45 VAC into the Future

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

This weekend showed that the CMB VAC 45 is a Xtreme Racing engine for the 45 class of racing. Stu had his CMB 45 VAC Powered Hydro on Pond Patrol in Evansville. With its Needle Brg Rod & Current Design only means there will be several boats modified to accommodate this little racing engine. Several of us seen the VAC 45 in Riverview Florida Winter Nats in Jan 2012 Running Xtremely Well...A short motor rail allows the buyer to use the current carb that comes with the engine. You will see more of these engine in the WINNERS CIRCLE in 2013...... DIE HARD Picco editor.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

More will be on patrol in Charleston, also watch out for those South Florida fellas.

It is definitely a STOUT ENGINE!!! The 1657's are running aren't they?

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

Joe,

More will be on patrol in Charleston, also watch out for those South Florida fellas.

It is definitely a STOUT ENGINE!!! The 1657's are running aren't they?

Have Fun Testing,

Mark
Mark, I have seen most alum rod motors self destruct trying to run with the steel needle rod engines of today!!!!!!!!! the rest need to rethink there conn rod design. the 45 class hydro are swinging early years 60 hydro prop today.Thats asking a lot of load to be handled by a brass bushing rod......

Tom run the CMB nitro pipe at 9inches with 8000 head clearence and hold on for dear life..80mph and up with ease

Tom run the CMB nitro pipe at 9inches with 8000 head clearence and hold on for dear life..80mph and up with ease
I don't believe CMB45 VAC( Stock) speed 80 mph ^_^ See many boats most speed 60 to 70 mph. Yes of course If you build modded engine so will get increase speed :D

It's not all in the engine it is boat set up also.I wacthed Stu Barr 40 boat at Evansville this past weekend on rad at 91 mph heat race trim.

Dave Roach

I don't believe CMB45 VAC( Stock) speed 80 mph ^_^ See many boats most speed 60 to 70 mph. Yes of course If you build modded engine so will get increase speed :D
ooooww allan..bad boy!!! trust me bone stock vac 45 with stock carb over 80mph with ease.. :p :p

ooooww allan..bad boy!!! trust me bone stock vac 45 with stock carb over 80mph with ease.. :p :p
Will you run your 45 rigger ( D hydro) against 60 riggers E hydro at Florida ? Would someone take video to show proof U-Tube in someday? :p

It's not all in the engine it is boat set up also.I wacthed Stu Barr 40 boat at Evansville this past weekend on rad at 91 mph heat race trim.

Dave Roach
At the internats here in Charleston in June, Stu's boat went through the official SAW speed traps at 86 mph with a 15 mph wind churning up the lake. More IS possible.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/CoseNCrULBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Allan this is proof on video...we radared this boat at 83mph
Albert's boat at the Winternats was going pretty fast. New Novarossi's are running in the 80's too, but that engine is not stock. Albert told me some of what he did and how much time he spent at the pond testing props and set up. New Novarossi's are running in the 80's too, as will any other .45 engine that is set up well. Stan Simpson and I both had 1997 Picco's that consistantly ran low 80's in heat trim and if we wanted to talk big numbers Stan's Picco 45 powered SG ran 97 mph in oval trim and 106 mph with a SAW prop. That was on a Stalker radar gun....same way Albert's was.

I Have seen the new Nova run 87 - 88 mph in heat trim on the Stalker

is everybody opening up the head button on the VAC .45

we measured an early one with .30 cc s
People were make confuse

which one NR45 DD or NR45 180 degree header did who run?

I'm very excited to get my SG back up to speed as when I bought it from Eric Canto with a slightly modified Mac 45 it was a missle that really cranked me up when I ran it and I could pass most boats at will . I want to run 80 with this boat again and I know it will handle just fine like it always did !

I know I will have my hands full in Charleston with all these wicked .45's out there !!

For the NonBelivers?? Just come on down to the waters edge.... and see what happens. Smoking Fast little engine that is just like a TIMEX...Takes a Beating and Comes Back TICKING for More........ The Alum/brass bushing rod motor days are over ... GO HARD GO V A C unless you want to tinker with your Rod after Every Round. I will not bash another mfgers engine. But I have seen many Alum rod 45 engines blown up this summer trying to run with the Vac45...

For the NonBelivers?? Just come on down to the waters edge.... and see what happens. Smoking Fast little engine that is just like a TIMEX...Takes a Beating and Comes Back TICKING for More........ The Alum/brass bushing rod motor days are over ... GO HARD GO V A C unless you want to tinker with your Rod after Every Round. I will not bash another mfgers engine. But I have seen many Alum rod 45 engines blown up this summer trying to run with the Vac45...
. Andy's Mac 45 had/has a steel rod in it also from 10or11 years ago. No doubt steel rod is the way to go,but most have ran them for 10 plus years now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/CoseNCrULBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Allan this is proof on video...we radared this boat at 83mph
Albert's boat at the Winternats was going pretty fast. New Novarossi's are running in the 80's too, but that engine is not stock. Albert told me some of what he did and how much time he spent at the pond testing props and set up. New Novarossi's are running in the 80's too, as will any other .45 engine that is set up well. Stan Simpson and I both had 1997 Picco's that consistantly ran low 80's in heat trim and if we wanted to talk big numbers Stan's Picco 45 powered SG ran 97 mph in oval trim and 106 mph with a SAW prop. That was on a Stalker radar gun....same way Albert's was.
Yes that was a fast 45...you and my dad went 96 on that small pond on Phillips Hwy, that was from the shore to the start line. We have the stats from those runs on the stalker disc...that boat was tough,it made me look good. Sold the boat(stoopid)still got the props :) The color of the motor was stock.

Back