IMPBA 2006 International Regatta info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grub said:
RaceCraftBearings said:
Lets not start bickering on this thread, create another rather than destroy this informational post.
Scheduling an event such as the NAMBA or IMPBA Nationals is not always going to happen on the dates that make it possible to race both. First you have to accomodate the host group and if they can only do it a certain week then so be it.

IMPBA Internats June 17th through 24th 2006 Evansville, IN

NAMBA Nationals July 8th through 15th 2006 Ft Lauderdale, FL

Two weeks apart and Hope to see as many as possible at both!

Ron

Keep the props turning and the bottom side down!

113150[/snapback]

I was always told the Internats and the Gas Nats would be run between July & September because June gives the Northern Snowbirds very little good weather to gewt ready. Ohio and Michigan it is still snowing in May. Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Grub said:
With the events close together last year, it worked for us Aussies.
There could be another invasion next year.

Grub

113175[/snapback]

That sounds Great Grub hope it works out! See if Tim can make the trip this time!

Ron

Last edited:
"I then look up to John and Glen and said I have not seen any 21sec mono's running. It was a very good pass for the boats that where there but it was nowhere near 21sec."

So is that how you judge time trials is by sight. I wasn't there, but the whole thing sounds a little goffy.

Dale O sensors do not always work and some times people running them for get to reset the console from the last run. If you have ever been to a records trial and veiwed John and glen working th etimed events you would understand these guys are un-reproachable in their fairness and integrety. There was nothing dis honest going on at all and Italked with Randy afterwards and he was satisfied and understood that mistakes can happen.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

Here is what I got from Al Hobbs.

Hi John,

Thank you for the update.

As you've probably heard, NAMBA has previously announced that our 2006 Nats will be in Fort Lauderdale in mid June so that we will be done before the Hurricane season.

It looks like both organizations decided to move to June the same year.

I am so sorry for what happened in Slidell. I actually was down there moving my mother out of the devastated area near Slidell. Hopefully, we will soon hear from our friends and everyone is safe.

Al Hobbs

RaceCraftBearings said:
bzubee said:
The variance in dates can be negociated and has been done so in the past.  The Evansville club did this so that the IMPBA event would be in conjunction with the Full size Hydroplane races held in Evansville, IN June 25th.  Plus I found out today NAMBA's Nationals are also being held in June to avoid the hurricane season.
Bill Zuber

113136[/snapback]

Bill the NAMBA Nats will be held in Ft Lauderdale FL July 8th through 15th so there will be a few weeks between events.

Ron

113143[/snapback]

bzubee said:
Dale O  sensors do not always work and some times people running them for get to reset the console from the last run.  If you have ever been to a records trial and veiwed John and glen working th etimed events you would understand these guys are un-reproachable in their fairness and integrety.  There was nothing dis honest going on at all and Italked with Randy afterwards and he was satisfied and understood that mistakes can happen.
Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

113200[/snapback]

Bill, I am very good friends with Glenn, and i agree he is totally un-reprochable. And also know Randy, but dissagree that he is satisfied in any way with the out come. I am not taking sides, because i was not there to see it. But i did find that statement funny that Mark said he did not "see" any 21 sec. runs. If you go by sight, why use the clock? I just wanted to know how it happened. Does anyone know what happened, or was it that just no one believed the time?

Dale0 said:
Bill,  I am very good friends with Glenn, and i agree he is totally un-reprochable. And also know Randy, but dissagree that he is satisfied in any way with the out come. I am not taking sides, because i was not there to see it. But i did find that statement funny that Mark said he did not "see" any 21 sec. runs. If you go by sight, why use the clock? I just wanted to know how it happened. Does anyone know what happened, or was it that just no one believed the time?

113273[/snapback]

Dale you really cant be serious, your taking what Mark said and twisting it into something it is not!

Mark said he never saw any 21 second runs! Dont you think that his line of sight was to look at the console to see the number just ran?

Let it go man!

Look, like i said i dont have a side. I wasn't there to see for myself. But what i do know is i was at a race last week and there was a whole group of people talking about what happened. And it sure didn't sound to me like Randy was satisfied. I was just curious if the record was dissalowed because no one believed the time, or if a mistake was really found.

Dale0 said:
Look, like i said i dont have a side. I wasn't there to see for myself. But what i do know is i was at a race last week and there was a whole group of people talking about what happened. And it sure didn't sound to me like Randy was satisfied. I was just curious if the record was dissalowed because no one believed the time, or if a mistake was really found.
113298[/snapback]

Dale how about moving to another thread,in the end its not your fight procedure calls for Randy to file an appeal not you....Mikey

Good god.. Can a person not ask a question anymore?

SayMikey said:
Dale0 said:
113298[/snapback]

Dale how about moving to another thread,in the end its not your fight procedure calls for Randy to file an appeal not you....Mikey

113309[/snapback]

Im not appealing or fighting anything, I am just curious as to what happened.

