vac 45 is the future!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ain't what's under the kilt, but the cute way he gets in & out of it LOL!!! :lol:

Don :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys just adapted my VAC to a Eagle that I bought last sommer . There saw a major issue with the fuel tank and carb and boom tube. A small cut out on the boom and the motor dropped right in. Next the fuel tank I cut out a u- shape and laser welded a new piece in . then redrilled and moved the vent line cant wait tell sommer she should book!

Ok guys just adapted my VAC to a Eagle that I bought last sommer . There saw a major issue with the fuel tank and carb and boom tube. A small cut out on the boom and the motor dropped right in. Next the fuel tank I cut out a u- shape and laser welded a new piece in . then redrilled and moved the vent line cant wait tell sommer she should book!
Looks good!..keep us posted on how she does.

If you are going to race that boat you will have to increase fuel capacity , if it is an SG . I have the same setup and even before the VAC 45 I had to wait til 1:30 to launch. I had Walt Barney make me a tank with an inverted V hump on top now I can launch right away with no worries . I relieved the carb on mine and had no interference with the tank or boom tube .

ive seen several 40 boats running past the 85mph mark, they are impressive for the first 3 laps, then my pitman tells me watch out for the dead boat..for me,ill take an 80mph boat that finishes and comes back in one piece ;)
Listen to your pitman ..don't yell at him lol :lol:
Yeah..............right................TOM!!!! :rolleyes: :p :D (HAR HAR!)

looks nice Charles. You actually cut out an oval section on the top surface of boom (carbon fibre) tubing? Does this compromise structural strength at all (especially applied forces from outer sponson surfaces during cornering)?

Will you post details/pictures of your laser welder?

Thanks........Rick
Hi Rick here are some pics of the laserstar welder it works real well on tin and even better on stainless. The tank pics are the stainless tank I did for my JAE later Charlie

If you are going to race that boat you will have to increase fuel capacity , if it is an SG . I have the same setup and even before the VAC 45 I had to wait til 1:30 to launch. I had Walt Barney make me a tank with an inverted V hump on top now I can launch right away with no worries . I relieved the carb on mine and had no interference with the tank or boom tube .
Tom you are right No sweat to add a bubble to the top of that can. And I was thinking of adding a small tank to the back Kenpartment to balance the CG. Here is a closer shot of the micro laser welds

Tom,

What was your tank volume before you modified your tank and after? Just curious about .45 hydro racing volumes. 12+2 oz normally works for outboards. Thanks.

Back