CalCraft 39 (666) endurance!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickard Andersson

This boat is build for the NAVIGA O-7.5 class. We race 8min heats on oval corse. Therefore the boat has got 3 fuel tanks, 2 center and 1 front (24oz) tank and 1 float chamber. The boat get stuffed with fuel lines!!!!!!! Very high payload at the start of the heat. I was introducerd by David Wilfong on the Calcraft hulls. I'm very impressed of this hull, especially in the Swedish rough water. It's only 39" but run's like a +42" boat. It's an old design (about 20 years) but it got no problems competing with todays modern hulls from Europe or Asia. It's powerd by a CMB 45RS (666), Wilfong tuned engine. Thank's David!!!!!! And thank's to Lenny at RumRacing for the support.

Rickard

CalCraft 34.jpg

CalCraft 59.JPG

CalCraft 60.JPG

CalCraft 61.JPG

CalCraft 62.JPG

CalCraft 63.JPG

CalCraft 64.JPG

Rickard

I new you would like this boat. I have done things with it that still amaze me.

It likes it fast and hard and never a bad habit.

Would not have it any other way.

Good luck next season with it.

Will turn some heads for sure.

There is still more in it you are only pulling a X452/3.

I think you need one more tank. :lol:

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey, yes it's a AMB transponder. As far as I know all European country's are using them. They are working greate, the cost of one is about $100. If you are a new racer so you can rent one at the race site, for a small cost. Ofen you have one in each boat and you do not move them around. If one want you can clone one transponder so you have the same number on all of them. It's up to the racer to have them working(in the boat), if the lap counting system is up and running an your boat do not respond/no signal and you loose lap, it's the racers loss. Sometimes we have manual lap counting as a backup. So NO CARBONFIBER hatch above the transponder!!! It do not work!!!

Another nice thing about it is that at the free training day you can get printouts from the system of your laptimes. Perfect when working on setup or just to check on your setup! Yes, I know that the setup should be done before arriving to the race site,,, but ,,,,, sometimes you need that time LoL

Rickard

Yes, It happend some time. When it's winy conditions and the pontoon's were the wire is mounted start to move around there is a slack on the two wire. When a 61" 35cc boat ram the wire it's nothing left. LoL It do not happens often. It's up to the organizer to have the pontoon's in place, if right setup then it's no problem!

Rickard

would love to have the system for most all races, problem is as stated , getting ripped out to bad a theres was'nt a single wire system
No problemos,,,,, 99 times out of 100 it work out find. If you start to use this transpondersystem you will never, ever want to go back (to the stoneage) LoL

Rickard

There was some talk in are Dis about buying a system and taking it to all the races.

The Dis would pay for the system and have rental transponders for those that did not buy there own.

David

By the looks of that stern photo you better put a 90 deg fitting on the rudder water line . looks like it wants to cut a sliver in that hose . Nice boat !!

Yes, It happend some time. When it's winy conditions and the pontoon's were the wire is mounted start to move around there is a slack on the two wire. When a 61" 35cc boat ram the wire it's nothing left. LoL It do not happens often. It's up to the organizer to have the pontoon's in place, if right setup then it's no problem!

Rickard
Rickard, Do you by chance have any photo's of the pontoons and wire setup ??

Do you by chance have any photo's of the pontoons and wire setup ??
parking.jpg

Not something that generally stars on photos but you can see some examples here and here.

Shore side (from Naviga WC in Germany) can just be seen in the background in some of these pictures.

We (in Sweden) generally run two antenna wires about 40cm apart and 50cm over the surface. These join a coax on shore then through an amplifier to the AMB decoder

Thanks Ian , some great shots .

I love the idea of using the system , but the suspended wire is an issue. Guess its the downside of the upside, because the system scoring and timing wise is awesome.Can you imagine NEVER an argued over call-cut buoy or how many laps run :huh:

Not to mention the testing benefits.

If there where a way to submerge the wire deep enough or some type of I/R beam, it would be the new standard world wide .

Andy

Andy, I wouldn't let the fear of wire hits hold you back. Wire cuts do happen but are rare and are fixed relatively quickly and simply with a spare wire or wire clamps. As Rickard stated once you are running a system you will never want to go back to the stone age.....

By the looks of that stern photo you better put a 90 deg fitting on the rudder water line . looks like it wants to cut a sliver in that hose . Nice boat !!
Yes, you right abaut the water line, the water line is retracted into the hull in that pic, it is longer, have the right lengh i think.

Thanks, Rickard

Back