ZOOM Carb. Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a Zoom carb on a CMB Beta 21 EVO.
with an Aeromarine remote needle.
Has anyone experienced flooding of the engine while trying to get it started with this setup/carb?
Once started it seems to run OK, haven't tried to lean it down yet.

Nope. I am running a Zoom carb on a Beta 21 with the OS inflight needle on a speedmaster base and no issues.
Is your tank quite a bit higher than your carb? If yes, you might need to pinch the fuel line in till right before you crank.

Should not have anything to do with needle.

IMG_1167.JPG

Nope. I am running a Zoom carb on a Beta 21 with the OS inflight needle on a speedmaster base and no issues.
Is your tank quite a bit higher than your carb? If yes, you might need to pinch the fuel line in till right before you crank.

Should not have anything to do with needle.

View attachment 316041
Boat is a Seaducer, can't get tank any lower.
Maybe I'm just still too rich?
Thanx

I always build my boat stands such that the boats are transom high and so that they won’t flood while setting. If you use hemostats to clamp the fuel to prevent flooding make sure to sand or file the jaw faces to remove sharp points and edges or they will eventually pierce your fuel lines.
Good tip John on the hemostats,,I also put heat shrink on the ends about 1inch or so..

Back