2012 IMPBA NITRO Internats Final Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The results for the IMPBA Internats just completed in Charleston, SC, hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, are as follows:

US-1 Winners:

B Mono - Stan Simpson IV

B Hydro - Doug Twaits

B Tunnel - Jeff Whiddon

D Hydro - Josh Black - Youngest winner at 15 years old

D Tunnel - John Otto

Sport 40 - Dick Tyndall

E Mono - Stan Simpson IV

E Hydro - Doug Twaits

1/8 Scale - Phil Thomas

F Mono - Stan Simpson IV

F Hydro - Stu Barr

Twin Hydro - Mark Grannis

Specialty Classes (ran on Saturday with 5 rounds of heat racing only):

Single Engine F Hydro - Doug Twaits

Sport B Tunnel - John Otto

Junior Class 21 - Nicholas Carter

RTR .18 Hydro - Nicholas Carter

Of note for the Junior and RTR class, all racers were children ages of 12 and under. Gage Allen, 7 year old grandson of Rick Glover, finished 2nd in both classes at his very FIRST race ever. He and the others did well.

Special Awards:

Excellence of Performance (EOP) Award - Josh Black - Youngest winner at 15 years old

President's Cup - Phil Thomas

John Bridge Award - Mark Grannis

William LeFeber Award - Don Ferrette

The primary race sponsor was Aquacraft Models and the secondary sponsor was CMB Engines/Crapshooter Boats - Stu Barr.

Our raffle sponsors were:

AA Motors, Al Hobbs, donated a AA 45 engine and 2 90 muffled pipes

Aquacraft Models - donated 2 cases of Grimracer fuel, TopSpeed 3 boat and a Miss Vegas RTR boat, Grimracer grease and radio box tape

Boris Mazor, Gen 4 flowmeter

CMB Engines/Crapshooter Boats - CMB 67 and a CMB 91 VAC engine

Marty Davis - 2 Engine Analysis Software packages

Gene Mongar Motros - One engine modification

Hallam Marine Hobbies - Picco discount coupon,

Jack O'Donnell - Many OD Plugs

Hobbico/Great Planes - 2 Futaba FAST 2.4 radios (one 3 channel and one a 4 channel radio), Trition charger, 4 LiFe receiver battery packs

Jackrabbit Racing - 4 remote needle bases

NovaRossi USA - NR 46 engine, NR towel and hat

Phil Thomas - Sport 40 hull

Props - 4 U - 4 free props

Roadrunner Boats - 2 50% discount coupons for a single engine boat kit

Speedmaster - Many struts, rudders and trim tabs of various sizes

Virginia Craftsman - 2 turn fins and several exhaust couplers

Zipp Kitts - 2 kits for the 21G JAE boat

The value of these products were over $6,700. Many thanks for the GREAT sposnorships and donations. I hope that I did not miss anyone.

The heat racing results can be found on the rcracingevents.com web site. There were no time trial records set during the Internats but Stu Barr in D hydro Ovals and Bob Kensill in D Tunnel ovals came very close. Both were using a pure heat racing boat in their attempts.

Many thanks to ALL that attended and supported the 2012 IMPBA Internats.

2012 Internats SAW Results.doc

Attachments

• 2012 Internats SAW Results.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all winners and also rans. And a big thanks to the CMB for giving it there all to make this a good event. Somehow I gotta get over there

Congrats guys - Looks like D-3 showed well B)

John/Jeff/Stan and Mark- AWESOME JOB .

Josh , Great job young man, been watching you run the last few years you guys have traveled South and all I can say is-

pops better be a proud man B)

Andy

Just got home from CMB last night. This club done a great job the site is awsome! Thanks to to the entire CMB for doing a fantastic job.

Also congrats to all of the winners. A special shot out to Josh Black for his US1 in D Hydro and the EOP Trophy. For only being 15 he is and OUTSTANDING racer and person.

Kevin Sheren

IMPBA President

Congratulations fellas!!!!

Josh, well done sir!! B)

Special thanks to John Knight, the CMB, Internats Committe, and race sponsors!!

Doug

Can someone post the Boat Mfger and the Engines used for the US-1 Winners?? I know Mark Grannis was a RoadRunner Xtreme twin with RS101s & Josh was Roadrunner Xtreme with a VAC45, Someone how more??? Phil Thomas Scale class was a Round Nose with a CMB 67? Stu Barr F Hydro was a Crapshooter with a CMB 80?

Can someone post the Boat Mfger and the Engines used for the US-1 Winners?? I know Mark Grannis was a RoadRunner Xtreme twin with RS101s & Josh was Roadrunner Xtreme with a VAC45, Someone how more??? Phil Thomas Scale class was a Round Nose with a CMB 67? Stu Barr F Hydro was a Crapshooter with a CMB 80?

I cannot recall all of the boats and engines used. I can some.

Stan used Microburst hulls and had different engines in his mono classes.

Doug Twaits used a Predator hull and an OS engine for B Hydro. He had a Eagle 60 hull

Dick Tyndall used a PT hull and a Picco 45 blue head for the Sport 40

Jeff Whiddon used a Lynx and I believe a NR/RB engine for B Tunnel

Josh Black had a new 45 RR with a new CMB 45 VAC

Stu used a Twin Crapshooter with CMB 80's for the F Hydro and the Twin class

Not sure about the rest of them

21 mono US 1...Micro Burst hull,a borrowed Lupe Perez Nova Rossi...60 mono US 1 Micro Burst hull,a borrowed Dick Jones MAC 67 motor...90 mono US 1 Micro Burst hull,1" motor built by Mr. Stan Simpson III (CMB P/S)... That's all I have too say about that... Except Congrats. to Josh Black, just one of the many good YOUNG men that we have coming up to take over this great hobby that we have.

