Who would travel to Rochester, NY for the 2016 IMPBA Nitro Nats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely wouldn't be 4th of July. I believe the prospected dates are the weekend of the 16th.

After the speed at which Gas Nats entries filled up, do you guys really think you would have a problem with people not coming up to Rochester for Nitro Nats??? Hell, I might come back up and I don't have a nitro boat. I'll pull the .90 motor out of my airplane. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, driving from D-14 isn't so bad. Try driving from D-8. Took the wife and I five days to drive from Spokane WA to Canadiaga pulling a 26ft camp trailer with a Chevy Tahoe. That was running at roughly 70mph the whole way
That's a dedicated racer. You got it bad.
Tom, that was just for a one day fun run. Truth be told, it was only one of the reasons we drove back. The rest were in Mass or Conn the following week.

Chili i can hook you up with some boats.

Dick
Thanks for the offer Dick but with no experience starting and running nitro boats, I would be a burden. Plus I'm purchasing a new twin mono hull so I have to watch the budget.

I'm not good enough so I'd best sit this one out.
Don't sell your self short. It's a good experience, and a lot of fun with your boating friends.
Jim, Tom is so right, besides you'll never know, if you don't try. You'll be racing with people you already know, plus a few you don't, which is the great part. I almost didn't go to my first Nats in 1981 because I thought I wasn't good enough, and got my first National Championship. Like Tom said, don't sell yourself short.
Steve Ball

Steve is so right about one's decision to go or not to go to a National Championship race. When I first got started I had been racing for about a year and had an opportunity to go to the IMPBA Internats in Huntsville, Alabama ( I won't say what year! ). You could only enter 2 boats back then, but then you had 30 to 40 boats in each class. It was intimidating just thinking about being there much less racing against all of the big name people that you had heard and read about that usually won all of the races. As the week went on I quickly discovered that I could race with these people and have some success. I ended up finishing runner-up to the US-1 winner in both of my classes. What a big shot in the arm that was. Of course it didn't hurt that I learned to race with John Finch, Steve Speas, John Bonanno and some other great racers in my local club.

So don't think twice about going to a big race. Have confidence in your ability and watch the races that you are not racing in. You can learn a lot on how to race AND what NOT to do by learning from other's mistakes. You will always meet a lot of nice people who don't mind answering some questions or even helping you out to get your boat running better. It is well worth the trip.

Dick Tyndall

Awsome!
default_smile.png

Back