Young Blood monos...any info...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mono45...1

I just got a nitro boat in a trade and I can't wait to get on the water with something nitro powered again, its a young blood mono, I was told it was a young blood 45, It has a CMB .45 grandprix silverhead in it, and I think a MACS muffler pipe tuned pipe for it...It will arrive tuesday(a day late thanks to DHL screwing up) but I was just looking for info on them or any other comments about it and the engine...I dont have anywhere to race around here...but am gonna try to find a few people to run with...Im in central PA if someone knows a club in the area...I can't find any...but anyway let me know what you think of the boat and what it should be capable of...

100_0256_1_.jpg

They are fast but not very stable in rough water. Sometimes they are hard to hold onto in the corners. Well made boat by tidewater but no longer in business. That engine is solid but an early edition so don't expect it to keep up with the newer CMBS and Macs. The boat is nice looking too!!!!! Good luck.

Regards Curt

Thanks, I wasnt aware that thats who made them, as I mentioned I have nowhere to race and the most likely thing I will be running with is an RTR boat so it will be fast enough...also I'm glad to here about the handling being like that as I really enjoy driving flat bottom boats like crackerboxes so some exitement is a good thing...

They are fast but not very stable in rough water. Sometimes they are hard to hold onto in the corners. Well made boat by tidewater but no longer in business. That engine is solid but an early edition so don't expect it to keep up with the newer CMBS and Macs. The boat is nice looking too!!!!! Good luck.
Regards Curt
We used to set rotor clearence at zero. Then add gasket for your actual rotor clearence. Set pipe length to 10 inches, and use ABC 55X69 (3) prop. 35 or 40% nitro. Richard D

I have a Youngblood 30" (21 size)

I really enjoy running mine and found it runs better in

choppy water than glass.

I feel it needs a bit of a ripple to get it up and movin.

21_mono_8_small.jpg

Thanks for the setup info, I will be able to really use that, the pipe length was something I was needing to know...and prop...thanks

Ive never run one but I have always liked the Looks of the youngblood mono. I've read that they do not turn well. Someplace on here, I've read about something you can do very easily to fix the problem.

Hmm, if anyone has seen that post please let me know, I am gonna buy a new set of turn fins, one on each side since I do not race and want to be able to turn left with some half decent speed...the pond I run at is not that large, I run my gasser airboat in there though, and a gasser crackerbox I had... I am gonna order parts tomorrow, is there an octura prop that I could use in place of the ABC, it would be cheaper and keep all my order of parts coming from one supplier...I was told by the previous owner that an x450/3 would work but that the ABC props worked better...so anything there would help, also when I measure the pipe, I know to go from the glowplug but to what point on the pipe cone do I go(ex. to the biggest part)...thanks...oh and yeah, I like the looks of it, I am gonna think of a name and decal it nicely to spice the looks up a bit, but the white and blue looks good on it...

oh man thous boats are junk i would not run it lol or should i say didnt run like you no place or time the fix for the hooking should be with the boat i think i sent it and you may not need it some guys say it hooks in the turn and some dont have anyproblems with hooking the fix is to put the strips that i sent on the botom of the boat rigth under the free board it does the same thing as a spray rail it helps to stop a vac from forming on the free board and pulling the boat under oh there is a lager turn fin that i made for it in the box to i just never drilled the mounting holes and as far as dhl i dont know why it took so long to get out of mi if you need anymore info just ask thanks mark

I called DHL, they routed it wrong so it will come tuesday, you'll have the truck tomorrow...and are you joking, or are you saying the boat you traded me is junk...if so man, thats not cool...so I hope you were being sarcastic and joking, as you have seemed like a good guy so far...as for the strips for the bottom, I'll run it once and see how it handles, I think I'm gonna put two new fins on it, and since the water here is usually a slight chop I don't think it will be an issue but I have seen some of my past boats get sucked down as you mentioned

There was a LOL in there, so I think he was joking. At speed the youngblood tended to hook in the turn. The front sucks down, and the rear comes around. The suction is enough to pull out any sized fin. Check out the link to the discussion. I personally know that boat, and it was a trip to watch. After a spin, it would get up and go again. The K&B 1.0 was an interesting engine, tons of torque and great fuel efficiency. I'm not sure, but Dave may still have that boat; but he's running tunnels and hydros now, along with a 20 microburst.

There was a LOL in there, so I think he was joking. At speed the youngblood tended to hook in the turn. The front sucks down, and the rear comes around. The suction is enough to pull out any sized fin. Check out the link to the discussion. I personally know that boat, and it was a trip to watch. After a spin, it would get up and go again. The K&B 1.0 was an interesting engine, tons of torque and great fuel efficiency. I'm not sure, but Dave may still have that boat; but he's running tunnels and hydros now, along with a 20 microburst.
I ran a 38" Youngblood for three seasons, and did not have a hooking problem. To much rudder input, or the inside trim tab being down to much, could cause problems. The stock turn fin supplied by Tidewater, was fine. Work with your set up before gluing the wood on. Get yourself a ABC 55X69 (3) prop. There is a reason for this prop. It will lift the transom. Make sure you run the strut with the skeg. Good luck, Richard D

LOL...yeah, when I posted that I didnt really catch the lol in there...anyway, looks like DHL fixed it so its coming today...we will see if they come through...

Got the boat today, just as mark said it was and Im really happy with it, Im gonna order the parts tonight so hopefully by next week I'll get a few runs on it...hope you have fun with the crawler mark, I loved running it but didnt have enough stuff to crawl on around here, it definately crawls well though

glad your happy with it i got the truck today and i am veary happy with it also and il leave good feedback for you thanks mark

ya i cant wait to run the truck iv got plans for this bad boy its gonna be a tubber il send you some picks when i get it done

Back