45 VAC into the Future

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to pick sides in this but one thing I really like about the needle rods is that neither the crankpin or the rod seem to wear, even after many, many gallons, just the needles. :)
NO WEAK LINKS RACING B)
The only weak link that motor could have,would be Joe driving:) Sure gonna miss you at fall Nats. Enjoy your trip....
Stan we all work on the Boats doubletime cause you know the driver will make mistakes.... :huh: .......A fast boat will smooth it all out!!!!!

Lets see if the VAC 45 MELTS the BRASS Out of Competition in the Charleston SC Fall Nationals in 1 week........
so, did the CMB .45 VAC melt the brass out of all the competition this past weekend? I'm curious to hear the results of the assorted classed :)
The 45 VAC placed four in the top 6 finishers, including the winner Tom Foley (if I recall right and I believe I do). A Picco was one of the others and I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle. The VAC was also in 8th and 9th places. A strong showing. The new NovaRossi 46's were also very impressive and with more in number in the races it will be most interesting. With having those two brands, the AA's and the PIcco as additional options, the class looks very good and fast for the future.

The 40/D Hydro class was an exceptionally strong class at the race. But Stu was the class of the field. He won 2 heats and stuffed twice when WOT during 8 boat heats. The fastest one out there and that is saying a lot with the excellent competition. He has rockets not boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle... " It was the tried and proven no longer available MAC 45"

I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle... " It was the tried and prooven no longer available MAC 45"
...and I believe you got 2nd place Elias?....and it was not for lack of SPEED....or boat handling. Did I hear something about a pipe bracket screw backing out?

And not to hijack the thread. Yes, there were a lot of VAC 45's in D Hydro.

P.S. Tom Foley's VAC 45 was powering an old Eagle SG. Tom is an excellent driver. He's the kinda gut that would beat you in a race and then trade boats with you and beat you again! :)

The 45 VAC placed four in the top 6 finishers, including the winner Tom Foley (if I recall right and I believe I do). A Picco was one of the others and I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle. The VAC was also in 8th and 9th places. A strong showing. The new NovaRossi 46's were also very impressive and with more in number in the races it will be most interesting. With having those two brands, the AA's and the PIcco as additional options, the class looks very good and fast for the future
wow, sounds like a very competitve class of .45 engines.
Be nice if someone could create a new thread listing (at least top-3) results of all classes from 2012 Fall Nationals, including- boat, engine, prop (if possible)

I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle... " It was the tried and prooven no longer available MAC 45"
...and I believe you got 2nd place Elias?....and it was not for lack of SPEED....or boat handling. Did I hear something about a pipe bracket screw backing out?

And not to hijack the thread. Yes, there were a lot of VAC 45's in D Hydro.
Yes Andy, that is exactly what happen...the screws that hold the pipe bracket to the lid backed out into the radio box from the vibration...apparently forgot to loctite those in...started this seven boat heat in last possition was able to move to 1st picking them off one by one and on the last lap was when the pipe came a loose!!oh well as they say...better luck next time,lol.

Was my favorite class too...and WOW!!.... WHAT COMPETITION!!

The 45 VAC placed four in the top 6 finishers, including the winner Tom Foley (if I recall right and I believe I do). A Picco was one of the others and I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle. The VAC was also in 8th and 9th places. A strong showing. The new NovaRossi 46's were also very impressive and with more in number in the races it will be most interesting. With having those two brands, the AA's and the PIcco as additional options, the class looks very good and fast for the future
wow, sounds like a very competitve class of .45 engines.
Be nice if someone could create a new thread listing (at least top-3) results of all classes from 2012 Fall Nationals, including- boat, engine, prop (if possible)
Do not have that info available. We had about 350 boats entered in 25 classes. Honestly few will tell what prop they are running. Many consider it to be a state secret.

Lets see if the VAC 45 MELTS the BRASS Out of Competition in the Charleston SC Fall Nationals in 1 week........
so, did the CMB .45 VAC melt the brass out of all the competition this past weekend? I'm curious to hear the results of the assorted classed :)
The 45 VAC placed four in the top 6 finishers, including the winner Tom Foley (if I recall right and I believe I do). A Picco was one of the others and I do not recall what Elias was running in his Eagle. The VAC was also in 8th and 9th places. A strong showing. The new NovaRossi 46's were also very impressive and with more in number in the races it will be most interesting. With having those two brands, the AA's and the PIcco as additional options, the class looks very good and fast for the future.

The 40/D Hydro class was an exceptionally strong class at the race. But Stu was the class of the field. He won 2 heats and stuffed twice when WOT during 8 boat heats. The fastest one out there and that is saying a lot with the excellent competition. He has rockets not boats.
"...was the class of the field. He won 2 heats and stuffed twice"

That seems like a contrary statement John. Some would think the guy who won this large and competitive class would be the "class of the field", not a guy who "stuffed twice".

I say congrats to Tom Foley and everyone else who won their respective classes. They were also in 8 boat heats and , did not stuff. THEY are the "Class of the Field" at this large and very competive race.

Awesome event John! We look forward to returning next year!

"...was the class of the field. He won 2 heats and stuffed twice"

That seems like a contrary statement John. Some would think the guy who won this large and competitive class would be the "class of the field", not a guy who "stuffed twice".

I say congrats to Tom Foley and everyone else who won their respective classes. They were also in 8 boat heats and , did not stuff. THEY are the "Class of the Field" at this large and very competive race.

Awesome event John! We look forward to returning next year!
Your point is well made. I should have said the fastest. Tom won the class because he did the best, finished all heats and won 3 of the 4 heats. That is the BEST of the class. My error!

There were 2 perfect scores and one almost of 1550. That is doing exceptionally well in a very tough race.

Hello Allen,

Bret and I are running the CMB 45 with some minor things done to them. We cleaned out the ports, increased the intake rotor timing slightly and took our time breaking them in. Pipe is set at 9 to 9.25 and .008 head clearance. we are running in the low 80's plus we are both running them in Crapshooters which makes a big difference.

Albert

Tom run the CMB nitro pipe at 9inches with 8000 head clearence and hold on for dear life..80mph and up with ease
I don't believe CMB45 VAC( Stock) speed 80 mph ^_^ See many boats most speed 60 to 70 mph. Yes of course If you build modded engine so will get increase speed :D

What is considered the optimum combustion chamber volume for this engine 60 - 65 % nitro? Stu ? Andy ? Albert ?
.32 - .33 cc on 65% is where I am at. I run .008 head clearance, pipe at 9, Zoom carb but stock is fined after looking at Stu and Bret run the same as my boat.

Albert

we are heading to the lake now..testing the VAC 45"s...hopefully we can get some good videos and will post them later today

Latest posts

Back