2007 IMPBA International Regatta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thread Hi-Jacked ... unbeleivable !!

I have volunteered to help CD etc., as I can with one of the potential sites, but I guess I will ammend that to say I will help only if we follow all of the current IMPBA rules no exceptions.

Tony J

tony,

if it was to say be in canada.. is it THAT hard to get across the border.. i would love to go there to race but i know how bad it is just to send a package there.. is it that tuff to cross from us to canada.. specially with all the fuel??

let me know i would love to go to race there.

chris

Chris,

I believe as of Jan 1st 2007,a passport will be required to enter Canada. We were told this by a border patrol

last trip to London. Maybe TK or the Hallams can verify this.

Ron Jr

thanks for the info z-man, i would like to go to canada next year to race.. will keep in in mind

chris

I have volunteered to help CD etc., as I can with one of the potential sites, but I guess I will ammend that to say I will help only if we follow all of the current IMPBA rules no exceptions.

Tony J

tony,

if it was to say be in canada.. is it THAT hard to get across the border.. i would love to go there to race but i know how bad it is just to send a package there.. is it that tuff to cross from us to canada.. specially with all the fuel??

chris

Chris,

I believe as of Jan 1st 2007,a passport will be required to enter Canada. We were told this by a border patrol

Ron Jr
I'm pretty sure that's the legislation George W. wanted to get through but it looks like it might be shelved. Last I heard there was talk of a special ID card to cross the border but don't hold your breath on that either... ;)

Tony J

tony,

chris

Chris,

Ron Jr
I'm pretty sure that's the legislation George W. wanted to get through but it looks like it might be shelved. Last I heard there was talk of a special ID card to cross the border but don't hold your breath on that either... ;)
Read the info at the link in post #39!

Timeline

In the proposed implementation plan, the requirements outlined above will be rolled out in the following phases:

* On January 8, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document.

* As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.

Yup, there in B&W:

For air travel, but much talk of having it delayed:

"On January 8, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document."

For ground travel:

"As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries."

Note it says "may", and they're even hinting it might be delayed wit "As early as"...

Also note the header to the whole section, "In the proposed implementation plan"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossing the border is not a big deal. Just get a passport, your gonna need one sooner or later anyway and you are all set! I've been to London to race a couple of times and have taken fuel with me, no big deal. The last time I went across I had my Sport 40 in the back seat and the border gaurd had more interest in the boat then where we were going and how long we were going to be there. He thought the boat it was pretty cool and wanted to know where he could get something like that.

Josh-

It's easy, just look them in the eyes & don't lie! I've never had problem at the border, even when I had long hair & Keeley made me wear his hat. ;o)

i do hope that there will be a internats venue date soon and a location as well. alot of us out there have to forcast our vacation time frames and it would be nice to get a definate date set soon.

carl

Back