Internats 2019 In Review

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

I think I speak for everyone who attended of just what a top notch event the Huntsville Model Boat Club put on this past week! By far one of the smoothest ran events I have ever attended even when battling rain and wind, something those B tunnel drivers manned up for on Monday haha

I can’t thank Doug Twaits enough for pulling me into his trailer on Tuesday night to tear down my 20 rigger and re-examine the setup for me. Without you helping with that and David Hall sliding me and piston and sleeve I never would have touched the water, much less pulled off a Heat Racing Championship with a prototype Rico .21. Huge shoutout to you guys for the help! Gotta give some Kudos to Buck for trying to find a needle on a boat that never had a chance of launching, at least you made it sound really good on the stand! Haha

Rick, Kim, Bill, David and the entire Huntsville club ran the event perfectly and made for such a memorable time even when battling boat and weather blues.

Jimmy Johnson helped me get my 20 tunnel running, sorry I couldn’t keep up my end of the bargain and make it look as good as we got it! Mitch Jr. is gonna have a sweet 20 Hull for himself now, haha.

Great meeting all of those who I have not before. The Bonahoom’s were awesome to pit beside and held their own with dads constant chastising, kudos to you guys.
Merman Maglinger and Bidney and Pat made for great entertainment throughout the week also. Finally had the pleasure of putting a face to the name Mike Z. and sharing in the pleasure of a friendship my brother and dad have held for years.

To anyone I’ve missed, hopefully we see you all sooner rather than later, and I will be looking forward to it!

B.A. It was nice to meet you. You have a passion for this and as a seasoned boater its important you keep going.

Take care and we will race again I am sure!

Grim

Back