IMPBA 2006 International Regatta info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy they did have a rule book. TH eone hour difference would not have made a 3 second difference since there wasn't that much change in the weather. Plus what King's can you be talking about there are no Mono Kings in District Five. No one had held a mono record in Dirict Five for a long time. If you run the timing equipment for a 2 whole days in 100 degree weather and see how well you do with out making a mistake sometimes you for get to reset the switches from the previous run or you can also get a false trigger on th esensors or just mis-read the numbers. Ther ewas no favoritism or any other BS going on then just an honest mistake and an effort to fix it. Come to a records trial and set a recorsd in good weather you should be able to get down to .20 something in cooler weather.

dupuis_racing said:
Cleatus Cooper said:
( Was Cleatus was running laps with the retrieve boat during your rerun?)
Hear Ye Hear Ye  I plead not guilty of hot lapping the retreive boat. LOL

Like some others tho I'm shocked at what I read. To question the honesty of the officials was unbelievable.

113385[/snapback]

There is no question of the honesty of the officials. My question is why was my time of 21.462 signed of on and then posted on the results page at the drivers stand? The officials at an International competition should have had the list of current records and a rule book. Then my boat would have been inpounded and I would not have left the pit area. I just find it to be funny that they had trouble reading the clock at that time of the day on my run!

Randy

113388[/snapback]

no message...

bzubee said:
Randy they did have a rule book. TH eone hour difference would not have made a 3 second difference since there wasn't that much change in the weather. Plus what King's can you be talking about there are no Mono Kings in District Five. No one had held a mono record in Dirict Five for a long time. If you run the timing equipment for a 2 whole days in 100 degree weather and see how well you do with out making a mistake sometimes you for get to reset the switches from the previous run or you can also get a false trigger on th esensors or just mis-read the numbers. Ther ewas no favoritism or any other BS going on then just an honest mistake and an effort to fix it. Come to a records trial and set a recorsd in good weather you should be able to get down to .20 something in cooler weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timing equipment and the operators are 100 % flawless proof of that is just look at the this years results for the US Nationals at Indy for the Pro Stock Bikes. Timing equipment said one winner while stop action photography showed another winner this fom a multi million dollar PROFESSIONAL organization using some of th elatest high dollar equipment and they still can not get the results correct 100 % of the time. It took them 3 days to figure who actually won.

I posted this many posts ago to try and avert a debate on this thread that was meant to annouce the dates of the 2006 Internats. Please see the thread that Ernie has started to discuss the timing equipment.

RaceCraftBearings said:
RaceCraftBearings said:
Lets not start bickering on this thread, create another rather than destroy this informational post.
Scheduling an event such as the NAMBA or IMPBA Nationals is not always going to happen on the dates that make it possible to race both. First you have to accomodate the host group and if they can only do it a certain week then so be it.

IMPBA Internats June 17th through 24th 2006 Evansville, IN

NAMBA Nationals July 8th through 15th 2006 Ft Lauderdale, FL

Two weeks apart and Hope to see as many as possible at both!

Ron

Keep the props turning and the bottom side down!

113150[/snapback]

113158[/snapback]

The 06 NATS is starting to come together soon we will have the website up with entry forms. If you would like to sponsor a class or donate prizes contact [email protected]. Again I ask for comments or suggestions thanks Mikey

SayMikey said:
The 06 NATS is starting to come together soon we will have the website up with entry forms.  If you would like to sponsor a class or donate prizes contact [email protected].  Again I ask for comments or suggestions thanks  Mikey
113742[/snapback]

Mike ,

The Evansville club has put on THE BEST races I have been to.

To improve on what you guys do would be tough to say the least.

The only thing that I could see improvement on would be launch area,

if you could have a launch platform just above water level, that would

be awesome. I realize your lake depth changes, and this would be difficult,

and by no means am I saying what you have now is not good. Just a thought.

mark voorhies said:
SayMikey said:
The 06 NATS is starting to come together soon we will have the website up with entry forms.   If you would like to sponsor a class or donate prizes contact [email protected].  Again I ask for comments or suggestions thanks   Mikey
113742[/snapback]

Mike ,

113771[/snapback]

I agree with Mark on the launch platform. I came close to sliding down with a 40 hydro in my lap at the last Internats there.

Mark Bullard

Mark Bullard said:
mark voorhies said:
SayMikey said:
The 06 NATS is starting to come together soon we will have the website up with entry forms.   If you would like to sponsor a class or donate prizes contact [email protected].  Again I ask for comments or suggestions thanks   Mikey
113742[/snapback]

Mike ,

113771[/snapback]

I agree with Mark on the launch platform. I came close to sliding down with a 40 hydro in my lap at the last Internats there.

