2012 CMB World Tunnel Championships now accepting entries!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the dates had been posted earlier. Too late for me to get the time off. I guess I will have to find a different race to go to
Bob,

When I sent out to all CMB members in mid November the final results of the club racing series for 2011, the dates for the CMB races for 2012 were listed. In September, I also posted a thread here what our anticipated race dates for the CMB races for 2012 to be held for advance planning purposes. I am sorry you did not pick up on them but there has been notice published.

John,

Just a clarification on spec/fe/tunnel rules. I know your district has specific esc rules that are different than Namba and Impba national rules. Being this is a national/world event trying to bring in competition from other areas are you enforcing the local rules or keeping things aligned with national rules?

Mic

CD is on board now.

Have to race my same old stuff from the last 5 years.

Sure hope they run......

RP

John,

Just a clarification on spec/fe/tunnel rules. I know your district has specific esc rules that are different than Namba and Impba national rules. Being this is a national/world event trying to bring in competition from other areas are you enforcing the local rules or keeping things aligned with national rules?

Mic
The IMPBA FE rules will apply. We will not have any special club/race FE rules. The IMPBA FE rules specify each class boat lengths and the max voltage permitted. We will not get into the ESC or motor issues. I have conferred with Doug Smock and that is the way we should be doing it.

CD is on board now.

Have to race my same old stuff from the last 5 years.

Sure hope they run......

RP
Hey Randy. I'll make you a deal. You run my new stuff and I'll run your old stuff..................... ;) :p :p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I always say I am going to cut back on classes for this race the next year but never do. I love racing tunnels too much. My mom always said that anything worth while is going to be a lot of work and she was right. I will leave the race with a sore back and sore feet but happy happy happy, win or lose. I usually come away with some wood so my methodology must work. Either that or I am just lucky. Also, when you have cancer you never know when it may be your last big race. I'll bring Ron Shaw some of my special vitamins! Us old folks will make it one way or the other as long as people help us out as Pit Men, They always have in the past so everything looks good. I can't wait for Tunnel Heaven!! James Beasley

So following IMPBA there is no specific ESC mandated just motors. I know this wasn't clear to one of the Florida guys who is considering traveling to the race.

John,

Mic
The IMPBA FE rules will apply. We will not have any special club/race FE rules. The IMPBA FE rules specify each class boat lengths and the max voltage permitted. We will not get into the ESC or motor issues. I have conferred with Doug Smock and that is the way we should be doing it.

Well, I always say I am going to cut back on classes for this race the next year but never do. I love racing tunnels too much. My mom always said that anything worth while is going to be a lot of work and she was right. I will leave the race with a sore back and sore feet but happy happy happy, win or lose. I usually come away with some wood so my methodology must work. Either that or I am just lucky. Also, when you have cancer you never know when it may be your last big race. I'll bring Ron Shaw some of my special vitamins! Us old folks will make it one way or the other as long as people help us out as Pit Men, They always have in the past so everything looks good. I can't wait for Tunnel Heaven!! James Beasley
AMEN James,

You bring those vitamins and we will be just fine!!!!........... ;) I put this hobby I loved so much on hold many years ago, to raise my two girls. Only after my old boating friend Mike showed up at my door last year, did I determine that my girls are close to starting their own busy lives and families and it was time to return. Our lack of a pond left the only opportunity we had to get the cob webs out and test would be by utilizing open water as much as possible, and finish as many heats as we could. We finally locked in a test pond this week and welcome anyone that would like to join us.