Congrats Stan, looks like you got by with a little help from some friends ;)

Your the Mono man for 2012 B)

Andy

I got some pics from the Banquet and will post them soon, congrats Josh Black, impressive young man.

My scale US1 Miss timex is one of my Phil Thomas Hydros epoxyglass hydros, it has a MAC 67 for power.

My other boats have the MAC45 too

Phil Thomas Hydros Supersport 45 and Seaducer 40

My 20 Speedmaster mono is running a mac/cmb cyl. motor.

Congrats to Dick Tyndall beat me by 25 points for US1 in sport40 and Stan Simpson he beat me to the US1 in 20 mono.

Just didnt get the speed in the time trials I needed, only 2nd and third places in the time trials lost it for me.

All the sport 40 boats racing for US1 were my SuperSport45 boats no brand x this year, HA

And thanks to Stan for launching all my boats with out fail..

I was lucky to have four first place class wins, b mono, d mono, sport40 and scale.

I was happy to have picked sport40 and scale for the Presidents cup points. Second time for those same boats.

The results for the IMPBA Internats just completed in Charleston, SC, hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, are as follows:

US-1 Winners:

B Mono - Stan Simpson IV

B Hydro - Doug Twaits

B Tunnel - Jeff Whiddon

D Hydro - Josh Black - Youngest winner at 15 years old

D Tunnel - John Otto

Sport 40 - Dick Tyndall

E Mono - Stan Simpson IV

E Hydro - Doug Twaits

1/8 Scale - Phil Thomas

F Mono - Stan Simpson IV

F Hydro - Stu Barr

Twin Hydro - Mark Grannis

Specialty Classes (ran on Saturday with 5 rounds of heat racing only):

Single Engine F Hydro - Doug Twaits

Sport B Tunnel - John Otto

Junior Class 21 - Nicholas Carter

RTR .18 Hydro - Nicholas Carter

Of note for the Junior and RTR class, all racers were children ages if 12 and under. Gage Allen, 7 year old grandson of Rick Glover, finished 2nd in both classes at his very FIRST race ever. He and the others did well.

Special Awards:

Excellence of Performance (EOP) Award - Josh Black - Youngest winner at 15 years old

President's Cup - Phil Thomas

John Bridge Award - Mark Grannis

William LeFeber Award - Don Ferrette

The primary race sponsor was Aquacraft Models and the secondary sponsor was CMB Engines/Crapshooter Boats - Stu Barr.

Our raffle sponsors were:

AA Motors, Al Hobbs, donated a AA 45 engine and 2 90 muffled pipes

Aquacraft Models - donated 2 cases of Grimracer fuel, TopSpeed 3 boat and a Miss Vegas RTR boat, Grimracer grease and radio box tape

Boris Mazor, Gen 4 flowmeter

CMB Engines/Crapshooter Boats - CMB 67 and a CMB 91 VAC engine

Marty Davis - 2 Engine Analysis Software packages

Gene Mongar Motros - One engine modification

Hallam Marine Hobbies - Picco discount coupon, OD Plugs

Hobbico/Great Planes - 2 Futaba FAST 2.4 radios (one 3 channel and one a 4 channel radio), Trition charger, 4 LiFe receiver battery packs

Jackrabbit Racing - 4 remote needle bases

NovaRossi USA - NR 46 engine, NR towel and hat

Phil Thomas - Sport 40 hull

Props - 4 U - 4 free props

Roadrunner Boats - 2 50% discount coupons for a single engine boat kit

Speedmaster - Many struts, rudders and trim tabs of various sizes

Virginia Craftsman - 2 turn fins and several exhaust couplers

Zipp Kitts - 2 kits for the 21G JAE boat

The value of these products were over $6,700. Many thanks for the GREAT sposnorships and donations. I hope that I did not miss anyone.

The heat racing results can be found on the rcracingevents.com web site. There were no time trial records set during the Internats but Stu Barr in D hydro Ovals and Bob Kensill in D Tunnel ovals came very close. Both were using a pure heat racing boat in their attempts.

Many thanks to ALL that attended and supported the 2012 IMPBA Internats.
Josh may have been the youngest to win a US 1 at this Nats. However I think Conrad Cupit won the B mono US1 in 1976 as a 9 year old in Chesapeake.

Congrats to all the champions! Are the times and place going to be posted for time trials? Thats half the score and I am sure there were some fast times that should be given credit.

Mic

Way to go Stan!!!!

Congradulations on the US-1's!!!!!

Jason and Steve

21 mono US 1...Micro Burst hull,a borrowed Lupe Perez Nova Rossi...60 mono US 1 Micro Burst hull,a borrowed Dick Jones MAC 67 motor...90 mono US 1 Micro Burst hull,1" motor built by Mr. Stan Simpson III (CMB P/S)... That's all I have too say about that... Except Congrats. to Josh Black, just one of the many good YOUNG men that we have coming up to take over this great hobby that we have.

Correction to John Knight's post on sponsor prizes. The OD plugs were donated by Steve Odonnell, not Hallam Marine.

Thanks for the correction. Post #1 has been changed. What a whirlwind this has been. Also glad the race was not this week. We have had rain every day since Sunday, including all day today with 1.5". Over 3" for the week. We got a lot less with the tropical storm - we got lucky!

Will try and get the SAW winners, places 1-3, posted in a few days. Still doing post race admin work.

Back