Obituary for Kim Cecelia Grim

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wittrig

Kim Grim passed away on April 12, 2024, in Huntsville, Alabama, at the age of 62. She was born on June 6, 1961, in Hardin, Kentucky, to the late Thomas Joseph and Charlotte Jean McDonald (LeBlanc).

Kim was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and friend who tirelessly gave of herself for the enjoyment of those around her. She married the love of her life, Mark, on December 11, 1982, in Riverside, California. Her passion for horses began in the 1970s and, after a brief hiatus, she was able to enjoy them again in the 1990s until an injury caused her to step away. However, her uncanny ability to attract creatures great and small was only one of her passions. Another passion, which she began to develop on her first date with her then-future husband Mark, was radio-controlled boat racing. Kim was much more than a participant; she was a regional and national champion, held numerous speed records, and was a defining example of showing the boys the fastest way around the racecourse. She dedicated endless amounts of time not just to helping her own club host races, but also to selflessly assisting other clubs in hosting successful events. She will also be remembered for the delightful spreads of food she prepared for participants' enjoyment.

Kim exceeded at everything she put her competitive heart and mind to. She loved to hunt, fish, ride motorcycles, go camping, and had a very artistic mind.

Kim is survived by her husband of 41 years, Mark; her sons Rory (Maria) and Jason with her first husband Vern Moak; her and Mark's son, Christopher; her sister Tracy; her niece Charley; her grandchildren Roddric, Logan, and Kona; and many close friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, Thomas Joseph and Charlotte Jean McDonald; and her siblings Michael, Todd, and Karen.

Celebrations of life will be held at the two most important racing sites in Kim’s boating career. The first event will be at Brahan Spring Park in Huntsville, Alabama, on May 4, 2024, with a fun run starting at 9:00am and lunch from 11:30am to 1:30pm. The second event will be at Legg Lake in South El Monte, CA, during the scheduled NAMBA District 19 race on July 13, 2024, with a mealtime to be determined. The family welcomes all that knew Kim to these events. Please RSVP to [email protected].

The family extends their gratitude to the care team, including the doctors and nurses, for their compassionate support. They also appreciate all the messages of condolence received.

Kim will always be remembered as someone who brightened and made your day better. RIP
Mic Jay & Max

I met Kim over 20 years ago at the NAMBA SAW events. Her support and kindness at these events was irreplaceable. I can't believe she is gone. She will be missed by the entire boating community. My sympathy goes out to all her family, especially Mark and Chris.

Lohring Miller

I have had the pleasure of meeting Kim Grim and she was the most sweetest woman. My thoughts and prayers will go out to Mark, Chris and the family.
RIP Mrs. Kim

Just read about Kim. What a shock! Brought Walt home from hospital today. He had a slight heart attack, with little damage. His bypass done in 2002 collasped. They put in a stint. Resting but very weak. We are so sorry for you and the whole family. We send all our love and prayers. stay in touch. We will miss her kind soul very much. Walt & Karen Barney

I am very shocked to hear of Kim's passing. I met her at one of the Hobart races many years ago. She seemed like a very nice lady and she could sure as hell drive a race boat! I know what it is like to lose your partner in life and my heart goes out to Mark and Chris, and to all of the family at this time.

Dick Tyndall

Back