife and I are in for the country boil, how do we pay???

Thanks

Walt Barney

The money will be collected at the time of the dinner Saturday evening from those attending. We will try to get a head count during check in for the race for the cooks.

were doing the final testing this weekend!!!! ready to battle and have fun!! This is going to a great race

After a workday yesterday, the race site is now setup and ready for the Fall Nationals this weekend. Lake been cleaned, site has new wood chips, pit area roped off, food service available Thursday through Sunday, dumpsters on site, and extra port a lets coming by Wednesday. Please drop your trailers BEHIND the roped area, canopies are to be set up in front of the ropes among the tree line. Boat trailers will be stacked 2 to 3 deep. Vehicle parking across the clearing from the boat trailers. RV's and campers to be parked in the rear corner along buoy 1 end. A large extra parking area for RV's and vehicles has been made on the other side of the tree line next to the RV area. Please use it.

Do not forget the last and featured race, the Twin Rigger Championship. It is between the top 3 nitro twins and the top 3 gas twins coming from the twin classes. There will be a 1 heat shootout for the 2012 Fall Nationals Championship. Stu Barr is the reigning and returning champion from 2011 and Ross Medina won in 2009 & 2010.

Entries have been closed, heat sheets made up, and racer heat handouts printed. We will be very busy with 200 heats to run over 3 days and we have done it for several years. Site ready, admin work ready. Safe travels to all. Let's go racing at one of the very best and premier race sites anywhere!

Good Luck!!! to all of racers attending the Charleston SC Fall Nationals !! See you again in 2013.

We always appreciate the hard work and efforts by the members of the Charleston Model boat club in putting on the biggest race of the year in IMPBA. Hammer, Nails, The Don and Air Bisquit will be coming down Tuesday for an enjoyable few days of friends, fun, food, relaxation and playing with boats. First class accomodations at the world famous Hotel DeBlack include food, drinks, games and story telling ( some true, some not so true ). I hear the Jimmy Dean burgers are to die for there.

See you at the races!

Dick Tyndall

got the jae repaired, recleared, & reassembled it last night. fresh bullet in it, since it started coming apart at the internats. thanx, jimmy B) ! new sd-3 ready (thanx deryl), same ol' tunnels :p . relax tonite, look over everything, load tomorrow evening. headed out 'bout 3 am wednesday. see ya'll at the pond wednesday afternoon, can't wait to see all my old friends & make some new ones!!!

Just checked weather.com....Great news!! very low chance of rain and most important---wind at 4mph!! so put on the big blades and lets rock!!!

Back