Mark Bullard

113775[/snapback]

Thanks guys we are already working on it,a wood deck and a fence on the end to catch the wild ones. Just to let everyone know we will only have trailer parking across the street starting at our next race but its just a short distance as you know........Mike

SayMikey said:
Mark Bullard said:
mark voorhies said:
SayMikey said:
113742[/snapback]

Mike ,

113771[/snapback]

Mark Bullard

113775[/snapback]

Thanks guys we are already working on it,a wood deck and a fence on the end to catch the wild ones. Just to let everyone know we will only have trailer parking across the street starting at our next race but its just a short distance as you know........Mike

113777[/snapback]

Thanks Mike for thinking about us on your launch area. Also when will the big boats run and how will we be able to get tickets and pit passes? And is the Red Roof Inn still there.

Mark Bullard

Mark Bullard said:
SayMikey said:
Mark Bullard said:
mark voorhies said:
SayMikey said:
113742[/snapback]

Mike ,

113771[/snapback]

Mark Bullard

113775[/snapback]

113777[/snapback]

Thanks Mike for thinking about us on your launch area. Also when will the big boats run and how will we be able to get tickets and pit passes? And is the Red Roof Inn still there.

Mark Bullard

113782[/snapback]

we are working on pit passes,big boats race sat afternoon and sunday with some good weather sat after noon you should find yourself in the pits Mark......Mikey sp hotel rooms coming soon

Last edited by a moderator:
SayMikey said:
The 06 NATS is starting to come together soon we will have the website up with entry forms.  If you would like to sponsor a class or donate prizes contact [email protected].  Again I ask for comments or suggestions thanks  Mikey
113742[/snapback]

Hey Mikey,

Is there a chance you could ckeck anywhere to see if we might rent a tent for the week like in jackson, Just a thought

Tom, The better looking twin, and im tickeled to be coming to evansville next year :D

TOM MOORE said:
SayMikey said:
113742[/snapback]

Hey Mikey,

Is there a chance you could ckeck anywhere to see if we might rent a tent for the week like in jackson, Just a thought

Tom, The better looking twin, and im tickeled to be coming to evansville next year :D

113910[/snapback]

Yo Tom i think we rented big tents for like $250. a week i will hook you guys up,and im sorry you are the EVIL TWIN im the LOOKER lol cya soon you coming with the gang for the Kohlmeyer classic sept 24-25? Mikey

How far from Chicago?

Chicago is a Qantas destination so flying there makes sense for Aussies.... Yes we can get connecting flights to anywhere but the problem is on the return trip when checking boats into domestic... get hit with excess baggage even if we have exemptions on the international leg.

Grub I reckon going over with you would be perfect!!!! You would be taking all the heat for me!!!! (I will bring the bail money)

EatMyShortsRacing said:
How far from Chicago?
Chicago is a Qantas destination so flying there makes sense for Aussies....  Yes we can get connecting flights to anywhere but the problem is on the return trip when checking boats into domestic... get hit with excess baggage even if we have exemptions on the international leg.

Grub I reckon going over with you would be perfect!!!!  You would be taking all the heat for me!!!!  (I will bring the bail money)

114108[/snapback]

Excess baggage is a problem but I don't have much as I'm only 75kgs, how about you Craig? :p

Takin the heat???? Dunno bout that, we have good reputations over there :lol:

Grub

Grub said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
How far from Chicago?
Chicago is a Qantas destination so flying there makes sense for Aussies....  Yes we can get connecting flights to anywhere but the problem is on the return trip when checking boats into domestic... get hit with excess baggage even if we have exemptions on the international leg.

Grub I reckon going over with you would be perfect!!!!  You would be taking all the heat for me!!!!  (I will bring the bail money)

114108[/snapback]

Excess baggage is a problem but I don't have much as I'm only 75kgs, how about you Craig? :p

Grub

114110[/snapback]

Guys i think we are about 350 miles from Chicago hope to see the Aussies you bring so much flavor and mischief to the nats.......Mikey Ps a fun kind of mischief

SayMikey said:
Grub said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
How far from Chicago?

114108[/snapback]

Grub

114110[/snapback]

Guys i think we are about 350 miles from Chicago hope to see the Aussies you bring so much flavor and mischief to the nats.......Mikey Ps a fun kind of mischief

114141[/snapback]

Will we be able to park motor homes accross the street like we did at the last Internats?

Bob Finn said:
SayMikey said:
Grub said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
How far from Chicago?

114108[/snapback]

Grub

114110[/snapback]

114141[/snapback]

Will we be able to park motor homes accross the street like we did at the last Internats?

114342[/snapback]

yes sir Bob motor homes and all trailers will be across the street right by the pits Mike

SayMikey said:
Bob Finn said:
SayMikey said:
Grub said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
How far from Chicago?

114108[/snapback]

Grub

114110[/snapback]

114141[/snapback]

114342[/snapback]

yes sir Bob motor homes and all trailers will be across the street right by the pits Mike

114365[/snapback]

Enjoyed the last time there. Borden and I will be coming for sure. Thanks

brooks93 said:
are you guys going to let electrics run in the open class's?
114908[/snapback]

as of right now we will not offer any open classes ,this year was the first time it was done.We plan to stick to b sport tunnel,sport 20, twin shootout and jr class. Any requests for other classes may be sent to [email protected],i add it would take a lot of commited boaters to add other classes....Mike Schindler

Back