** 2006 Atlanta Spring Nats SOLD OUT **

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gang,

I spoke with Wendy yesterday morning and we are VERY close to publishing the final list of entrants. She is waiting to hear back from a few people concerning their entries before moving forward. The main issue is the people that just got in before the cut off. Some of those people wanted to enter 3-4 classes, but we only had room for 1 of their entries. We are contacting those individuals to see if they still want to come and run only one boat or if they want to scratch and let the next person in linke have their spot.

I know it is taking some time, but we are trying to be very fair and very thorough.

Thanks,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell Wendy that that her efforts are appreciated very much. It is a big task to sort through and organize such an entry list. And let's not forget this is just the first week of January. Just two seasons ago I sent my entry in late Feb. and still made it in. My how things change!

This race filled up fast, that's for sure!!! I kinda feel bad for any folks that don't keep up with the race entrys via the internet. I bet there's folks out there that don't even know that the entrys for 2006 races have even started.

This race filled up fast, that's for sure!!! I kinda feel bad for any folks that don't keep up with the race entrys via the internet. I bet there's folks out there that don't even know that the entrys for 2006 races have even started.
Isn't that the truth. Wonder what the impact would be if the race had another day?

I have ran many large events and there is something to be said for not filling up all your heats way to early. I think the Atlanta club should chill on advertising the event as early as they did this year. January would have been plenty of time to start rather than late November.

I have ran many large events and there is something to be said for not filling up all your heats way to early. I think the Atlanta club should chill on advertising the event as early as they did this year. January would have been plenty of time to start rather than late November.
I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. Maybe next year wait until after the holiday crush. :)

Ok DON.............Only if you promise not to ask before the holiday!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I have had some information as to who some of the enterants are. And it readis like a who's who of boating. The" Best of the Best" in all classes!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. Maybe next year wait until after the holiday crush.
Jan and Feb are my busiest months of the year @ work. I also knew well in advance that I had a new $4,000,000 customer coming on board in early January. Not to mention the fact that I am moving into a new home in 2 weeks. I will be rather busy for the next two months. It was either take care of "toy boat" business in late 2005 or not take care of it at all...

My intention was to just put the flyer out there and hype the race a little and that was going to be that. I never imagined we would get hit so hard so fast with early entries...

We will be distributing flyers for the 2007 Spring Nats @ this year's race and taking pre-paid early entries @ the driver's meeting on Saturday morning. :p

Later,

Lamar

Lamar, I believe you stated the Last paragraph as a Joke??? But most would have entered the 06 Spring race @ the 05 Spring Race conclusion... WE DID have a Hell of a Time Racing..... So it is not sooooo far fetched to advertise the 07 Spring race @ the conclusion of the 06 Spring race.... :lol: Good Luck on your move..... & We feel for the ones left out of the race entries..... You Snooze, You Loose.... What were they waiting for....... the Roostertail?

You want us to wait 'till Feb !!!! :blink: The most none waiting R/C group in the world !!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we will have to check with the bank and see if our check passes through, to find out if we are in or out ....... Good job of planing !!! As I understand you and Chuck are in charge.....

:rolleyes:

You want us to wait 'till Feb !!!! :blink: The most none waiting R/C group in the world !!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we will have to check with the bank and see if our check passes through, to find out if we are in or out ....... Good job of planing !!! As I understand you and Chuck are in charge.....

:rolleyes:
Hey Bug,

How about this... We send out Atlanta Model Boater Valentines' Day cards to those that made it in... No Valentine, no entry... :D

In all seriousness we will have something for you guys VERY soon (am I sounding like a broken record yet)?

Lamar

Lamar, I believe you stated the Last paragraph as a Joke??? But most would have entered the 06 Spring race @ the 05 Spring Race conclusion... WE DID have a Hell of a Time Racing..... So it is not sooooo far fetched to advertise the 07 Spring race @ the conclusion of the 06 Spring race.... :lol: Good Luck on your move..... & We feel for the ones left out of the race entries..... You Snooze, You Loose.... What were they waiting for....... the Roostertail?
Thanks Joe... I am looking forward to the new house. The only downside is I will be without a workshop for a few months. Oh well, maybe I can convince the wife that I need a bigger and better shop this go round.

:D

Lamar

........... I am looking forward to the new house. The only downside is I will be without a workshop for a few months. Oh well, maybe I can convince the wife that I need a bigger and better shop this go round.

Lamar
See NOW your thinkin'. Wife gets new house, you get new shop. ;)

........... I am looking forward to the new house. The only downside is I will be without a workshop for a few months. Oh well, maybe I can convince the wife that I need a bigger and better shop this go round.

Lamar
See NOW your thinkin'. Wife gets new house, you get new shop. ;)
Doesn't seem exactly fair, SHE gets a whole house, and HE only gets a shop, but I realize it's the way of the world. I also remember that one of the major criteria I've used for selecting past houses was whether I would have enough shop space or not. The rest of the house really didn't matter, as long as I had space for my toys. I think the next time around I'll build a 2000 square foot shop with a 600 foot attached house! :D

Lamar's shop will take longer than he thinks ..... She has a lot of new things to get to go inside that new house....... New house to a woman means all new stuff goes in it !!! Shopping and honeydew's for sure......

Butch :lol:

Latest posts

Back