I looked at the list after I entered and thought that I must be crazy. But hearing about this "tunnel heaven" only race late last year, prompted me to run as many classes as possible, as just like James said above, tunnels have always been my favorite of all of the classes of rc boats. Dick Loeb knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he graciously offered one of his FE Tunnels for me to race in Fla. I pulled the trigger coming out of turn one and I was instantly hooked. He is helping me build my very own P Limited, as well as a P and Q. He is "the man" when it comes to FE tunnels. I also recently picked up a Kneeler from Jerry Dunlap, and a Mod VP from John Knight. I figured I would help fill these two classes I had never heard of until last year, and try something totally different. Its going to be a blast for sure. James and I will appreciate any help that is given and even though we will be dragging and hurting by the end of the weekend, win or lose, it will be hard to find anyone else with a bigger smile than us!!!!!!!!!...................... :) :) :) :) :)

We usually have always gone with UL 1 motors and aquacraft controllers 60 amp. Lets dont get a big debait going on this

AMEN James,

You bring those vitamins and we will be just fine!!!!........... ;) I put this hobby I loved so much on hold many years ago, to raise my two girls. Only after my old boating friend Mike showed up at my door last year, did I determine that my girls are close to starting their own busy lives and families and it was time to return. Our lack of a pond has left the only opportunity we have to get the cob webs out and test, is by utilizing open water as much as possible, and finish as many heats as we can. We finally locked in a test pond this week and welcome anyone that would like to join us.

I looked at the list after I entered and thought that I must be crazy. But hearing about this "tunnel heaven" only race late last year, prompted me to run as many classes as possible, as just like James said above, tunnels have always been my favorite of all of the classes of rc boats. Dick Loeb knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he graciously offered one of his FE Tunnels for me to race in Fla. I pulled the trigger coming out of turn one and I was instantly hooked. He is helping me build my very own P Limited, as well as a P and Q. He is "the man" when it comes to FE tunnels. I also recently picked up a Kneeler from Jerry Dunlap, and a Mod VP from John Knight. I figured I would help fill these two classes I had never heard of until last year, and try something totally different. Its going to be a blast for sure. James and I will appreciate any help that is given and even though we will be dragging and hurting by the end of the weekend, win or lose, it will be hard to find anyone else with a bigger smile than us!!!!!!!!!...................... :) :) :) :) :)
Don't forget I got to feed you two for having entered so many boats....so you will be dragging and hurting but full!

Hahahahahaha..............that's right Jeni. Thanks to you, we will be well fed for sure........ ;)

We usually have always gone with UL 1 motors and aquacraft controllers 60 amp. Lets dont get a big debait going on this
I understand that you guys usually have run these esc's. I have asked mic to see if he knew what the esc rule was going to be for the spec tunnel class. I don't run the proboat or aquacraft esc's. If it was going to be limited to those, then that will be fine, I don't want to sign up for the race if I am not going to be able to run the esc that I have.

I understand that you guys usually have run these esc's. I have asked mic to see if he knew what the esc rule was going to be for the spec tunnel class. I don't run the proboat or aquacraft esc's. If it was going to be limited to those, then that will be fine, I don't want to sign up for the race if I am not going to be able to run the esc that I have.
Jeff your boat will fit perfectly in the "P" class as it is. ;)

The approved District D13 Limited class motors and ESCs can be found here. http://impba.net/ind...catid=18&id=495

If you fellas would like to discuss this further please start a NEW thread on the IMPBA D13 forum. These selections are discussed at the end of every season by D13 members.

Thanks,

Doug

Jeff your boat will fit perfectly in the "P" class as it is. ;)

The approved District D13 Limited class motors and ESCs can be found here. http://impba.net/ind...catid=18&id=495

If you fellas would like to discuss this further please start a NEW thread on the IMPBA D13 forum. These selections are discussed at the end of every season by D13 members.

Thanks,

Doug
Thanks for answering that one.... thats why they pay you the big bucks...you know all the answers.....lol

Thanks for clearing it up Doug. I was not trying to start a discussion on what should or shouldn't be run I just wanted to know what the rules were going to be for this race. Since it is going to be stuck on the proboat and aquacraft esc's then it is not a race for me to attend. My boat as a spec/p-limited boat does not have a chance against a real p tunnel

I would but they are only going to allow the aquacraft/proboat escs in that class. I don't have any interest in spending more money on an esc that is not as good as the one I have and changing my setup to do that.

Thanks for clearing it up Doug. I was not trying to start a discussion on what should or shouldn't be run I just wanted to know what the rules were going to be for this race.
You're welcome sir.

Doug

Back