1982 U-13 Gilmore Special

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

I plan on doing the 1982 U-13 Gilmore Special Next year and had a few questions. I want to get all my Ducks in a row.

1. Where do you get the exhaust stacks and how do you know which motor it had? Also the intake scoop?

2. Where do you guys get the cockpit stuff at like the seat, driver, steering wheel etc.?

3. The small pin stripping is that gold?

Thanks for the help?

As far as setup goes can you offset the motor and drive line in 1/8th scale.

I'll answer a few of your questions

1) It ran a Merlin

2) Contact Larry Kraemer, he goes by Larry K here in the forum as he makes a lot of detail parts as well as engine kits

3) After checking my "Newton" color sheet, it shows gold trim striping on the boat

4) You can set up and locate the motor and drive line as you wish as long as you stay within the rest of the prop/strut rules and can still hide the motor

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sam,

Here is a catalog and a few pics of some of Larry Kraemer's 1/8th Scale bits and pieces. CHEERS !!! Bob

I plan on doing the 1982 U-13 Gilmore Special Next year and had a few questions. I want to get all my Ducks in a row.

1. Where do you get the exhaust stacks and how do you know which motor it had? Also the intake scoop?

2. Where do you guys get the cockpit stuff at like the seat, driver, steering wheel etc.?

3. The small pin stripping is that gold?

Thanks for the help?

As far as setup goes can you offset the motor and drive line in 1/8th scale.
What/Who's hull are you using?

Kewl !!! We'll expect to see Sam out trading paint with us in September. Or, more correctly - - Trading paint with Rick - - - Bob drives clean. Har, Har.

That Budweiser was too pretty to race, Sam. A Gilmore Special is more of a Race Boat anyhooooo. CHEERS !!! Bob

Rick its going to be a DPS HULL. Doug's boats are the only hulls I've raced. I guess you can say I'm a loyal costumer.

Bob I'm going to do my best to make it to the Spring Nats in ATL. If I can get the motor situation handled in the Sport 40 it's going to be tough.

The Gilmore is going to be awesome. Doug designed the boat to have easy ascess to everything. There extremely strong and fast. After the desing change he did on the sport 40 it's night and day. So im ready for the new design he did on the 108-109 hulls.

The Bud had a lot of race rash on it but it'll be my backup until I get the setup straightened out on it.

Does anyone have a clearer picture of the gold trim on this boat?

Sam, it was the 1978 Circus Circus. All they did was paint Orange over the pink. The gold was the same as the Circus gold. If you ever see a pic the truck huller was still painted Circus Circus. Come to find out they leased all the equipment from Bill Bennett. Also if you look real close in Bob"s photo the engine in the boat is painted pink.

Found the paint code. It is an Orange not red. (hugger Orange) it was used on All Gilmore racing and private vehicles dupli color BSP207

Hey Don,

That will make Sam's day - note the pic in his signature. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Don,

That will make Sam's day - not the pic in his signature. CHEERS !!! Bob
Bob the boat in my sig is going through a complete rehabilitation. The boat is cut up in 4 different sections right now. It's a great color too.

Back