Who likes Carbon Fiber

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Krogness

Finally got carbon xpress about done. Had her finished 2 years ago but decided to re-rig and add a 3rd channel!! And cut some weight.

Still didn't get the wire drive in but Maybe next time... Just waiting on a tank from Walt and some different boom tubes clamps.

Not sure on weight of tank but probably right around my 2lb goal:)

Opinions on the cowl. Keep it or toss? Figured in the case of over cooling it might help....

IMAG2788.jpg

IMAG2789.jpg

IMAG2791.jpg

IMAG2792.jpg

IMAG2793.jpg

How about Kevlar!!! Might start a 21 at some point,, the tubs need finishing and probably out of time. By the time I cut them up probably to short to do a 45:(

Thanks fellas

IMAG2762.jpg

They pipe is on the wrong side Kevin! Now you have to start over!
default_blink.png

Thanks Marty, if it's warm out next week hopefully video will follow!!! I grabbed one of the OS needles you recommend to try out. Now I'm working on my starter box setup and wait for warm weather:)

Never was a big fan of nitro and oil blowing all over my hand and arm ,,, I'll keep it on the wrong/right side:)

If I'm lucky I get to play a round of golf and throw the boat in the water tomorrow!!! Will see how windy it is an go from there:)

Ran the little gem today, need to take the fins down more or just run with the button. Had a hard time getting engine up to temp. I'm sure the carbon pipe didn't help.

Now to wait for warmer weather... Although tomorrow is supposed to be 70!!

Just need to order parts, tweak a few things and she will be ready for the summer!!!

Added some more carbon to the collection. Raptor 12 pipe from Brian Bauss,, looks bad a** next trip to the pond is prop and pipe testing.

Cut the fins down more for less cooling and more fuel and Some Sholund specials strapped to the back I'll see if I can get her up to temp!!

Might make a run for the border, Ricks hobby farm here I come on the next warm day:)

IMAG2895.jpg

IMAG2891.jpg

IMAG2894.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

I am waiting the wind out till 7:00 PM.

Hopefully she will cooperate (Mother Nature).

Trying some new propellers on the 21 Hydro.

2014 with a H-7 profile, 1815 w/17 degrees of rake,

1650, and a 1817 w/20 degrees of rake.

Should Be Fun,

Mark Sholund

Sounds fun!!! I brought 2 of my little helpers with so not sure how much longer the 4 and 8 year old girls can take it. Hope the wind shuts down for you:)

Back