2002 AMPBA NATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting political again.... : :)

The rule on the 2 minutes pit time does get varying interpretations at different events. normally the CD states at the first drivers meeting prior to racing what his intrepretation will be. My memory of this was the CD said that the boats need to be at the waters edge about to be launched by the end of the 2 minutes.

This should probably be clarified with a definte rule. Currently it varies quite a bit, and often it is that your boat should be running at the end of the 2 minutes.

I agree that replacement boats should eb allowed, this is certainly done in Europe. But the current rule is in place for a reason, and this needs to be considered as well. I dont know what that reason is tho.

The method of rule changes is quite simple. As a member, send in your proposal and reasoning to the AMPBA and it will be voted on by the members.

Ian.

Ian,

No mention of this rule or how it was to be interpreted was ever made at the drivers meeting until maybe after that incident...

If that had been the case I would have gone to the drivers stand earlier....

I am not getting bitchy about it, I am just stating the facts and hopefully we can avoid problems in the future by addressing the issues now.

EMS Racing Practice makes perfect... we need practice

Tim,

I dont think the CD idea for the start requires a rule change, just someone to make the CD and if all drivers approve, the skip to 30 seconds can be used. If someone sends me the original of the start tape I can burn some CDs.. ;D

Billy may correct me if I am wrong.

EMS Racing Running out of witty comments

Craig,

At this point I only have an Audio cassette of the start tape and not an electronic version (YET). this is something Dale and I have been talking about for a while. We want to tie the start tape into the lapscoring program so that we can reduce the number of things needed at a race meeting. I guess we could get the program written so that the start tape is 2 separate .wav files - one starting at the beginning thru to the 30 second count, and one starting with the 30 second count. that way we could press a button and skip to the second .wav file.

Andew Young, are you out there?? Idea's??

Witty comment at bottom of text ;D

Guys,

Eric A has also done a start tape, they used it in Griffith. It has less of a delay from the 3..2..1..horn than the current tape (which might be a bit more than 1 second!).

Not sure about skipping to 30 second count. Imagine this scenerio: A hydro where everybody starts at 1.20 to make the finish. Everyone starts straight away anticipating the skip to 30 seconds, but one guy cant get started, then gets in with 2 seconds to go. The other 5 boats run out of fuel before the end of the race.......

Ian.

true ian,

i like it the way it is it allows me to get on the tape good,

Craig,

email me you picture and ill host it for you so you dont get that stuped message

Dale

true ian,

i like it the way it is it allows me to get on the tape good,

Craig,

email me you picture and ill host it for you so you dont get that stuped message

Dale

With the skip to 30 seconds, if you havent got enough fuel to do 2.5 minutes and the race then just start late. If everyone is on the water and there is no objections from the drivers, you then proceed to the 30 seconds. This may only cut 15-30 seconds off each race but do that for 50 heats and you have saved 10-20 minutes. Also it may mean rescue wont be needed for a heat if you all get on with it earlier. The option to go to 30 seconds is only given once all boats are on the water and with the agreement of all drivers.

Another practice in Namba is to award 3rd place before a boat has completed the race. For instance 2 boats have finished and the 3rd boat is not in competition with any other boats and looks likely to finish, the boat is awarded 3rd and the driver brings it in. Gets rescue started quicker and allows more heats in a day.

if you want stuff saved to .wav mail it to me. I have a full PC recording studio at home.

The pic is at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/chenco/DSC00131.JPG

it seems to work ok for me.....

EMS Racing High Technologing

Craig,

I cant see the pic either.

On rules, what about an automatic first if only one boat starts the race. Single boat races happen quite a bit, simply award the win and get them off the water! Saves some really dull stuff.

Ian.

Yeah, but wouldn't it bother you if your boat died and the only other boat was awarded a winner and then died too... you are down 400 points to someone who would have got a DNF.

Or you could have a race in the rough like I had where I drove around at idle because there was no one to race. Great stuff to watch... Plus I didn't finish.......4.75 laps.....

No, I think if one boat has made it to the start when everyone else has clapped out deserves the win! ;D

Ian.

In NAMBA you must finish the laps to take the 400 points... they do award 2nd and below if it looks likely the boat will finish and there will be no change in position...

EMS Racing Cant we keep the posts down so I dont have to think about more one liners???

why would they think that,

we are working, working on our typing, us IT fellas have to have good typing

Dale

hahahaha this laptop has some issues, to open cute ftp i click on the icon and wait 10 min then it will start, damm cracks!! so you must have changed the url before i could get it up there!!! LOL

there will be a twin in that pic soon!!

Still waiting for any pic's from the Nat's for our website!

Please email 'em if you've got 'em.

Tim.

Back