Who would travel to Rochester, NY for the 2016 IMPBA Nitro Nats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's not worry about a US1. That's for a different thread. Carey lake is big enough for saw.

The idea of a national race is to get together the best racers and boats to compete against each other to crown a national champion. Spreading it around the country gives some boaters a chance to race in a national race against the best if they can't travel to some of the bigger events.

Right now you have the fall nats, hobart, and the winter nitro championships which are dominated by nitro boats. Maybe there are just too many good races to go to and the nitro nats don't mean what they used to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not worry about a US1. That's for a different thread. Carey lake is big enough for saw.

The idea of a national race is to get together the best racers and boats to compete against each other to crown a national champion. Spreading it around the country gives some boaters a chance to race in a national race against the best if they can't travel to some of the bigger events.

Right now you have the fall nats, hobart, and the winter nitro championships which are dominated by nitro boats. Maybe there are just too many good races to go to and the nitro nats don't mean what they used to?
Don't worry about the negative. You can't make everybody happy. Let's just concentrate on making something positive happen which this will be. I've seen and heard enough positive on this. Let's get it done. It will be a very good race for this part of the country. Just like the other races you mentioned are good for those respective parts of the country.

I think they ran a true "shootout" format at the gas Nats and it was very well received.

Five rounds of straight up heat racing with no "gimmies", sounds like a National Champion to me!
default_happy.png

If you decide to do it Matt you know you can count on Northern Lights MBC members to help any way we can...

That's exactly how it's going to be Terry. Anybody that wins will have earned it by constantly racing the top point boats for 5 rounds.

I've raced this many times before and it is the most challenging, especially when you have really good competition to race against. Like you said, "no gimmies".

That's exactly how it's going to be Terry. Anybody that wins will have earned it by constantly racing the top point boats for 5 rounds.

I've raced this many times before and it is the most challenging, especially when you have really good competition to race against. Like you said, "no gimmies".
I think I'm in for this race, the shootout, racing top point boats is always fun.

Tom, driving from D-14 isn't so bad. Try driving from D-8. Took the wife and I five days to drive from Spokane WA to Canadiaga pulling a 26ft camp trailer with a Chevy Tahoe. That was running at roughly 70mph the whole way

Rochester NY club is well organized, great place

to race. Lots of tent space and parking. Lotsa hotels. Restaurant on site. There is room for

US-1 format.

Nails

Rochester NY club is well organized, great place

to race. Lots of tent space and parking. Lotsa hotels. Restaurant on site. There is room for

US-1 format.

Nails
Yes. The US1 format is preferred for sure.

For those of you who keep harping on the US-1 thing let me refer you all back to post #20-

"Sorry to say but the full format won't happen if this comes to life it will be a 3 day event only.

It's nice to see a club trying to get this going since I do not see any other club stepping up to the plate

for the Nitro guys. I do hope there's more interest for this event or again the Nitro Nats won't fly in 2016."

PLEASE LET IT GO and be thankful that a club is willing to host the Nitro Nats at all. I wish I could go but I already have a commitment etched in stone for the proposed dates.

Sorry to say but the full format won't happen if this comes to life it will be a 3 day event only.

It's nice to see a club trying to get this going since I do not see any other club stepping up to the plate

for the Nitro guys. I do hope there's more interest for this event or again the Nitro Nats won't fly in 2016.
Looks like some of us missed this post Luc. We are glad you guys are doing whatever you can to help hold this event. I would't say we were "harping" as much as we were wishing!!!...LOL

This is a fantastic site for boat racing. The entire club gets involved and does all the work needed to make for a great race. They held the Gas Nats this past summer and it was one to be remembered. I can't think that this race would be any less. The only thing that will be needed is the racers.

Back