Zoom 21 Carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there mr purdue lol!!

Can you tell me i noticed you have a green hed 67 carb and a 67/80 carb.. i assume the difference is on the bore dia..

how does the 67/80 work on the 67?

thanks

chris

Hello Chris, the CMB Zoom 67 was developed primarily for the heavier boats, scales, ect., though they work good on the lighter boats also. The Zoom 67/80 has a unique bore configuration, it is oval, this allows for more bore area for more flow while still maintaining control of the airflow thru the carb and over the spray bar for better fuel metering and draw over the entire throttle range. For a light boat with a CMB 67, they are very quick and they also work very good on the CMB 80's.

It was good meeting you in Hobart, just not enough time to really talk to everyone. I will be back next year.

Thanks, Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles,

I have lost the bubble on what carb you have available for what brand engines. Can you list the carbs and the engines they fit, that you have made, have now available in stock and what you intend on doing over the winter, with the prices for each? Thanks.

the current carbs that I am producing are: Zoom 21 (.590/15mm neck) @$95.00

Zoom 21 for the new CMB straight induction engine $95.00

All prices are plus shipping.

I am in the process of building carbs now. Non are ready at this time.

Thanks for the interest,

Charles
I am confuse two differents Zoom 21 carbs tell me 21 CMB Valvalo ( new bolts or old as same as MAC21 )? tell me thanks Allan

Charles,

I have lost the bubble on what carb you have available for what brand engines. Can you list the carbs and the engines they fit, that you have made, have now available in stock and what you intend on doing over the winter, with the prices for each? Thanks.

Thanks for the interest,

Charles
I am confuse two differents Zoom 21 carbs tell me 21 CMB Valvalo ( new bolts or old as same as MAC21 )? tell me thanks Allan
Hello Allan, one Zoom 21 will be the old style that fits the MAC 21 and the early CMB Valvola, the second Zoom 21 will be for the new inline CMB intake that is just being released now. The new inline CMB intake will have a bolt-on carb but the hole pattern and mounting will be different from the RS-7 carb.

Thanks, Charles

Charles,

Thanks for the interest,

Charles
Hello Allan, one Zoom 21 will be the old style that fits the MAC 21 and the early CMB Valvola, the second Zoom 21 will be for the new inline CMB intake that is just being released now. The new inline CMB intake will have a bolt-on carb but the hole pattern and mounting will be different from the RS-7 carb.

Thanks, Charles
Can you show me any pictures for new inline CMB intake Zoom 21? thanks Allan

Charles,

Thanks for the interest,

Charles

Thanks, Charles

The design has not been finalized, it is still in progress.

Charles

What is the bore on the zoom 12?? Enough meat on the mount area to turn it down 11mm (or a hair under)??

Sean

What is the bore on the zoom 12?? Enough meat on the mount area to turn it down 11mm (or a hair under)??

Sean

Hello Sean, the bore on the Zoom 12 is .283 but it flares out below the spray bar. Yes there is enough "MEAT" to turn it down too 11mm or two to three hairs under. It really depends on what kind of hairs, if it is frog hairs you could go a few more hairs under as the are very fine.
rolleyes.gif
Just kidding.............there is enough material to go down to at least 10.5 mm.

Thanks, Charles

LOL...the one I have here is .250 bore and .431 (10.95mm) at the mount. Looking to do some work on the liner and want to see what a larger bore carb will do. Not that you need more work, but the RTR market might bring you more business. :)

Not that I am in any big hurry (27 degrees outside right now), but any idea when you will have any of these ready?? Put me on the list BTW...

Sean

I had no idea they had frog hairs in your neck of the woods. Next you will be building ramps the size of mole hills

...It really depends on what kind of hairs, if it is frog hairs you could go a few more hairs under as the are very fine. Just kidding.............there is enough material to go down to at least 10.5 mm.

Thanks, Charles
I found it today (pic attached). Looks like frog hair is .025 inch, per the package... :)

Sean

Frog_hair.jpg

...It really depends on what kind of hairs, if it is frog hairs you could go a few more hairs under as the are very fine. Just kidding.............there is enough material to go down to at least 10.5 mm.

Thanks, Charles
I found it today (pic attached). Looks like frog hair is .025 inch, per the package...
smile.gif

Sean

[/quote

OK......OK Sean, I concede, that was a good comeback.
smile.gif

The 12 size Zoom carbs will be a little later, probably about February or March. I am trying to build carbs, develope several additional sizes of carbs and build me some boats to race next year. I scratch build all of my boats and that is very time consuming. I also have to still work for a living.

If it would help you guys, I can custome machine the neck of the 12 carbs to fit other engines besides the Novarossi. These would have to be done one at a time on a special order basis.

When I get to that point, I will post here on IW.

Thanks, Charles

Hi there mr purdue lol!!

Can you tell me i noticed you have a green hed 67 carb and a 67/80 carb.. i assume the difference is on the bore dia..

how does the 67/80 work on the 67?

thanks

chris

Hello Chris, the CMB Zoom 67 was developed primarily for the heavier boats, scales, ect., though they work good on the lighter boats also. The Zoom 67/80 has a unique bore configuration, it is oval, this allows for more bore area for more flow while still maintaining control of the airflow thru the carb and over the spray bar for better fuel metering and draw over the entire throttle range. For a light boat with a CMB 67, they are very quick and they also work very good on the CMB 80's.

It was good meeting you in Hobart, just not enough time to really talk to everyone. I will be back next year.

Thanks, Charles

it was good meeting you to charles... maybe we can talk some more next yr hopefully.. got some things i would like to discuss.

thanks for the info on the carbs.. i might give the bigger one a try next yr..

Charles,

Thanks for the interest,

Charles

Thanks, Charles
Hello Allan, here is some pictures of the prototype Zoom 21 for the new in-line CMB 21 backplate. It will be shipped Monday to be tested.

Thanks, Charles

DSC00945.JPG

DSC00948.JPG

DSC00949.JPG

Charles,

Thanks for the interest,

Charles

Thanks, Charles
Hello Allan, here is some pictures of the prototype Zoom 21 for the new in-line CMB 21 backplate. It will be shipped Monday to be tested.

Thanks, Charles
I would take one I will send money order next Jan 2010 Give me your address? thanks Allan

Charles,

Thanks for the interest,

Charles

Thanks, Charles

Thanks, Charles
I would take one I will send money order next Jan 2010 Give me your address? thanks Allan

Allan, let us get the prototype tested and some production carbs built. I will post on IW when we have some for sale.

Thanks, Charles

Any of these zoom carbs currently available for the Nova-Rossi 21?
Hello Rob, I am currently out of the Zoom 21 carbs. I should have some in stock for sale just after the first of the year.

They work VERY well on the Novarossi engines.

Thanks, Charles

Do you have internals available for the MAC motors? And by internals do you mean just the spray bar assembly, or both the spraybar and barrel?

Back