What do you do for living?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigtmare

I been a auto mechanic for 35 years.also I have a ice cream business,Ice cream trucks that sell cones on the streets. :rolleyes: Nick B)

I'M A SERVICE MANAGER FOR A BOAT SHOP THAT MYSELF AND THREE FRIENDS STARTED FROM THE GROUND UP I'VE BEEN IN THE BOAT BUSINESS FOR 16 YEARS NOW.

I reverse engineer anything from Aircraft components to Stamping Tool sections to artifacts to movie props. We just had Uma Thurman in our office and we scanned her! We also scanned U2 for thier video

Nothing.............sit on my a$$ and do the crossword puzzle in the newspaper in the morning and watch Dr. Phil in the afternoon. Make a few turn fins when I feel like it.............

Dick

When I'm not on medical leave I spend my time as an Assistant Machine Operator for Graphic Packaging Int'l. Inc. in the Laminating department. We have 3 machines, one that puts a wax coating on paperboard and the other puts a poly lamination over that or by itself depending on the product. What you see as a result of my job is the backing boards for products like Oscar Mayer bacon and other bacon brands and the board that is used for the cartons for Bounce dryer sheets. Also at our location are 2 recycled paperboard machines and a folding carton plant that takes rolls of paperboard, prints, cuts and strips off the scrap to make cereal boxes for General Mills among others.

I am an entreprenuer in every since of the word. I own 2 start-up website businesses (http://www.theflowonline.com and http://www.sportscardonline.com).

I have been a Graphic Designer for 15 Years... Running my own Marketing Communications Agency for 8 years which includes Graphic Design, Copy Writing, Video Production, Web Design, Public Relations, Ad Campaign Development and some business development. Then it came to a slow agonizing death with the silicon valley dot.com crash. During those 15 years I have designed NAMBA's website and print ads, logos for about 5 Nats, all the logos and most marketing for CMDi and Andy Brown in recent years and a countless number of paint jobs and decal sets.

I am presently employed by Century Helicopters doing their graphic design and probably all marketing very soon. I just started this week. I would prefer a boat company but "R/C and graphic design" I can't complain... It's closer to making a living off of one's two favorite past times than most people... and I get paid for it. : ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sixteen years ago, I started an audio business named Safari Audio. We design, sell, and install home theatres, whole home music systems, intercoms, data wiring, and phone/cable wiring. I recently became a HobbyTown USA franchisee. The building should be done in about three months. I own "The Speed Shop" and am co-owner of Stealth hydros. My wife started a day spa named "Cloud 9" six years ago and has enjoyed tremendous success.

Eric Canto

Used to work for Ford as an engineer at Michigan Truck Plant, where the Expedition/Navigators are built, I got out of there last summer with a buy out. (good thing because I would have been laid off anyway in Jan) Now I'm working for a consulting firm that works with companies that build medium to heavy duty truck bodies. ie, buses, service trucks, fire trucks, ambulances etc..

Josh-

Production Team Leader for Borg Warner Automotive. I make car parts. Specifically, friction paper for automatic transmissions. We make parts for nearly everyone.

I used to have my own handyman business in New Orleans until Miss Katrina made my tools and all my customers go bye bye under water. OH YOU *****!!!!!! Please excuse my French. Now I work maintenance at a hospital in Baton Rouge.

I have a trucking company that hauls home and personal care product out of places like Graphic Packaging. B)

Spent almost 20 years spinnin' wrenches as a Master Technician until knees started giving me trouble. Went to work for Honda & became the Service Director at a multi million dollar service dept. of a large high volume dealership in northern Virginia (think D.C. suburbs). After waking up one day to finally realize there's more to life than work & stress I walked away from 85K a year plus bonuses, moved to Mechanicsville & now work as a BOT (Building Operations Technician) running a nice downtown Richmond office building. Low stress, decent paying job that's showing me the way back to enjoying life first. B)

Well I just have a simple job.I'm a welder if it's metal I can weld it.I work for a company that build items for the livestock industry.Horse pens,sheep pens hog pins,calf chutes, bucking chutes,and scales of all types.If you guy ever watch the National Finals Rodeo in Vegas the bucking chutes were built in our shop.OHH the wife is a para legal.She make more than me (bummer) but she keeps me in neat toy's.

Spent almost 20 years spinnin' wrenches as a Master Technician until knees started giving me trouble. Went to work for Honda & became the service director at a multi million dollar service dept. of a large high volume dealership. After waking up one day to finally realize there's more to life than work & stress I walked away from 85K a year plus bonuses, moved to Mechanicsville & now work as a BOT (Building Operations Technician) at a nice downtown Richmond office building. Low stress, decent paying job that's showing me the way back to enjoying life first. B)
I have been in construction for 20 years. Anywhere from project manager to a union carpenter. Now like Don I have taken the less stressful way and I am a union operating engineer (heavy equipmet operator). I ride around on over size tonka toys.

Electrical Engineer for a division of Baker Hughes (Oil service company based in Houston).

We're fat and happy these days. :p

Life Safety Technician/Systems Programmer. Doing my best to save lives and ensure building Security wherever my systems are installed.

I am a Mechanical / Nuclear Engineer. I am in charge of Primary Reactor Containment Test Programs at a baseload "Nuke Station" here in TN. I am about 3 yrs. from graduating to become another "Zorro".

I'm a Sr. Claims System Developer for a large insurance company. For the past 2 years I've developed document management, digital imaging applications & multi channel contact solutions for our claims division. Later this year I will begin work on a VOIP application if all goes well with my current project.

Tool and Die

Specializing in gauge grinding 22 years B) .

Tim K

Back