VAC 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joe what wrong is your JAE 45 or Outlaw Nitro Hydro with Picco 45R run???

I got new Modded black carb from Frank Orlic so he told me that it is very fast. I just installed onto my Picco 45R and will run test in spring ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe what wrong is your JAE 45 or Outlaw Nitro Hydro with Picco 45R run???

I got new Modded black carb from Frank Orlic so he told me that it is very fast. I just installed onto my Picco 45R and will run test in spring ;)
Neither 45`s are Completed yet.. Outlaw is very close to being completed.

Thats what they all say!!!!!! Mine are Stk too.... :blink:
Joe,

I will trade you my stock secrets for your stock secrets and a set of Rossi 80 pipes. I need to get some more stock mods for my 80's so I can woop your 101's. :rolleyes: It's going to be hard butI i can't stand you, Tom or Ralph passing me. All jokes aside all i did is pretty much what Stu posted a while back. I took my time breaking in the engine and ran 2 gallons through it before even starting to come in on the needle. It is still rich and has not even started to distort the plug. She still has more left in her. Truth is I think the Crapshooter set up along with a good engine and lots of prop tweaking is what makes the boat. I got a nice fairly stock prop from Mark and then went through about ten versions of bending and tweaking before the boat came to life. if I learned one thing from all this is that the speed comes from the details and no matter how small they all add up at the end. Heck I even spent time formulating the shaft oul to reduce drag within the drive train as much as possible.

Either way I am now working on my 60/80 Carbon Crapshooter and hope to make it run just as good. See you guys at the next race and thanks again to the Roadrunner team for being great competitors and great fun.

Albert

Only have 1 set of Rossi 80 pipes remaining....... Both are GOLD Plated.. : - )

Last edited by a moderator:
joe i wish you would sell them to us...anyone out there that can copy these pipes??? please let us know...

This was in fact my Carbon 45 Crapshooter. This boat came together well and is pretty fast indeed. Special thanks to Stu Bar for a great design and most of all for all his help with setting up these boats.
did'nt realize Stu was fabricating carbon fibre Crapshooters? Would love to see a few images
David,

Stu only builds the wood version. After I received my wood Crapshooters I asked Stu if he would let me duplicate the boat in carbon. He not only said yes but coached me along the way. As crazy as it may sound I destroyed the tubs when finished. I did not want them falling into the wrong hands and having someone put together a half A@@ boat that would tarnish the Crapshooter reputation. You can copy a Crapshooter but you can't duplicate it without Stu's help.

Albert

joe i wish you would sell them to us...anyone out there that can copy these pipes??? please let us know...
Bret,

I have a machine shop contact back from when we made the turbine engines. They would be glad to make us machined pipes but we would need to purchase at least 20 to 25 pipes. If we get enough people together I can visit him and have him make them. I will also try to locate the welder we used back then to weld our turbine parts. This guy was the best I have ever seen at welding thin metals with tiny weld beads.

Albert

if you know this engine it has a extremely small head volume and opens the rotor late after ABDC. sooooooooooo it needs a little help.
Joe,

I cut .010 off of the rotor on the closing side. Head button was an issue so I had to increase the volume till it was happy. You are getting too much info for free. You need to send me a Rossi 80 pipe for my sons X Mono. As for my twin I plan to spank you with the 80's. :D (have my work cut out for me)

Albert

Albert

I know about the .010 off the opening side of the rotor. Did you check the head volume when you got it to GO? it comes about 3.1 (tiny for a 45 engine on 60-65 percent nitro) & did you use the Stk CMB Vac45 Carb? (clunky little thing with the way it is made )

I know about the .010 off the opening side of the rotor. Did you check the head volume when you got it to GO? it comes about 3.1 (tiny for a 45 engine on 60-65 percent nitro) & did you use the Stk CMB Vac45 Carb? (clunky little thing with the way it is made )
Hand tighten the bolts on the carb and lap with a 900 grit compound. Progressively tighten the bolts, lapping with compound. Stock carb is fine. Still breaking my motor in. OMHO

if you know this engine it has a extremely small head volume and opens the rotor late after ABDC. sooooooooooo it needs a little help.
Joe,

I cut .010 off of the rotor on the closing side. Head button was an issue so I had to increase the volume till it was happy. You are getting too much info for free. You need to send me a Rossi 80 pipe for my sons X Mono. As for my twin I plan to spank you with the 80's. :D (have my work cut out for me)

Albert

Albert

Guys, is it opening or closing side????

Alittle confused......

Albert i posted a video on youtube, i`m impressed.

Anders

Joe,

Albert

Albert

Guys, is it opening or closing side????

Alittle confused......

Albert i posted a video on youtube, i`m impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoseNCrULBk&feature=youtu.be

Anders
Holy Sh%t... In lane 15. :eek:

Ray;

Alberts boats are nothing but incredible!!!! The build quiality, attention to detail have no rival.

Albert said MANY times over the weekend, he hadn't raced in 25 years,, Can you imagine what those boats will do,, when he gets a handle on himself

Wow Albert is very lucky because built extra carbon/fiber cover more heavy on tub perfect good balance and very stable. he is doing right good job. If without C/F on tub then flew up roooster over ;)

Back