• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Road Runner Xtreme

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Virgil,

Unless I am mistaken (happens all of the time), Roadrunner does not make a 80/90/100 Extreme in single engine hulls. Didn't used to make a 60 either but heard that some are out there but I have not seen them. They went from 40 Extreme to a twin Extreme with nothing in between. The setup instructions that I have for all of the RR's does not include any Extremes from the 60's to the Twin. They have/had standard and ultralight hulls for those sizes and no Extremes. Not really sure what Ralph is building right now. I do not think that an Extreme with an 80/90/100 would hold up well for the pounding of heat racing. My 90 CMB would tear one apart.

John

Virgil, just get a 90 Roadrunner Ultralite. I ran one for a while with a hot CMB 90 & kicked butt with it. You won't be disappointed, trust me. B)

Totally agree!

Don Ferrette said:
Virgil, just get a 90 Roadrunner Ultralite. I ran one for a while with a hot CMB 90 & kicked butt with it. You won't be disappointed, trust me.  B)
67201[/snapback]

Virgil,

Forget the RoadRunners............

Get that Crapshooter that's listed on the Listbot. Get with Stu Barr for any updates it may need and drop a CMB 80 Greenhead in it. You won't be sorry. It will be much fast than any 1.0 will ever be. One of the fastest boats I've ever seen belongs to Chris Wood: A 92 MPH Crapshooter in full heat race trim with a mildly tweaked CMB 80.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

Excellent " used car sale man technique." I am SURE that VIRGIL has be racing and seen many races to KNOW what he wants. And yes crapshooters are FAST. But them you have a hard time taking a crap from that ponit on. Oh, you are wondering, Four digits plus for a kit. That were that comes from. And yes Steve Wood and Bruce, Allen And Harry and the rest of the people that were at the Nats had fast Crapshooters. But the OLDEST SG EAGLE SINGLE the 45in one WITH a STOCK 1.0 CMB in it was second to a TRACTOR. HUMMMMMMMMMMMM. :blink:

Virgil, the U/L 90 is a good size boat for the 1.0. How ever if you chose to have the Xtreme contact Ralph. But if you want it for the NOV race in Slidell. U/L 90 is all that I know of that are out there.

Just as a note - The first year I saw Jeff Lutz race he was running a CMB 1" in an Eagle SG .90 boat in Slidell, La. and I radared it numerous times over 93MPH at that race! Virgil was there. Then sometime later I watched Jeff assemble a boat on the tailgate of his truck, stick a CMB 1" in it and run it through the official IMPBA electric eyes at 106.9MPH ON THE FIRST LAUNCH! He now owns a 105 MPH patch. Further, he and his father have made many EASY passes recently at much higher speeds with a CMB 1".

Since Virgil had asked about Roadrunners I suggested the U/L based on my own experiences with them. Fast, stable & predictable, all the attributes you want in a good heat race boat. As Eric mentioned the Eagle SGX's are very fast also, I've been VERY pleased with all of mine from the 20 to the twin. B)

And BTW Virgil, put a Dick Tyndall turn fin on the Roadrunner, the improvement is beyond words. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I loved my 20 roadrunner.. Very predictable boat with decent speed...

Virgel... I`ll sale you your 90 U/L boat back. Ralph sealed it & jigged it. Its all hear New waiting for radio gear & the K 90 or CMB Engine. Now that K 90........ is Not for sale.... its going into a Roadrunner Xtreme Twin for 05. Or we can sale you a U F O - 90 Hydro KIT. Come on over to the Hydro invite looking forward to seeing you. Since you guys did not make it to the nats..... Joe.

AS for the ROADRUNNER HYDRO KITS Currently There is Xtreme 20-45-67 & Twin........ No Xtreme90 single kit. Also in 05 a New ROADRUNNER TWIN WILL BE ADDED. 1/4 HIGHER than the older Xtreme twin Kit . It will accept more fuel for the Mod CMB 90&91`s & the 05 Roadrunner cowl will clear the carbs on the K90 Engines. W/some 15cc pipes & some 1667 7.0 cup..... Hold on baby.......... :eek:

:D

360modena said:
I am looking to purchase a Road Runner Xtreme that will accomodate a CMD 1.0 engine.  Please send any replies to e-mail address  [email protected].  Thanks.
Virgil Ericksen

67188[/snapback]

Virgil when you get one you can let Raz run over some more ducks with it.

Thanks for all the valuable input guys. Hey Don, you wouldn't want to package that one you have and send it down to New Orleans would you? We are in need of an "F" hydro for the Slidell race the first weekend in November. Thought I was going to have another boat but plans fell thru. Much regrets there.

Jay! As far as "Raz" driving any of our boats.....FORGET IT! He has taken too many transoms off lately!

Regards to all,

Virgil Ericksen

360modena said:
  Hey Don,  you wouldn't want to package that one you have and send it down to New Orleans would you?  We are in need of an "F" hydro for the Slidell race the first weekend in November.  Thought I was going to have another boat but plans fell thru. Much regrets there........
67285[/snapback]

Hey Virgil-

Actually I HAD 2 of them, one went to Mitch Graber & the other to a friend of Jay Stone. From what I've heard both are still doing rather well. B)

Guys,

I would not have suggested for Virgil to get a Crapshooter except for the opportunity to get one reasonably presented itself on the Listbot. It seems one could pick it up fairly easily.

BTW, everybody remarks about the cost of a Crapshooter. Yup! It's a cool Grand to get one new, if you can even get on the list. Sounds pretty resonable to me after you consider what it takes to get any other "production" outrigger redady to run. When you buy a Crapshooter, you have everything you need to finish it except radio, powerplant and various odds and ends. I think Stu even includes the shaft, complete with permanently installed drive dog. Try doing that with any other kit. Even if you do get a new kit cheaper, try outperforming a Crapshooter with it. That's right, keep trying.......... Someday you'll learn.......

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

Eric,

Why settle for 106? Take that boat, yank the 1.0 out, drop it somewhere not underfoot, and put an 80 Greenhead in. Re-prop it and toss it in. More RPM, less fuel, same torque, faster boat, cheaper bearings, easier to work on, lighter. What's not to love?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad Christy said:
.......... Even if you do get a new kit cheaper, try outperforming a Crapshooter with it. That's right, keep trying.......... Someday you'll learn.......
Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

67305[/snapback]

Geeez, let me run out to the trailer & get the hip-boots, it's gettin' awful deep..... <_<

Latest posts

Back