VAC 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

The Most impressive engine I seen run at the Winter Nats was the CMB - VAC 45 That ran in the 60 class on thursday heat racing. Maybe Alberts boat? Dark center section Lime green sponsons. It was a Pond Patrol.... 85 plus mph in heat trim... WOW.....

Albert's Shooter was the fastest heat racing .45 I have seen. Crazy fast!

Jeremy. Good to meet you in Florida, The Only mono I had working was the Offshore X mono. I will do better next time. my 60 Mono was JUNK!!!!!!

It was nice to meet you as well Joe,

I had to tighten up my 60 mono and then de pitch the prop a little for the 3 round.

My X mono was on but it wasn't my weekend either.

I am sure we will race again, maybe in brandon in March or Hobart in september.

Fellas,

Albert and Elias have been working pretty hard testing different propeller

combinations that I sent them before the Winternationals. The 45 and the

80 Twin are working very well. Lots of testing sure pays big dividends when

you are ready for a race. Nice Job Albert and Elias, I sure appreciate your business.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellas,

you are ready for a race. Nice Job Albert and Elias, I sure appreciate your business.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
I hear you ..I test at the race sometimes thats not enough :D My VAC 45 is breaking in nicely and i expect good things from it .

Alberts 45 is a MISSLE !! Love that boat !

Fellas,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark, Ralphs RR Twin was the TOP QUALIFIER.. Had we been racing for points he had us Covered. Ralph, Joe, Alex, & Foley were your top 4 Twins in Points

The Most impressive engine I seen run at the Winter Nats was the CMB - VAC 45 That ran in the 60 class on thursday heat racing. Maybe Alberts boat? Dark center section Lime green sponsons. It was a Pond Patrol.... 85 plus mph in heat trim... WOW.....
Joe,

This was in fact my Carbon 45 Crapshooter. This boat came together well and is pretty fast indeed. I spent most of the time holding it back. It kind of feels like a race horse that wants to run, awesome little boat. The engine, pipe and prop combination came together well after spending some time out at the pond. Special thanks to Stu Bar for a great design and most of all for all his help with setting up these boats. Also special thanks to Mark for getting me a great set of props to try out.

Although the engine is great I also feel that the Crapshooter design deserves most of the credit. Both the 45 and the twin Crapshooters are very predictable, stable and great running and turning boats. I have never been happier with any boat design as I am with Crapshooter. Stu is to say the least the best of the best when it comes to service and friendship.

Albert

Fellas,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

Special thanks to you for a great set of props and for the great service. I know you were in a bind but still managed to come through for us.

Thanks,

Albert

Fellas,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark, Ralphs RR Twin was the TOP QUALIFIER.. Had we been racing for points he had us Covered. Ralph, Joe, Alex, & Foley were your top 4 Twins in Points
We missed the first heat all together and on the second heat the boat slipped and went in head first to the bottom. If I would have run all four heats i am sure to have been at the top 2 to 3 spots.

Albert

Fellas,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
BTW, Ralph and Joe are running hard and Tom's twin is crazy fast. There is nothing like running a twin. :0)

Albert we just want to know what the hell you did to that VAC 45?? Fastest 45 I have seen run in a Long time!!!!

Joe,

I believe the motor is in stock configuration.

That is what they tell me.

CMB Magic!

Have Fun Testing Fellas,

Mark Sholund

if you know this engine it has a extremely small head volume and opens the rotor late after ABDC. sooooooooooo it needs a little help.

This was in fact my Carbon 45 Crapshooter. This boat came together well and is pretty fast indeed. Special thanks to Stu Bar for a great design and most of all for all his help with setting up these boats.
did'nt realize Stu was fabricating carbon fibre Crapshooters? Would love to see a few images

Looking forward to running mine soon too!

Is the water soft yet??? :lol:
It's getting soft in Canandaigua, NY.....

Wanted to get on the ice to take course measurements and it's not going to happen this winter... :(

Along with CMB, and the new .45 engine options; AA and NR, it's going to be a good year for these classes. :)

Back