2007 Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonspeedy

Hey Guys-

Glenn and I have been discussing the possibility of hosting the 2007 Internats at Blue Lake in Valdosta. For anyone who's seen Blue Lake...we would be racing from the other side. I could handle the infrastructure myself, but I would need a committed team of experienced hosts and/or workers to help. We are probably the smallest club in the IMPBA (maybe not, but I'm the only member who lives within four hours of the lake), so I would need massive amounts of help. Glenn and I have a tradition of making people feel at home, and I've always said that Blue Lake would be an excellent site for the Internats. I'm just sticking my toe in the water, seeing if anyone would be interested in helping. I know this isn't necessarily the right forum, but I felt the exposure might be greater here.

I'm willing to give 150% if anyone else would like to tag along for the ride.

Thanks in advance-Jason O'Brien

Not sure how many days I could be there, maybe I could take some vacation time but I would do whatever I could do for you guys while I was there. I am below Savannah so it would not be a bad drive for me. I plan to come to your rcord trials this year too so I am interested in seeing the lake.

Mark

Jason, its funny you came out with this as I had mentioned to Bobby Halliday that I was thinking of seeing if you would like to have the Nats in Valdosta given that we could put a group together to help. I had decided to hold off asking you about it for a bit.

I would be willing to take all entries and input them into my race program which has been used at the Nats for the past several years. Create all the heats and score the event. I could probably do some CD'ing as well.

Ron

For us Northen boys and girls where is this pond located? Preferably some type of address we could map quest.

If I can get it planned for I would be willing to help in some way.

Thanks

Brian Nelsen

Rod- It was actually YOUR idea. Glenn told me that you were interested, so I started giving it some serious thought. Blue Lake is in Valdosta, GA, off exit 13 on I-75...13 miles north of the Florida state line.

The site is awesome, and the area in general is very accomodating and hospitable. I'm sure the chamber of commerce and the tourist authority would bend over backwards, and I could probably get some fair motel rates for racers.

I'll keep checking this post to see what kind of responses I get.

Ok found it, looks like about 21 hours if I drive and 500.00 in gas one way. If this works out I would love to go, maybe I can just ship the boats and fly.

Keep looking into it guys and I will help where I can when I can.

Brian

Being that I live in Germany now, I cant help much in the preparation aspect, but I would more than willing to CD, or pitboss, or retrieve boats... or?? I have been to the Valdosta site at your big heat race you had a bout 4-5 years agao, and the pond is AWESOME!! Perfect for internats, especially on the side you are refering to... would be along trip for the northerner boys, but most are hardcore enough to make the journey...

I can commit to the trip if you guys host them. I have already talked to my Race partner in Charleston, SC and we have a go....

~James

Dates will CRITICAL for this to work. I know ...............NO ONE want to boat at the current temp in the state right now!!! HOT AS HE@#!!!!!!!!!! We have been at 90 + since late June.

It may NOT repeat next year............But????

The pond in Valdosta is a fine site. We really enjoyed the race in January a few years ago. And, we found that it can snow in Ga.! 90's doesn't sound hot to me when we keep having 102-104 every day here. How humid is it in that area? If Glenn and Jason get this together, I will help where I can.

Dates will CRITICAL for this to work. I know ...............NO ONE want to boat at the current temp in the state right now!!! HOT AS HE@#!!!!!!!!!! We have been at 90 + since late June.

It may NOT repeat next year............But????

Chuck has a very good point. We know that this year the Internats were moved to June to align with the unlimited hydroplane race in Evansville. Would IMPBA be agreeable to move it again to June instead of July. The difference in weather can be huge between June and July. Temps and humidity will get some of a break in June but none in July.

Something to consider.

The Valdosta site just has to get the bid info submitted and the Board considers the bid, including dates. I will tell you that if they are the only bid, they have a good chance at it, regardless of the dates!!

Brian

The Valdosta site just has to get the bid info submitted and the Board considers the bid, including dates. I will tell you that if they are the only bid, they have a good chance at it, regardless of the dates!!

Brian
Are the traditional dates being considered. Or is there a chance the Nats. could be done later in the year :unsure:

I agree on the dates things, last year in Tennesee was one HOT muther, and im from the south. Makes no sense to have it in the hottest part of the year...

~James

Dates ar eleft up to the local host club to determine with board approval and as Brian stated since they are the only game in town what they want just about goes.

The only thing I will say about dates is be very carefull. to far in the fall and people with kids may not be able to make it. To early in june the same thing.

This year worked except for the Canadians who's school year gets out later in June.

Brian

Brian
Are the traditional dates being considered. Or is there a chance the Nats. could be done later in the year :unsure:
Later in the year would be nice, like the middle to end of October. :D

I hope it's not in June again. I know that the weather would be better but if this gets moved in June I'll never be able to attend another internats. and not only that it don't give the people up north much time to get anything tuned in again.

Back