X-Craft mono with geard "Wilfong" tuned 91RS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickard Andersson

Hi there,

My own X-Craft mono is complete and ready for the first tests. This one is build for the NAVIGA offshore O-15 class. We run on oval corse for 8 min heats. Thanks to David Wilfong for the tuned engine, and it's mounted to a gearbox. No one yet have tested geard engine's in this class. Maby this one will have some potential to put down some fast laps during rough race conditions, and It has to keep doing that for up to 30 laps.

Rickard

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

NOW thats a bad boat!!!!!

Good luck with testing. :)

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Last year I did try to race with my SpeedCraft Gen 2 and 3 monos, but they were to short for racing here during our rough conditions. So, I implemented some Ides I've had and from that I did extend and rebuild my Gen 2 to 53", re-shape the bottom and put on some diffrent sets of strakes. That hull was a hit, did race in the O-27 class, with my QDP and it was a blast. No I have some more extended Gen 2 boats, the one in this post has got a total new bottom. It takes a lot of time to extend a hull and make it as you like. Therfore, with an OK from Mike Withely (the owner of SpeedCraftBoats) I have made a mould out of one of my hulls, same hull as last year. At first only to save some time in the building process when testing diffrent hull bottoms. The name X-Craft came from that they now are an X craft/boat. I do not plan to build and sell boats to the public, I like it to keep it small. This year at one race here in Sweden, the 2012 Winternats Winner boat, an Razor with QDP 26 was at that race, he did 28 laps, my X-Craft did 30 laps. And this was on a small lake like you race at. The Razor might have a higher top speed but do not make as fast laps as my boat did. It's all about lap time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Below, the first pic is from last year, the first step/cut/saw and some pics from the blueprint process and the last one is of a new hull out of the X-Craft mould!

Rickard

X-Craft  05.JPG

X-Craft  16.JPG

X-Craft  18.JPG

X-Craft  19.JPG

X-Craft  38.JPG

X-Craft  51.JPG

IMG_4685.JPG

Back