DaleO, I am going to explain it to you one more time. I was right there in the pits when it happened. I am the one that protested the run. I saw Randy's run and yes it was a good run but it was not a 21sec run. I know that the run did not make my head spin around so this is why I did not hear the numbers that were called out for the run. Further more the boat was not impounded so therefore the recorded would be null anyway. But to try to make up for the mistake what ever it was we allow him to run the boat again when ever he was ready. I do not remember if he had another set of numbers or if it was the only set of numbers that he had but either way one set of number do not say that he has a record. It takes a backup set of numbers to go with the fast numbers. Now if his boat was able to make that kind of run he would have no problem running very close to the so call 21sec run. But the two or three runs were not even close. Case closed.

Mark Bullard

Mark Bullard said:
DaleO, I am going to explain it to you one more time. I was right there in the pits when it happened. I am the one that protested the run. I saw Randy's run and yes it was a good run but it was not a 21sec run. I know that the run did not make my head spin around so this is why I did not hear the numbers that were called out for the run. Further more the boat was not impounded so therefore the recorded would be null anyway. But to try to make up for the mistake what ever it was we allow him to run the boat again when ever he was ready. I do not remember if he had another set of numbers or if it was the only set of numbers that he had but either way one set of number do not say that he has a record. It takes a backup set of numbers to go with the fast numbers. Now if his boat was able to make that kind of run he would have no problem running very close to the so call 21sec run. But the two or three runs were not even close. Case closed.
Mark Bullard

113371[/snapback]

Dale, I would like to comment on the banter that has been going on over the oval time trials. I was given the time on my first run of 21.462, now you are saying that run did not make your head spin, but I had several people approach me after that run who were amazed that an F Mono could run that fast. I was given the opportunity to run again to prove myself an hour or so later after weather and water conditions had changed. That time was 24.979 with a 3.517 second difference from the original, so it is not so preposterous that I could have run the 21.462. I have to say that my first run was an excellent one, not to brag, but my boat was on point and my driving was on point!!! I feel that I was protested because I have only been in competition for 3 years and that just may be some of the I.M.P.B.A. district 5 Kings do not want to be knocked from their Thrones. Dale, so may be it's not who you are but who you know?

Randy

dupuis_racing said:
..... I feel that I was protested because I have only been in competition for 3 years and that just may be some of the I.M.P.B.A. district 5 Kings do not want to be knocked from their Thrones. Dale, so may be it's not who you are but who you know? Randy

113379[/snapback]

Randy you've got to be kidding, there is NO WAY Mark Bullard or John Equi would EVER do something like you suggest. Quite the opposite, they'd both be the first to congratulate you if it was indeed a record set. Speaking from a few oval record trial experiences 3.5 seconds is an ETERNITY! There is no way the water conditions changed that much. If you were even close to record speeds your times would have not been that far off. Been there, done that.... with some help too! B)

Don Ferrette said:
dupuis_racing said:
..... I feel that I was protested because I have only been in competition for 3 years and that just may be some of the I.M.P.B.A. district 5 Kings do not want to be knocked from their Thrones. Dale, so may be it's not who you are but who you know? Randy

113379[/snapback]

Randy you've got to be kidding, there is NO WAY Mark Bullard or John Equi would EVER do something like you suggest. Quite the opposite, they'd both be the first to congratulate you if it was indeed a record set. Speaking from a few oval record trial experiences 3.5 seconds is an ETERNITY! There is no way the water conditions changed that much. If you were even close to record speeds your times would have not been that far off. Been there, done that.... with some help too! B)

113380[/snapback]

You are right on Don. The weather could have affected the motor enough to cause .517 differance but 3.517 seconds is nearly a full straightaway differance. Was Cleatus was running laps with the retrieve boat during your rerun?

And Dale, the F mono record isn't held by anyone in district 5 and I don't think the record holder was even at the race.

( Was Cleatus was running laps with the retrieve boat during your rerun?)

Hear Ye Hear Ye I plead not guilty of hot lapping the retreive boat. LOL

Like some others tho I'm shocked at what I read. To question the honesty of the officials was unbelievable.

Cleatus Cooper said:
( Was Cleatus was running laps with the retrieve boat during your rerun?)
Hear Ye Hear Ye  I plead not guilty of hot lapping the retreive boat. LOL

Like some others tho I'm shocked at what I read. To question the honesty of the officials was unbelievable.

113385[/snapback]

There is no question of the honesty of the officials. My question is why was my time of 21.462 signed of on and then posted on the results page at the drivers stand? The officials at an International competition should have had the list of current records and a rule book. Then my boat would have been inpounded and I would not have left the pit area. I just find it to be funny that they had trouble reading the clock at that time of the day on my run!

Randy

Back