IMPBA 2006 International Regatta info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im planning on making the trip over from AUS again please let us know on hotels ect
We will put up the web site in a few weeks if you need hotel info before then go to impba website and look at our flyer for one of our races or email me i may be slow for awhile i just had surgury and it will take time to get moving again.....thanks Mike

I guess there won't be too many people at the 2006 Internats from Canada. If you are a school teacher or have kids in school, you can't get away until after June 30. I'm not in either catagory but I've heard a lot of grumbling about the date. As Ron Olson said earlier, what happened to the rule book that we're suppossed to be following???

As Ron Olson said earlier, what happened to the rule book that we're suppossed to be following???
You mean there are people in the IMPBA who actually do that??? :lol: :lol: I thought most considered them just guidelines anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I just couldn't resist. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike the rulebook does mention it and also allows for variations with approval by the board and when this is the only variation a prospective host club is asking for "and by the way the only club submitting a bid for the 2006 Itnternats" it is usally approved if you remember the 2000 and 2001 Internats were held on non-surveyed sites which is also against the rulebook. By the way Ron Olson is not even an IMPBA member the last time I looked at the membership list.

Actually trying to schedule the Internats to coincide with the big unlimited race is sorta cool. The real hook would be to get with whoever now handles the PR for the unlimiteds & put together a nicely discounted ticket package with pit passes for those who wish to attend. Also see if the big boys would put up some type of display area for the scale boats. A win/win for both parties I would think. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually trying to schedule the Internats to coincide with the big unlimited race is sorta cool. The real hook would be to get with whoever now handles the PR for the unlimiteds & put together a nicely discounted ticket package with pit passes for those who wish to attend. Also see if the big boys would put up some type of display area for the scale boats. A win/win for both parties I would think. B)
exactly Don

exactly Don
So are we to assume you are in the proccess of negotiating with the big boys? B)

exactly Don
So are we to assume you are in the proccess of negotiating with the big boys? B)
Our race is part of the freedom festival who puts the big show on.Our announcer is Joe Roud he is the announcer for the big race. We will come upwith pit passes and if possible have a couple unlimited drivers there maybe even a race for them to drive is your boat available? Back in 90 i think we had a race Chip and a couple other divers were there Fran Munsey handed out trophys,i have pictures of Chip holding my son he was 5 so cool then Chip and Jerry Hopp raced a couple of sport40 boats . Our club has long been a supporter of unlimiteds at one time Mike McCormick Son of Jim McCormick<Madison the movie Jake LLoyd was a club member......Mike

Yes I remember that race at the old site I got 3 trophies presented by Chip that race but never did get copies of the pictures darn. It was still very nice.

Hi Mike,

I sure would like to see open cat and open mono on the entry form. I thought those classes were contested well. I don't remember the exact count but I thought there where over 10 boats entered in each class. Plus how cool is it to have nitro, gas and FE boats represented in the same class? This type of racing only happens in IMPBA, IMHO these couple of classes that bring all power options in model boating together goes a long way to promoting the hobby. Dropping them just seems wrong. I know of at least 5 guys that where planning on attending the Internats next year, several others on the fence.

Come on guys, lets show some support and grow the Internats. It's only 2 classes but they mean allot to those who run them.

Paul.

What are the special events for next year.
We have a meeting on monday to discuss these classes at this point its a novice or kids class 21 size engine....of course b-sport tunnel....sport 20 and a twin hydro shootout. I know the eletric guys want to have some open classes but we have some concerns...first we will give out 5 count em 5 places why 3 when there are as many boats in these classes as any us-1 class. Besides it sucks to get fourth out of a twenty five boat field. another consideration is time,the last two years at Jackson weather was as good as anyone could ask for if it rained we might not get done....another is the fact we built this race around the freedom festival i know many may not care about unlimiteds or any thing but R/C racing but we have been supported by the freedom festival from the start of our racing,when a sponsor gives you money you must give them something in return.This is our way of thanking them for the thousands of dollars they have spent on us providing everything we have needed to put on good races. Last June I spent $850.00 for trophys thats all you get for racing and its important to have a nice trophy to remind you of the great time you had. In closing I asked for input for this race and am still open but time is running out if you want open classes email me no one has ,and tell me what you want this your race we are just the host but i need lotsa commited boaters to add classes Mike Schindler president and c/d RIVER CITY RACING CLUB [email protected]

What are the special events for next year.
We have a meeting on monday to discuss these classes at this point its a novice or kids class 21 size engine....of course b-sport tunnel....sport 20 and a twin hydro shootout. I know the eletric guys want to have some open classes but we have some concerns...first we will give out 5 count em 5 places why 3 when there are as many boats in these classes as any us-1 class. Besides it sucks to get fourth out of a twenty five boat field. another consideration is time,the last two years at Jackson weather was as good as anyone could ask for if it rained we might not get done....another is the fact we built this race around the freedom festival i know many may not care about unlimiteds or any thing but R/C racing but we have been supported by the freedom festival from the start of our racing,when a sponsor gives you money you must give them something in return.This is our way of thanking them for the thousands of dollars they have spent on us providing everything we have needed to put on good races. Last June I spent $850.00 for trophys thats all you get for racing and its important to have a nice trophy to remind you of the great time you had. In closing I asked for input for this race and am still open but time is running out if you want open classes email me no one has ,and tell me what you want this your race we are just the host but i need lotsa commited boaters to add classes Mike Schindler president and c/d RIVER CITY RACING CLUB [email protected]
PS i forgot to add "THE AQUACRAFT TEAM CHALLENGE" im working the details out with Russ Williamson and hope to get a heat of unlimited drivers racing each other......Mike

Hi Mike,

Fine Design Marine has offered to step up to the plate and sponsor the Open classes. Be on the lookout for an email coming your way shortly. How's that for support? :D

Paul.

Hi Mike,

Fine Design Marine has offered to step up to the plate and sponsor the Open classes. Be on the lookout for an email coming your way shortly. How's that for support? :D

Paul.
Good job Paul now we are making some progress,at this point all i have is your email. What i need is ten boats in each class to make it a go........Mike

Hi Mike,

Paul.
Good job Paul now we are making some progress,at this point all i have is your email. What i need is ten boats in each class to make it a go........Mike

Im working on tent rental,if you want to rent a tent email me and soon as i get the pricing i will pass it along. Im told they have several sizes from very small 10x10 to large or giagantic

Latest posts

Back