Date Set for the first annual "Irwin Cup"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know where Simpson is. Maybe we could get a race going if we could find somebody to fly them!!!!! and it was an AMA event again. It would be fun to do. I still have all the stuff.

Rick

His name is, John Ballard. In the 70s he was the best polit in the rat race circle.

I seen him fly 6, 1400 lap race in one day.

I lost his telephone no.,he live in louisville, ky.

The last I heard sbout him, he was flying with someone from chicago.

He was writing article in Flying Models.

I sold all my rat dtuf to him in the late 70s.

To old to get down to start them any more.

Norris

Hey, Ackerman still has a Rat Racer with an HP .40. Not sure I could still fly any 140 lappers with the bad right arm but it would be fun to see it happing again. Anyone got a picture of Ballard flying with the white filtered cigarette clinched in his mouth? Last I heard he and Dick Lambert were flying together ( years ago! ).

Dick Tyndall

How's the old boy doing? I haven't seen him since a Hobart race 2 years ago.

That would be a great little trip as I've always wanted to see the AMA HQ anyway.

All I've got race-ready are gas boats so there should be plenty of those showing up as there are a lot of them in D-14.

Guys,

I've attached the race flyer so you can plan early. Many of the motels get filled up since the AMA Nats is going on at the same time and we also deal with a university.

let me know if you have questions!

gh

Irwin cup flyer3.pdf

Attachments

• Irwin cup flyer3.pdf
    210.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
Greg do you have a block of rooms reserved? I got a great rate 75.00 dollar a nite with tax at super 8
Pete with all the events we have here the motels are essentially booked by us all summer, we don't get blocks of rooms we usually take them all.

IRCHA (a huge heli event) was scheduled late a few years ago and ran into freshman orientation at BSU and we had to take a wing of dorm rooms to house participants for that event.

glad you got some digs. welcome to the party

g

Booked rooms at the Super 8 three nites for 196.67. Make sure you asked for discounts such as AAA AARP etc. Fifteen minutes from race site. Let's go racing for Jim.

Nails

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on being there too, if I'm not " feeding the worms " ( in the ground ). Put me down for sponsoring the Sport 40 class. I'll throw in some stuff if you have a raffle, too.

Dick Tyndall

Latest posts

Back