2002 AMPBA NATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guy's

Forgot to say it was great to meet the people from here in Sydney, sorry i didn't get to meet nitrocrazed but you looked like the heat and boating was enough to concentrate on without distractions.

Can't believe Oz has gone so Rigger crazy - what ever happened to all the mono's and tunnels (cats?) ???

Where is next years Nats - SA??? are they going to be at Xmas or moved to a beter time of year - Easter? ???

See You Soon

GT 8)

Hi Dale,

Just me, the guy from the third heat with a pretty quick twin.

Bragging rights finish with the next event - the Australia Day Cup at the Regatta Centre, 26th. January 2003.

SEE YA THERE, BUDDY and make sure all those things are fixed so we can go head to head once again.

Makes for good racing, doesn't it. Better to win one of those races than just putter around for a win.

Who needs drugs when you race a twin.

'Wild Bill' Annabel.

That right Bill, the race i had with you was the best race i have for a long time, every race i was shacking like a leaf!!!

for those who dont know Bill has one of the fastest twins in the country, we had a blinder of a race at the nats, me on the inside and bill on the out side, side by side for 3 laps!!! bills boat dived and suffered some damage so we couldnt continue the in the next heat:(

Australia day will be good, ill be going back to carbs for it, the exhaust throttles are going back to get fixed so ill have some more sorting out to do,

Good too see you on here bill!!

Welcome Bill!

Bill owns what would have to be the most successful twin in Australia. There is even a picture of this boat in Airborne magazine #187 (Australian magazine about RC planes mostly) although no credit is given to the photographer.... :p

GTR,

When I bought a K&B 21 outboard in 91it was $150. The 45 was $250. The last 21 I bought was over $300 and that was at least 6 years ago.... I am not saying they are expensive now, I am just saying they are not as cheap as they used to be......

As it stands now the nats will be at Christmas.

Dale,

Concentrate on corner speed! If you get more corner speed you will be very hard to pass.... 8)

What im also thinking is that the fin may be too small a serface area and allowing slip in the turns and washing off speed, combine that with it being foward of the cg and you have to apply more rudder to get round the turns, more rudder = more drag, ill get there just going to take some time!!

Welcome aboard Bill - The original "hydro Master" ;D ;D

Bill is also "el presidente" of the AMPBA.

Dale,

Experiment with that fin I sent you. If it works like I intended then you will be really shaking! ;D 8)

I also agree that your fin may be too small, it looked smaller than that on my Hummingbird which probably weighs less than half of your twin....

Ian.

Is this the Annabell that was at Indianapolis in 1981 showing the way they do it in OZ ?Welcome Bill

I thought i would post a photo of the wining Sprint Hydros for thos that don't know what they look like

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Picture_0106.jpg

hi boys Aaron here had a great time at the weekend finely

sorted my 67 rigger out it's hauling ass agian faster than ever

so watch out at easter i'ii have the 45 and 67 hauling ass

Ha Aaron

So the engine rebuild on monday night was helpfull !! : :) : :)

next time i think i will keep my idears to myself

Ozzy

Ian

i was using my rebuilt mac with the parabolic pipe i rebuilt the mac to what Andy recomended and it will go faster when it is fully run in.

8) 8)

hi boys Aaron here had a great time at the weekend finely

sorted my 67 rigger out it's hauling ass agian faster than ever

so watch out at easter i'ii have the 45 and 67 hauling ass
O.K Aaron,

What fixed it? Enquiring minds want to know ;D ;D

Tim.

Whats happening in Easter?

Back