1/8 scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

How are you guys mounting your pipes to their support brackets. and how many of you guys run your pipe out the turbine housings compared to running them out under your rear deck lids?? are you guys just glueing support brackets to the inside hull or are you thru-bolting them? When I get this bracket thing figured out

my new bud boat may get wet way cool and thanks for the help

You can glue a wood block and use small sheet metal screw to hold the pipe bracket in the hull floor or engine well. Also you could use a wood block like 1/4x 3/8 with a 6-32 t nut pressed in.

Prather makes a nice metal T pipe mount you could use. It comes with the T, a mounting link, and a rubber lined clamp for the pipe stinger.

If you have a muffled pipe get some 1/2 wide aluminum and bend it around the muffler section and bend tabs to accept a 6-32 nut and bolt. Make a link as long as needed to fasten to the block in the hull.

What ever you do try to mount it solid enough that the pipe will not move, the heat and vibration will cause the coupler to slide.

Don,

you've done a great job updating the process of building your Smokin' Joe, the real bummer is something like this is not being turned into an article for R/C Boat Modler. They need some serious help w/their articles. Their boat articles all become about the rtr plastic boats, seems to be the rtr meca of articles the last 4 years.

Thanks! I just tried to add a couple more pics to my gallery & it won't let me. Gave me a screen full of this-

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/preview_2ab27b1f.JPG): Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\ftphosted\iwatersGallery\upload.php on line 453

I'm logged into my gallery. What gives?? :(

Don Ferrette said:
Thanks! I just tried to add a couple more pics to my gallery & it won't let me. Gave me a screen full of this-
Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/preview_2ab27b1f.JPG): Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\ftphosted\iwatersGallery\upload.php on line 453

I'm logged into my gallery. What gives??  :(

98691[/snapback]

I see that all the time. Scroll down to the bottom and you can post it there.

Russell Bear said:
Don Ferrette said:

I'm logged into my gallery. What gives??  :(

98691[/snapback]

I see that all the time. Scroll down to the bottom and you can post it there.

98704[/snapback]

Got it. Never had that happen before........ :huh:

With my Coors Dry boat I just made a 1/4 ply block the same lenght and width as the support bracket and drilled it for blind nuts and then glassed it to the bottom of the hull.With my Miss Exide I just drilled the holes and bolted it to the bottom of the hull.As for the pipe withe my exide as well as my Coors the pipes are under the decks and peek out the back of the transom I dont have to worry about losing my muffler with this set up

Back