IMPBA 2006 International Regatta info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,

Fine Design Marine has offered to step up to the plate and sponsor the Open classes. Be on the lookout for an email coming your way shortly. How's that for support? :D

Paul.
Good job Paul now we are making some progress,at this point all i have is your email. What i need is ten boats in each class to make it a go........Mike

Im working on tent rental,if you want to rent a tent email me and soon as i get the pricing i will pass it along. Im told they have several sizes from very small 10x10 to large or giagantic
Geeeez, offer the **** classes already. The race is over 8 months away & you'll have NO problem getting 10 entries for each open race especially with all the chatter on I/W. Paul went out & got them sponsored, saving you the work, so you're out absolutely nothing! ;)

We are going to add three classes Open Mono, Open Cat and Open Sport Hydro. Open Sport Hydro will be as follows f/e scale boats,gas sport Hydros and 1/8 scale nitro boats. The web site will be up by and we will start taking entries on Dec 1. A entry form will be on the site and i will provide the link as soon as we get it going.......Mike

We are going to add three classes Open Mono, Open Cat and Open Sport Hydro. Open Sport Hydro will be as follows f/e scale boats,gas sport Hydros and 1/8 scale nitro boats. The web site will be up by and we will start taking entries on Dec 1. A entry form will be on the site and i will provide the link as soon as we get it going.......Mike
Mikey, I think you just made a bunch of FE guys very happy. :D

Mike. Consider that you have called that class OPEN! Then OPEN it should be. If I show up with a CMB in Seaducer Sport hydro I will want to run it in OPEN SPORT HYDRO............. ;) ;) ;)

Mike. Consider that you have called that class OPEN! Then OPEN it should be. If I show up with a CMB in Seaducer Sport hydro I will want to run it in OPEN SPORT HYDRO............. ;) ;) ;)
OBOY I can see it now, this could be better that the twin racing.

So who is going to race their sport 40 and win the thing?

Sport 20 hydros better stay out of this one :lol:

Hey Mike,

Thank you (and the club) for adding the 3 open classes! :D As for the open sport hydro, I agree that it should be open to any sport hydro, not just a mix of 1/8th scale and sport.

Phil,

OBOY I can see it now, this could be better that the twin racing.So who is going to race their sport 40 and win the thing?
LOL, what makes you think a sport 40 will win? ;) You know what our 1/8th scales run, can you imagine that same setup in a well designed sport 40? :ph34r:

Paul.

Hey Mike,

Thank you (and the club) for adding the 3 open classes! :D As for the open sport hydro, I agree that it should be open to any sport hydro, not just a mix of 1/8th scale and sport.

Phil,

OBOY I can see it now, this could be better that the twin racing.So who is going to race their sport 40 and win the thing?
LOL, what makes you think a sport 40 will win? ;) You know what our 1/8th scales run, can you imagine that same setup in a well designed sport 40? :ph34r:

Paul.
Maybe we can get Ken to bring the drag boat(supersport45 with a gasser) talk about straightaway speed.......Mike

Challenge accepted, I am not sure it will stay on the water, but if it does, those Fe boys better BRING IT!! hehe, which I am sure they will. Ken

Hey, If the electric boys can run two Electric motors, Can Dean Run his tiwn QD cat? comon, Its only fair, haha, Ken

Hi Ken,

Hey, If the electric boys can run two Electric motors, Can Dean Run his tiwn QD cat? comon, Its only fair, haha,
It is called open cat, I see no reason he couldn't run it. I'm not running the big twin cat anymore, way to much headache. :wacko: Plus who needs twins, they just came out with some new 11,000 watt motors. You want to talk about horsepower these are the BOMB in electrics.

Paul.

Hi Ken,

Hey, If the electric boys can run two Electric motors, Can Dean Run his tiwn QD cat? comon, Its only fair, haha,
It is called open cat, I see no reason he couldn't run it.

Paul.
Simple. It exceeds the displacement limit for gas motors. Regardless of the class being called "open" there still are maximum displacements & IMPBA President Bill Zuber addressed these existing limits already in the thread for upping to F class limits. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The same rule applies to FE boats as far as limits on cells and motors. This is addressed in the FE rules. Contact Randall Thomas for specific rules on limits of FE model boat motors and cells.

11,000 watts, How many Batteries does that take? The boat doesnt melt when you punch the throttle, does it? haha, Ken

11,000 watts, How many Batteries does that take? The boat doesnt melt when you punch the throttle, does it? haha, Ken
Dont let the smoke out.....Mike
Calling all boaters if you make boats,parts or sell parts and pieces id like to get a email and get some help with NATS prizes email [email protected] if you can help me or know some who wants to donate or sponsor a class.....Mike

Glad to see that the novice's are going to be included in the up coming Internats. I saw somewhere that novice would run 21 engines. Is that the only size allowed for novice? What about hulls, will riggers for novice's be banned. Would just like to get the rules right so my son can practice with the correct combination (hull/engine). I do hope that gas boats will not be allowed in the novice class.

Glad to see that the novice's are going to be included in the up coming Internats. I saw somewhere that novice would run 21 engines. Is that the only size allowed for novice? What about hulls, will riggers for novice's be banned. Would just like to get the rules right so my son can practice with the correct combination (hull/engine). I do hope that gas boats will not be allowed in the novice class.
Mark to my knowledge only 21 size engines,i will check on rigger but see no advantage since a mono carries more fuel and will go slower making it easier for a begginer...Mike

We don't, have not, & most likely will not in the future allow riggers in novice in district #12. We do allow gas as that is becoming the most popular entry level boat type. B)

Mike, judging from your post, it sounds like you are going to run an enduro instead of regular heat racing. Why not let them run the same format as the rest of the classes?

Mike, judging from your post, it sounds like you are going to run an enduro instead of regular heat racing. Why not let them run the same format as the rest of the classes?
At the past few nats races they have run for five minutes it has worked out well. They can start and throw in and at the expiration of time completed laps count. I like this way as it gives the younger ones some water time without so much pressure......Mike

Back