2 boats trashed in 4 days

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will throw my two cents in on this one. We don't know how many millamps the battery pack was. We don't know how long the radio had been on. But the he said that he had installed digital servo's in the boat. Digital servo's will pull on a battery very hard. I would say that the battery gave way under load over the course of the afternoon. Thus adding to what Grim said no voltage.

Hi Lawson I just mount my Fasst RX on the radio box lid either using velcro or good silicone double sided tape no balloon I do try to have a small piece of closed cell foam placed to help hold the RX on the Radio box lid just in case it does not put much pressure on the RX. This has worked for the 2 years I have been usin gthe FASST system best thing to happen to model boat racing since the RADIO!!!!

Jon,

I dont think so.. they boat have a larger foot print

Grim
I am the process of changing to the Futaba 2.4 System, and I would like to know if anyone has had any problems mounting the receiver in a balloon?

I have heard that in a balloon they overheat. However Futaba recommends putting them in a balloon for waterproofing.

Thanks

L. Burford

Hi Lawson I just mount my Fasst RX on the radio box lid either using velcro or good silicone double sided tape no balloon I do try to have a small piece of closed cell foam placed to help hold the RX on the Radio box lid just in case it does not put much pressure on the RX. This has worked for the 2 years I have been usin gthe FASST system best thing to happen to model boat racing since the RADIO!!!!

Thanks Bill,

Sounds like a good way to mount the receiver. I would like to use the balloon if possible. I have used them for years, and if installed properly the receiver stays dry even if water happens to get into the radio box. Hope to see you this summer.

L. Burford

Jon,

I dont think so.. they boat have a larger foot print

Grim
I am the process of changing to the Futaba 2.4 System, and I would like to know if anyone has had any problems mounting the receiver in a balloon?

I have heard that in a balloon they overheat. However Futaba recommends putting them in a balloon for waterproofing.

Thanks

L. Burford

Back