45 VAC into the Future

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MACVACANOVA any one!!!! :eek:

Heck I'll piss off both sides. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
WATCH OUT NOW. DO NOT BE PICKING ON THE ZOOM CARB.......... :ph34r:

I have been good lately, but it will not take much to push me back to the "BAD SIDE". :) :) :)

Just kidding, you guys carry on.

Charles

Great deal that there are some choices out there . Funds willing I would have them all AA , Novarossi and CMB! right now i'm stuck with the CMB lol so I need to get my game on quickly ! :p

Greg, Maybe they( Novas) will run well for many laps But when put to the test of racing Upper 80mph to 90 range will they last? We are talking rigger RPMsssss. I`am sure you know what type and size props were are speaking of here. I have Not seen a Nova 46 leading the pak on race day in the rigger classes anywhere I have raced this year... Florida Winter Nationals, Atlanta Spring Nationals, Evansville May race, Huntsville June race, Evansville Fall race... Could be a Great engine?? But I have not seen it... Has anyone else seen it? Florida racing & Indiana racing offers some of the fastest 45 class Rigger boating anywhere. Are you talking Rigger Rpmsssss or Sport 45 class racing Rpmsssss? But What I have seen are many of the Other New Current 45 engines that have Blown Up lower end Rods, Rod bushings, Crank Pins, Crankshafts trying to come to the front and run with the VAC 45. Now this is only my Personal Observations at the race site where the boats are competing and and failures have occured..
Joe

I have many Novarossi 46 motors, This one in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIVTE-h4GvY that day boat was clocked at 92mph in race trim, with the prop i was running the motor had to be turning a minium of 31000rpm to achive those speeds,i Know how to turn rpm'sssss!!!!!! this Nova 46 has been run hard for a good year and still has the orginal rod.... ....

in the last year i have won many big events with the Nova 46 and been clocked at 88mph in a race.. (not testing) and by far fastest 40 rigger in OZ....

One of the fastest 40 mono's in OZ runs Nova 46..

Joe i've had/run VAC45 and latest Picco 45's all are good motors and can run strong, each to there own...

Regards Aaron
Aaron, It would be NICE if you STARTED YOUR OWN THREAD to PROMOTE THE NOVA ROSSI 46. This THREAD was to give others a Heads Up on the HIGH PERFORMANCE OF THE 45 VAC. .. Please refer back to Post #1....................................... Does this mean You Don`t Know JACK about the VAC??????
Joe I asked Aaron to post a Video because you were sh1t canning any Motors with a Bushed AL Rod

and saying the dont stay together.

The fact is that if they are designed properly they do stay together and i bet they will out live the needles

in the CMB rod.

If you want to start a thread that is sh1t canning a motor that sombody helped design then be prepared for them

and there friends to defend it !!

I Have seen guys pull the wrist pin bosses out of the Pistons in the VAC does that mean its there weak spot ?

We all know CMB cant make a Piston for .......

Anyway Back to the Topic
I guess the question is... Do you want a pile of broken sxit or a fast engine that Wins Races?? I already own enough broken picco sxit to choke a horse.........There Crankshaft breakage and connecting rod Gremlins came back to them in 2012........ There Billet Pistons are Great..... a Work of ART...... But the engine still fails.... the engine does require a crankshaft that stays in one piece......Good Day Mate!!

Greg, Maybe they( Novas) will run well for many laps But when put to the test of racing Upper 80mph to 90 range will they last? We are talking rigger RPMsssss. I`am sure you know what type and size props were are speaking of here. I have Not seen a Nova 46 leading the pak on race day in the rigger classes anywhere I have raced this year... Florida Winter Nationals, Atlanta Spring Nationals, Evansville May race, Huntsville June race, Evansville Fall race... Could be a Great engine?? But I have not seen it... Has anyone else seen it? Florida racing & Indiana racing offers some of the fastest 45 class Rigger boating anywhere. Are you talking Rigger Rpmsssss or Sport 45 class racing Rpmsssss? But What I have seen are many of the Other New Current 45 engines that have Blown Up lower end Rods, Rod bushings, Crank Pins, Crankshafts trying to come to the front and run with the VAC 45. Now this is only my Personal Observations at the race site where the boats are competing and and failures have occured..
Joe

I have many Novarossi 46 motors, This one in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIVTE-h4GvY that day boat was clocked at 92mph in race trim, with the prop i was running the motor had to be turning a minium of 31000rpm to achive those speeds,i Know how to turn rpm'sssss!!!!!! this Nova 46 has been run hard for a good year and still has the orginal rod.... ....

in the last year i have won many big events with the Nova 46 and been clocked at 88mph in a race.. (not testing) and by far fastest 40 rigger in OZ....

One of the fastest 40 mono's in OZ runs Nova 46..

Joe i've had/run VAC45 and latest Picco 45's all are good motors and can run strong, each to there own...

Regards Aaron
Aaron, It would be NICE if you STARTED YOUR OWN THREAD to PROMOTE THE NOVA ROSSI 46. This THREAD was to give others a Heads Up on the HIGH PERFORMANCE OF THE 45 VAC. .. Please refer back to Post #1....................................... Does this mean You Don`t Know JACK about the VAC??????
Joe I asked Aaron to post a Video because you were sh1t canning any Motors with a Bushed AL Rod

and saying the dont stay together.

The fact is that if they are designed properly they do stay together and i bet they will out live the needles

in the CMB rod.

If you want to start a thread that is sh1t canning a motor that sombody helped design then be prepared for them

and there friends to defend it !!

I Have seen guys pull the wrist pin bosses out of the Pistons in the VAC does that mean its there weak spot ?

We all know CMB cant make a Piston for .......

