Who has run my NR OB conversions already???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
How are they working? I have not herd of any performance related feedback yet on my conversion kits. I will not be able to run mine until around the end of next month. :angry: when the water gets a little softer. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just putting my baby together... Probably won't get to start running it in for another two weeks or so

How are they working? I have not herd of any performance related feedback yet on my conversion kits. I will not be able to run mine until around the end of next month.
mad.gif
when the water gets a little softer.
wink.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I know the feeling, we run at the same pond.
tongue.gif
Only two more feet of ice to melt, and a some sunshine to warm the water up, till toy boat season, and it's raining at my house.
biggrin.gif

I ran the conversion kit with my NR TX21SSM last Sunday. It perform great and could get more speed if i have some more times to set it right. I will test it again this Sunday.

My set up:

Vision craft tunnel

NR TX21SSM

OS lower

Irwin nitro pipe

Byron 45% fuel

1440 prop moded by 707

Fired my GO OB up today after get the crankshaft back from my engine guy who turbo'd it...., you have got to love an engine that starts when you connect the glow plug... :unsure:

Anyway hopefully get some time to run it tomorrow should be a sweet thing....

Mark, as noted a great piece of machining.....

GO OB 023.jpg

Murphy,

Did the crank and PTO fit the Go engine without any mods to it?

Let use know how she runs buddy.

Mark,

Crank just dropped in, and the PTO would have also fitted if I had ordered one for the older style Nova, plus the bolt holes don't line up and need slight elongating, anyway a quick tidy up on the mill by my mate GMorty and all was good. I also slightly chamfered where you made the cut out on the PTO for piston skirt, when I first put it together felt like the piston was touching it at BDC. Flywheel just needs a collet from a Nova Rossi.

Gave it a quick run on Sunday after racing, but the wind came up in the afternoon so couldn't get a tune on the motor, so hopefully get some more on water time later this week

I ran it again last Sunday. It did not turn on with my mod 1440. So I changed to Octura X438 and it scream all day.

I will test it again with others pipe this weekend.

Madduck,

Reduce the cup or the diameter on the 1440 and it should run real well on that motor.

You may want to try a 40 x 52/3 now with the extra power.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

How are they working? I have not herd of any performance related feedback yet on my conversion kits. I will not be able to run mine until around the end of next month. :angry: when the water gets a little softer. ;)
Haven't got a chance to run it yet, but the crank feels like it is rubbing on the case and the motor feels real draggy. Anyone else feel this, Thanks Shawn

Haven't got a chance to run it yet, but the crank feels like it is rubbing on the case and the motor feels real draggy. Anyone else feel this, Thanks Shawn
Make sure that the crank is seated in all the way. The bronze oilite PTO bushing may be dragging just a bit also. Which will only need some run in time to brake it in. Otherwise send me the engine and I will make sure everything is fitted properly.

Mark

Mark,

I finally had a chance to run your conversion kit in my T21- 7m today and I am a VERY HAPPY customer :D .

The crank, PTO and Flywheel not only look fantastic, they fit perfectly and the engine performed faultlessly on my HTB 290. I now need to spend a bit more time with pipes and props to get the full potential from this engine but its first day on the water shows there is a lot to gain.

Murph also ran his HTB today with your kit in his .21 Go engine and had the thing ballistic by the end of the day!!

Once again thanks for stepping up to the plate and taking on the challenge to produce these kits. The quality of the work is a credit to you as well as they way you kept people informed of progress and delivered when you said you would.

Thanks Mate.

Regards,

James

Shawn

Dan Hutchinson had the same issue with his at the Tunnel Champs, and when we removed the flex cable it relieved the problem. After dressing the flex shaft ends with a dremel, the tightness went away. Most likely was a Flex shaft QC issue. Very nice work Tim....

Randy

Shawn

Dan Hutchinson had the same issue with his at the Tunnel Champs, and when we removed the flex cable it relieved the problem. After dressing the flex shaft ends with a dremel, the tightness went away. Most likely was a Flex shaft QC issue. Very nice work Tim....

Randy
Got one of these cranks from rumrunner and found that the pto pin was just slightly to long. A quick touch on a 1" belt sander knocked it down & it fit perfect after that.

~Bill

Shawn

Randy

randy,

the mans name is mark, tim is his brother.

YOUR AN IDIOT :p

tim

Back