1969 Pay N Pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The magnetic switch is available through this web site. http://www.midwestrc.com/rcproducts.htm The switch just didn't fit the Pak's radio box right.
I used the "invisiswitch" on my 40 mono and it worked great, no part if the switch is out side of the radio box. The only draw back in the magnet used to turn it on and off. You need a back up magnet in case you loose one!

Josh-
Thats pretty cool, has it been reliable for those of you that have used them, besides not having a back up magnet that is .LOL.

How do you mount it in the radio box ?? Velcro to the floor or what ?? anybody know the overall length ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The magnetic switch is available through this web site. http://www.midwestrc.com/rcproducts.htm The switch just didn't fit the Pak's radio box right.
I used the "invisiswitch" on my 40 mono and it worked great, no part if the switch is out side of the radio box. The only draw back in the magnet used to turn it on and off. You need a back up magnet in case you loose one!

Josh-
Thats pretty cool, has it been reliable for those of you that have used them, besides not having a back up magnet that is .LOL.

How do you mount it in the radio box ?? Velcro to the floor or what ?? anybody know the overall length ?
Just ordered one yesterday, I'll send dimentions when it arrives, Glenn

If you want the best switch available call Pete Waters at Kraft Midwest, 248-486-4800 and get one of the old "Noble" switches, they are triple pole, double throw so it's like having 3 switches in one.

Use the Dubro mount and put a ball point pen spring (or OS carb spring) on the rod to hold it on and you'll have the most fool-proof system out there IMHO.

A failsafe (I like Futaba) is a good idea too...

If you want the best switch available call Pete Waters at Kraft Midwest, 248-486-4800 and get one of the old "Noble" switches, they are triple pole, double throw so it's like having 3 switches in one.
Use the Dubro mount and put a ball point pen spring (or OS carb spring) on the rod to hold it on and you'll have the most fool-proof system out there IMHO.
Now this sounds like something worth a picture or two at the very least. Come on Terry, hook your brotha's up! :p

Now this sounds like something worth a picture or two at the very least. Come on Terry, hook your brotha's up! :p
Gimme a coupla days and I'll post some...

Josh-

Drew2, Just received a invisaswitch-heres the dimentions 3 inches long x 5/8 wide x 7/16 thick. Battery lead 11 inches long,charge lead 8 inches, Rx lead 11 inches and lead for flashing L.E.D. light 7 inches. The only hooks seem to be 1. Must be mounted no further than 1/2 inch from magnet that actuates the switch(such as on or just below the radio box lid. 2. Keep the switch at least 1/2 inches away from strong magnetic sources, such as electrically powered motors. Aren't servo's electrically powered motors? The radio box in my boat is huge so I don't think I'll have a problem but some hydro's have a small forward mounted radio box with a 3rd channel servo for a remote needle adjustment and might be pretty cramped-I'm guessing this is why Josh didn't use one in his 1969 Pay N Pak. The cost was 40.00 plus 7.50 for shipping and comes with double sided tape for mounting and hook and loop velcro also if you prefer easy removal,and one magnet to actuate the switch. Even threw it on a scale-weighs 3/4 ounce. I'll be using it with a fail-safe also, Hope this helps, Glenn

Terry, can you send me 5 of these Multi-redundant switches you have alluded to previously? Send me a PM with price and more details if possible.... I will pay for a bullet-proof switch. Thanks!

David

P.S. - I love the picture of your boat (in your link), but that does not impress me switch-wise. :eek: But I will still buy (5) sight-unseen based on your "report".

That phone number listed in the picture is a S.E. Michigan area code so I looked it up. Kraft Midwest is at 7 Mile road in Novi Michigan. I work at 12 Mile Road in Farmington Hills Michigan so this place is less then 10 mins away from where I work. Does Pete have an actual store? Or does he work out of his home? I'll swing down there at lunch one day and pick a few of these switches. I like the triple pole aspect.

Josh-

That phone number listed in the picture is a S.E. Michigan area code so I looked it up. Kraft Midwest is at 7 Mile road in Novi Michigan. I work at 12 Mile Road in Farmington Hills Michigan so this place is less then 10 mins away from where I work. Does Pete have an actual store? Or does he work out of his home? I'll swing down there at lunch one day and pick a few of these switches. I like the triple pole aspect.
Josh-
He works out of his home and is only open for business a few days a week, be sure to call first. He's at 7420 7 Mile Rd.:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...Mi&zipcode=

Also does fantastic radio work including tuning and freq. checking...

Back