Anyway Back to the Topic
I guess the question is... Do you want a pile of broken sxit or a fast engine that Wins Races?? I already own enough broken picco sxit to choke a horse.........There Crankshaft breakage and connecting rod Gremlins came back to them in 2012........ There Billet Pistons are Great..... a Work of ART...... But the engine still fails.... the engine does require a crankshaft that stays in one piece......Good Day Mate!!
having said all that remember any engine has potential to fail and the nature of them is race engine, did you get a factory warranty with your engines. you have to think like this all engines are mechanical assholes.

Well to get back to the original 45 VAC post, The low friction of the needle brg rod does allow the boater to run lower oil content and replace the same with methanol or Nitro, There is More Power in Methanol/Nitro than in Oil...........My first impression of the vac 45 running in a boat was Winter Nats 2012 And Many of us stood on the bank and said... What the Hell is that!!!!!!!!!! It was later found to be Alberts 45 Hydro mixing it up with Several 60 Hydros on the Pond....... Brett has posted video of some of the action in a earlier post #14 of this topic. You can almost smell the Nitro

Well to get back to the original 45 VAC post, The low friction of the needle brg rod does allow the boater to run lower oil content and replace the same with methanol or Nitro, There is More Power in Methanol/Nitro than in Oil...........My first impression of the vac 45 running in a boat was Winter Nats 2012 And Many of us stood on the bank and said... What the Hell is that!!!!!!!!!! It was later found to be Alberts 45 Hydro mixing it up with Several 60 Hydros on the Pond....... Brett has posted video of some of the action in a earlier post #14 of this topic. You can almost smell the Nitro
Yes those Needle rods can certainly help the power go up. 2012 Orlnado Winternats, .45 Hydro, 1st place ~ MAC 45! ...and what was it Marty Davis said the first time it came down the front straight? Oh yes I remember. He said, "Man that thing is turning some RPM" :)

Pictured below, the 2012 Orlando Winternats winner in B Hydro and X Hydro is Elias Vazquez with his MAC 45 SGX and his 15 year old K-90 powered SG.

IMG-20120129-00538.jpg

Yes those Needle rods can certainly help the power go up. 2012 Orlnado Winternats, .45 Hydro, 1st place ~ MAC 45! ...and what was it Marty Davis said the first time it came down the front straight? Oh yes I remember. He said, "Man that thing is turning some RPM" :)

Pictured below, the 2012 Orlando Winternats winner in B Hydro and X Hydro is Elias Vazquez with his MAC 45 SGX and his 15 year old K-90 powered SG.
I heard that K-90 finally split the rod and grenaded?

That K-90 is still going. That particular K-90 had a custom longer length RPM rod that I put in there 15 years ago...and yes it FINALLY let loose in Brandon. Didn't hurt anything in the engine. I put a stock steel needle rod back in it and it is running as good as ever.

That K-90 is still going. That particular K-90 had a custom longer length RPM rod that I put in there 15 years ago...and yes it FINALLY let loose in Brandon. Didn't hurt anything in the engine. I put a stock steel needle rod back in it and it is running as good as ever.
Good to here that was a fine running boat.

Hello Guys,

It's been a while since I have been on here but I just ran into this thread and loved all the good comments about the VAC 45 and my boat. Many ask what is the secret to this boat and setup so here it goes. When I got the engine from Stu he told me to open the head volume up to about .33 cc's. I went ahead and opened up the head button, cleaned up the engine inside and rounded out the ports. I am running the CMB nitro pipe along with one of the small cone mufflers on the end of the pipe, 65% nitro with the pipe set at 9.25 and a mod 1657 by Mark Shouland. I took my time to break in the engine and did not start to lean it out till after two gallons of fuel. I ran the first gallon at 55% and then started with the 65% on the second gallon. After that I can tell you that I have spent lots of time messing with the prop and set up of the boat. I am also running the Zoom carb which runs the same as the stock carb less a few parts to come loose.

Most people think that speed comes from engine mod's alone. Truth is that most stock engines will run fast enough out of the box if you figure out the correct prop, pipe and boat set up. My VAC 45 has lots of speed left in it but I simply have not had enough time considering I have been doing the same for my twin and 67. In addition I am running what I consider to be one of the best boat designs out there. All my Crapshooters run awesome since the first time in the water. I set the boats up as Stu recommends and left them there. These boats are the simplest riggers to set up and most important is that they stay that way unless you totally smash them up.

In summary my 45 Crapshooter is running a solid 83-84 on the Stocker in heat trim. My 67 is also running 84 in heat trim and the twin is in the 86-87 MPH range. These tests were done this week in very hot and humid conditions. I am sure we will see a few MPH more out of all these boats in Charleston considering the weather will most likely be in the low 70,s and dry.

Best of luck to all of you and as usual I look forward to seeing you all at the next race.

Special thanks again to Stu Bar, Mark Shouland, Bret, Walt Barney and Elias.

Albert

Lets see if the VAC 45 MELTS the BRASS Out of Competition in the Charleston SC Fall Nationals in 1 week........ Stu had mentioned it had been his Best Seller in 2012 So expect them to line up in many 45 Class Boats....... Stay Tuned for Results......

Not to pick sides in this but one thing I really like about the needle rods is that neither the crankpin or the rod seem to wear, even after many, many gallons, just the needles. :)

Not to pick sides in this but one thing I really like about the needle rods is that neither the crankpin or the rod seem to wear, even after many, many gallons, just the needles. :)
NO WEAK LINKS RACING B)

JOE THIS WAS ONE RACE U NEEDED TO BE AT...U STILL HAVE TIME TO CANCEL YOUR CRUISE.. :D :D :D THERES STILL SOME GOOD SPOTS OPEN

Back