2002 AMPBA NATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone out there has any pic's from the Nationals, could they email them to me please?

Tim.

Ian

Yes in was using the evo but havent you heard the saing" pull a rabbit out of the hat"

when it comes to big races you cant show your hand to early, i rebuilt the mac two weeks befor

christmas and had only half run it in, with what i was seeing i made the choice to use the MAC and it was the right one i cant waight to see how it will go when it's fully run in.

Hi TimD,

I have 40+ Pics from the Nats but am about to head West for 10 days. Can you wait until then for me to post them to you. Will have to Zip them as a powerpoint presentation for you. When is Canberra going to be - do you know yet?

cheers

GT 8)

Paul,

It ran well, that's for sure! ;D

You said you rebuilt the motor with Andy's suggestions, care to share what those tipe were? :p

It is nice to have a few motors to swap into boats so you can experiment with the different power characteristics. I have had 3 motors in the X mono in 12 months.... The A100 will be interesting in the rigger! ;D

Ian.

Hi TimD,

I have 40+ Pics from the Nats but am about to head West for 10 days. Can you wait until then for me to post them to you. Will have to Zip them as a powerpoint presentation for you. When is Canberra going to be - do you know yet?

cheers

GT 8)
GT,

Zipped is fine - use my work address though as it has a higher mail limit.

The club calendar is about to be mailed out to all members - it is also on the website for download - oop's I wasn't supposed to mention that yet! www.intlwaters.com/mbcofnsw - work in progress. Now you know why I need pic's!!

Tim.

March 15 -16 is the rescheduled meet from 2002. It has been sanctioned by the AMPBA. The one for October was to be for the 2003 titles but is not set in stone - we can move the date if we clash with anything else. Victoria isn't sanctioned yet by the way. No sanctioning = no insurance :'(

Two state titles in one year? There is no way I am going to both!

I dont think I have seen any of the Western Districts boys and girls here, but they should pull their socks up! ;D

The lack of sanctioning hasn't stopped many events being run.... :p

Ian.

Two state titles in one year? There is no way I am going to both!

I dont think I have seen any of the Western Districts boys and girls here, but they should pull their socks up! ;D

The lack of sanctioning hasn't stopped many events being run.... :p

Ian.
The March date would be the pick of the two - nothing happening in Sydney between Feb and April. Should get a decent turnout.

If it's not a sanctioned event it becomes a "club day". That seems to be the way some club's get around it. It appears that sanctioning is the tool used to try and get people to travel to events - which I don't entirely agree with. oop's - this is getting political! Sorry.

hehehehe now now tim, hold it in, you can yell all that the 2m i sit away from you!!

Ian come in march!! it will be good,

you will have door to door service over here!! ;D

hey can I play here too????

I need the practice.... ;D

Sad when I have run riggers all my life and my highest placing at the AMPBA Nats is with an A Mono....

May actually have to run a few boats regularly to get back in practice.... hehehehe

BTW Well done Magilla!!! Didnt know the results as I had a plane to catch!!!!

EMS RACING.... the shorts will getcha!!!!

Hey Craig (EatMyShorts)!!

Good to see you here! 8)

Congrats on second in A mono!

Yeah, get out there and practice a bit. You saw how my A-90 rigger went, your A100 rigger should be faster! :p

Ian.

hmmmm... Practice????

Is that what you are supposed to do between races???

LOL

hey the last time my boats got wet before the Nationals was the Winter Spectacular!!!.. and my 45 hydro had its first run at the NATS (The Stealth 45... man was it quiet... better fix that... hehehehe)

Oh and hey did that MAC 21 squeal in heat 4??? I was going richer and richer and it was goin faster and faster!!!! hehehe... first time in a long while a 21 has impressed me!!!!

EMS Racing More fun than.... ummm... more fun!!!

Guys,

Do you think we should try to hire Justin the super CD for Canberra?

EMS,

Those Mac 21's are pretty cool! You wait till you hear Eric A's Picco/Omega thingy tho, it eats Macs! ;D

I have a nice Bolly 45 nitro pipe that might fix your Stealth 45 problem. Has a nice crackle, but sneaks under the noise limit without a muffler! I would like to see a bit more of that 45 going.....

Tim

Pay for his accomodation and Justin will be there with bells on! Only way to go. We will be getting him for the next Nats in Adelaide. 8)

Ian.

I think a few changes need to be made with regards to the lack of consistency from the CD point of view...

I got nailed when my boat was started and off the stand at the end of the 2 minutes. This hasnt been the normal and I hope the AMPBA makes some clarification on this.

Another good idea (from NAMBA) is to have the starting countdown on CD and have it over 2 tracks. the first track is the 2 minutes, the second is the 30 second countdown. If all boats are on the water early the CD can ask if it is ok to go to 30 seconds. If all agree the CD skips to the 30 second countdown. This can help get a few extra heats in during the day with the time saved.

And maybe the AMPBA needs to look at the boat replacement situation. I know with Paul Stirton the rules were upheld and that is the legally correct call, but I dont think its good for racing and I would like to see some way of drivers returning to the racing if their boat is taken out through no fault of their own.

EMS Racing We love the smell of burning nitro in the morning

EMS,

you bring up a few very vald points there, you were hard done by twice i thought,

more racing is good racing!!

dale

Another good idea (from NAMBA) is to have the starting countdown on CD and have it over 2 tracks. the first track is the 2 minutes, the second is the 30 second countdown. If all boats are on the water early the CD can ask if it is ok to go to 30 seconds. If all agree the CD skips to the 30 second countdown. This can help get a few extra heats in during the day with the time saved.

EMS Racing We love the smell of burning nitro in the morning
Craig,

that is a great idea! Submit it for a rule change vote - I'll vote for it!

Back