100 mph Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O yea....

thats right....12 mono record... :ph34r:

I do know alittle about what is happening.

ROCK ON

Grim

Brian Blazer said:
Terry, that boat of yours is absolutely beautiful! Even better in person.
Brian

ps..thanks for the retrieve ball in huntsville. :)
Thanks, think I might have finally figured out why the prop has been blowing out at speed, I'll know this year anyway!

ps: good to meet you in person...

Mike, there may be some more "A" records set this coming year. When I was talking to Gary Preusse last week, he has something up his sleeve again. He didn't go into specifics but he sent a motor to Rod Geraghty for some tweaking and fitting a K&B carb on one.

How about an "A" mono record with a Wild Thing .12? It could be doable. I'm still looking at a hot motor to bolt into mine.

Preston_Hall said:
Fastest F 1/3 mile oval in the IMPBA. (100+ mph starightaway)(Kentley Porter/John Finch, 16.579 1/3 mile oval) (Not really a SG, only the tub)
And also now the fastest E hydro 1/3 oval @ 17.036 by John Finch.

Real nice looking boats.

All them gas boats are powered with M&D motors, I would like to see Matthew break 100 with his gas rigger this year.

Andy He needs someone to show him how to go over 100.

I think i need to go watch the SAW trials some time.

Tom

Hi terry,

Those front sponsons must be the evolution of these ones below.

man i remember these pictures being on intlwaters years ago allready and then you allready had the carbon technique down.

I am still afraid of that learning curve but with the cfd well i don't think i can put it off that much longer.

the cfd did give some funnies around the sponsons like Andy's boats though.

(don't mean that don't work as proven by a multiple member of the 100mph club) .

i wonder if i make a model like yours if it would clear up better.....

I also liked the german electric (jorg M.) front sponsons but i don't even dare to think about how hard production of those babies would be..... (any ideas anyone?)

on the matter of cowls did any one ever think about the slooping cowl upsetting the aerodynamics into a positive lifting shape?

I recall Andy writing his boats started blowing over at lower speeds with cowls on.

by the way Terry, in what engine sizes did you make these things anyway? how close did you get with the speeds?

View attachment 1122

If anybody can break 100 with a gasser, it will be the M&D guys - very dedicated guys who have a real good handle on the whole process.

Thanks, Don and Preston for reminding us how much kickass we have in our club. Good to see it all in one place. Some real fast stuff going on here in Virginia.

Mike,

I wouldn't count out a few guys from Michigan going over 100 MPH REAL SOON.

I got a few propellers here that will go over 100 MPH if the motor will turn them.

I know you fellas from Va. do a GREAT JOB,but there's a lot of fish in the sea.

Time will tell,about March I think. :rolleyes: Tom, I will have to find my camera,

wish I could get a digital.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Last edited by a moderator:
yea man.... Lets see those 100mph props!

Andy... Mark.... Eric.... Don..... all you guys!

Mike T is being modest, I heard it was one of his props he pulled out of the box that had the gas cat record for a short time! :rolleyes: :D :p

For the record, the fastest gas powered boat in the world at the current time is Mike Bontoft's 25cc Quickdraw powered rigger with a 94.1 mph one way pass and a 93.36 two way average. This was set in November at the last Legg Lake record trials. The next straight lines in March should see even higher speeds.

Lohring Miller

Think one of Tom's Firefighters would stand a chance?

Then again, "Any given Sunday" anything could happen!!

I still have Tom's original plans. Haven't done anything with it though. Guess it's about time I did... :rolleyes:

Tom v.d Brink said:
Hi terry,Those front sponsons must be the evolution of these ones below.

(snip)

i wonder if i make a model like yours if it would clear up better.....

(snip)

by the way Terry, in what engine sizes did you make these things anyway? how close did you get with the speeds?
Thanks for the compliments Tom, I built those hulls back in '99 and I've been working with them since, been the most challenging thing I've done in toy boats, but the most fun too :D

The main reason I built them was for better aero but also found the CF can make very strong, light hulls. They've done five full seasons now (with a couple of "hits" each) and look as good as new. It would be interesting to see what the numbers are if you just rounded the front and corners of the tub...

The hulls run in 7.5 & 11cc for our heat racing with conventional style sponsons. I've run 98+ officially with a 7.5cc in the smaller hull, but at 5 1/2 lbs it's just too heavy to go any faster. The last few years I've crammed the 11cc into the 7.5cc boat and made the molded SAW sponsons, still working on keeping the hull "hooked up" but getting closer ;)

I know you all dont want to share you speed secrets, But give some of us guys a HINT about props and what work has been done.

I work more of my gas props than i do my nitro props.

Duhhh maybe thats my problem.

I know M&D get there props from Andy, and Bob A.

I have some of Austins props, very nice by the way. ;)

Mark, Lets see some pics of them props/

Back