VAC 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know about the .010 off the opening side of the rotor. Did you check the head volume when you got it to GO? it comes about 3.1 (tiny for a 45 engine on 60-65 percent nitro) & did you use the Stk CMB Vac45 Carb? (clunky little thing with the way it is made )
Joe,

Have not checked head volume after I got it running. I am using a Zoom Carb on both the 45 and the twin. As for the head volume I kept increasing it till the detonation went away. Head clearance is .008.

Too much free info, where is my pipe? :D

Albert

if you know this engine it has a extremely small head volume and opens the rotor late after ABDC. sooooooooooo it needs a little help.
Joe,

I cut .010 off of the rotor on the closing side. Head button was an issue so I had to increase the volume till it was happy. You are getting too much info for free. You need to send me a Rossi 80 pipe for my sons X Mono. As for my twin I plan to spank you with the 80's. :D (have my work cut out for me)

Albert

Albert

I know about the .010 off the opening side of the rotor. Did you check the head volume when you got it to GO? it comes about 3.1 (tiny for a 45 engine on 60-65 percent nitro) & did you use the Stk CMB Vac45 Carb? (clunky little thing with the way it is made )

Guys, is it opening or closing side????

Alittle confused......

Albert i posted a video on youtube, i`m impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoseNCrULBk&feature=youtu.be

Anders
Holy Sh%t... In lane 15. :eek:
Ray,

Believe it or not I was never on the throttle except when in the turns. I had a bad start and settled for second from the start of the race. This was my first heat driving a rigger in 25 years so I did not want to mess it up. I need to practice staying in lane 1-3 instead of ten.

Albert

Joe,

Have not checked head volume after I got it running. I am using a Zoom Carb on both the 45 and the twin. As for the head volume I kept increasing it till the detonation went away. Head clearance is .008.

Albert
Hey Albert!

I want some free info too! What cowl locks are you using on your twin?

Joe,

Albert
Brought the lathe to the lake LOL !! I am doing the same with mine whittling as I go but my engine is still VERY tight .

if you know this engine it has a extremely small head volume and opens the rotor late after ABDC. sooooooooooo it needs a little help.
Joe,

I cut .010 off of the rotor on the closing side. Head button was an issue so I had to increase the volume till it was happy. You are getting too much info for free. You need to send me a Rossi 80 pipe for my sons X Mono. As for my twin I plan to spank you with the 80's. :D (have my work cut out for me)

Albert

Albert

Guys, is it opening or closing side????

Alittle confused......

Albert i posted a video on youtube, i`m impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoseNCrULBk&feature=youtu.be

Anders
Holy Sh%t... In lane 15. :eek:
Ray,

Believe it or not I was never on the throttle except when in the turns. I had a bad start and settled for second from the start of the race. This was my first heat driving a rigger in 25 years so I did not want to mess it up. I need to practice staying in lane 1-3 instead of ten.

Albert
Why ..works great !! Awesome boat . My pit area was a favorite for photographers and videographers ! Very nice to have Anders with us for the entire race !

Thank`s Tom.

It`s always fun to meet new people at the racees, You, Bob, Andy and Jeremy were a nice gang in the corner there!!

Hope to meet you and the guys in a race in the future. :D

More videos will be uploaded soon i`m on my way to Chech republic tomorrow.

Anders

Last edited by a moderator:
Anders it was a pleasure to meet you, Great videos-keep em coming. B)

BTW- Im pretty sure you also have a great "still shot" of Foley's special head button removal tool :rolleyes:

Andy

That boat is running LOOSE.. Fast as heck but still could give up 5 MPH and be faster than everyone else out there. I would save that set up for running time trials at the Nats or something and get it back on the water... Never less VERY spectacular to watch. :)

Great running boat , engine and pipe are right on the money.

Very crisp sound , on and off the throttle B) .

Tim K

Alright guys hoe's the best person to send my vac to i already have a zoom carb and i am going to run 55% in a JAE thanks Charlie in Alaska

Last edited by a moderator:
Back