2005 Spring Nats Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that Antron Brown is entered a GAS boat. Is he the NHRA Pro Stock Bike racer?

Joe K, There is only ONE ANTRON..........Yes that is the same.

JW are you sitting down......................................8 boat heats :( :(

Joe W said:
I hear the Boat count is @ 270 ..... Lamar is this Correct ?  270 X 4 =1080 boats getting thrown in 2 days.... Better get the party started on time.....
88041[/snapback]

Yep the count is up to 270 and growing. We are not adding any additional heats, but we are continuing to take entries until all of the current heats are full. We should be completely maxed out any day now...

Again, we apologize to anyone that we can not accomodate, but in order to get everyone out of there @ a decent hour on Sunday we have to stick to the plan.

We will start racing directly following the 7:30 AM driver's meeting both days and going through the heats as fast as we can. We will have two retrieve boats in operation and we WILL be starting the clock for the next round as soon as the retrieve boats hit the dock.

Big Chuck is right... I would be surprised any of the heats have less than 8 boats in them. Callers/Pitmen get ready, gonna be lots of dead wood to dodge... The only exception to the 8 boat heat rule is the TWIN SHOOTOUT. We are only going to run 6 twins per heat.

Later,

Lamar

Can you say PUSH the Struts to the Bottom?? & HOLD YOUR LANE. WATCH FOR THE DEAD BOAT BEHIND THE CLOCK............ :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHUCK.........TIME to FINISH the 44 SEADUCER W/K90.......... I would Not Want it to miss the 1st Dance....... the 8 boat heats WILL be WILD in Offshore!!!!!!!

DON IF YOU WANT TO TUNE DA BOAT..... SLIDELL IS RACING IN MARCH. GOOD COMPETITION & THE WATER WILL BE FLYING........ WE ARE GETTING READY FOR THAT RACE NOW.

Lamar, I kinda hate to be the bearer of bad news but you cant do an 8 boat Scale heat therefore you will have two heats of 4 boats. IMPBA rule in Scale is a max of 6 boats per heat. This would mean that you can add another 4 to have two full heats in Scale. I am on stanby hoping this gets corrected :D

Ron

Lamar_Huff said:
Joe W said:
I hear the Boat count is @ 270 ..... Lamar is this Correct ?  270 X 4 =1080 boats getting thrown in 2 days.... Better get the party started on time.....
88041[/snapback]

Yep the count is up to 270 and growing. We are not adding any additional heats, but we are continuing to take entries until all of the current heats are full. We should be completely maxed out any day now...

Again, we apologize to anyone that we can not accomodate, but in order to get everyone out of there @ a decent hour on Sunday we have to stick to the plan.

We will start racing directly following the 7:30 AM driver's meeting both days and going through the heats as fast as we can. We will have two retrieve boats in operation and we WILL be starting the clock for the next round as soon as the retrieve boats hit the dock.

Big Chuck is right... I would be surprised any of the heats have less than 8 boats in them. Callers/Pitmen get ready, gonna be lots of dead wood to dodge... The only exception to the 8 boat heat rule is the TWIN SHOOTOUT. We are only going to run 6 twins per heat.

Later,

Lamar

88076[/snapback]

Last edited:
Joe W said:
DON IF YOU WANT TO TUNE DA BOAT..... SLIDELL IS RACING IN MARCH. GOOD COMPETITION & THE WATER WILL BE FLYING........ WE ARE GETTING READY FOR THAT RACE NOW.
88081[/snapback]

Hey Joe, appreciate the offer but it'll be all I can do to get things ready for Atlanta. I haven't set foot in the shop for almost 4 weeks now & doc says wait at least another 2 before I "churn up any dust". I caught that flu bug that was going around & instead of giving myself a couple days to fully recover I went to work like usual. Well it became a major sinus infection coupled with a severe case of bronchitis, F'd myself up BIG time! Still can't breathe deep but I'm alot better than a week or so ago, man what a total drag!! Just came off antibiotics the other day & I'm still having to use an inhaler for another week. Maybe one of these days I'll start listen' to the wife & give myself time to get better on the rare occasions when I get sick rather than burnin' the candle at both ends and in the middle. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes..... Burnin @ both ends is the way I like it..... But when its starts to Smoke in the midddle......... Not good. :blink:

Ron,

DOH!!! I did not know that. Scale boats are not too popular around here so we normally don't have more than 6 boats to worry about... Good catch! I am not certain how Norman plans on handling this issue.

Splitting the scale class into 2 heats instead of one will add approx. 30 minutes to the duration of the event, so if we run late blame the scale guys... :D

Just kidding! :lol:

Later,

Lamar

RaceCraftBearings said:
Lamar, I kinda hate to be the bearer of bad news but you cant do an 8 boat Scale heat therefore you will have two heats of 4 boats. IMPBA rule in Scale is a max of 6 boats per heat. This would mean that you can add another 4 to have two full heats in Scale. I am on stanby hoping this gets corrected  :D
Ron

88041[/snapback]

Joe W said:
Lamar.....Are you saying we will Need Headlights for the TWIN SHOOTOUT on Sunday??
88305[/snapback]

No headlights needed, we will be furnishing glow sticks to all of the TWIN SHOOTOUT participants. Tape one glow stick to each sponson and let's roll!!!

Seriously though we should be in good shape. As long as we start immediately following the drivers meeting and stay on schedule barring a major hiccup we will be fine.

Later,

Lamar

If you need some more scales, put out the word. Myself and Steve Peterson would like to play to.

Lamar_Huff said:
Joe W said:
Lamar.....Are you saying we will Need Headlights for the TWIN SHOOTOUT on Sunday??
88305[/snapback]

No headlights needed, we will be furnishing glow sticks to all of the TWIN SHOOTOUT participants. Tape one glow stick to each sponson and let's roll!!!

Seriously though we should be in good shape. As long as we start immediately following the drivers meeting and stay on schedule barring a major hiccup we will be fine.

Later,

Lamar

88307[/snapback]

Lamar I as i do here in my district I will be glad to help CD if I find some free time.

Ron

Thanks Ron! I know Norman is only running one class this year so he can be totally focused on his CD duties, but we can still use all the help we can get.

Lamar

Back